It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO lies again. 20K times the legal limit for radiation was leaked into the ocean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
enenews.com... ey-seem-to-lack-even-the-most-basic-knowledge-about-radiati

Tepco said wednesday it detected 200,000 becquerels per liter of beta ray-emitting radioactive substances. the legal limit is 30 becquerels per liter. the pacific ocean is toast.

(edit to add - 580,000 becquerels per liter was also reported)
edit on 3-10-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Living in Vancouver Canada across the pacific from this ongoing disaster, I try to keep as informed on what's happening over there. I do care but with each new news article I feel more and more like we are totally screwed and there is nothing being done but a cover up.

All who follow this know it's beyond control there is no plan I just wish the truth leaked out as fast as the radioactivity....

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here we see TEPCO officials measuring radiation levels at Fukushima Daichi...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you look at Fukushima on Google Earth in a serious and careful way, beyond the sight the ruins make for a disaster? You'll see some of what exploded in the first days was just 200 yards from open ocean water. Not the Breakwater protection they have and which probably caught all kinds of crap for debris ...but 200 meters from the center of the larger one ...is the southern edge of where that Breakwater starts out and open beach/open water begins running south and out from there.

How much more toxic does it get than raw fuel material into open and very much living water? This goose got cooked well done on the local level in those first days. They've just pretended that didn't happen while floating ideas about as wise as the Titanic. Like layers of goo to spread over the ocean floor, close in to shore there, to "trap it".

Well.. DOH!

I don't know if we should laugh or cry when they talk about just suspending it in goo? Have they not been to a University before being trusted with decisions on nuclear accidents? Have they not ..ahem..read what the Half-Life is for some of what got blown to the 4 winds and ..err.. 7 Seas? It beats their goo by a fair margin, I don't have to be a scientist to guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
[reply to post by pasiphae

Hmm please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 200,000 / 30 = 6,666.6666666667

Therefore it is 6.66k times the legal limit not 20k?
edit on 3-10-2013 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hana1

i took that from the article which also mentions a much higher level also detected (mentioned in the "edit to add" part). i didn't personally do the math. i just know it's A LOT more than the legal limit.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Beta radiation can be completely blocked by thick clothing, like a winter coat.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

laugh or cry.... it really is a toss up. i'm dumbfounded that this seems to be mostly ignored in the media as if it's not really a big deal. i have to assume it's being ignored because NO ONE knows what to do.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Where do you go with a story when it's already been run to scary worst case reporting a half dozen times? I think its really that simple. Even for lack of threads here. We're screwed... They're screwed... TEPCO has been lying from the start to downplay the appearance and keep up public image and it's still very much an uncontrolled meltdown in progress. It has been from the first venting of hydrogen gas that blew out the reactor buildings and cooling infrastructure.

I don't think they don't care...but some stories? Well... Heck.. even disaster stories have sidebar human interest pieces. Something to give an upside to the down report. This has no up ..and until things get worse in some new way? (like these occasional revelations) ..it just doesn't carry ratings, is what I'd say.

Cold...but that's how news works it seems.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

hana1
[reply to post by pasiphae

Hmm please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 200,000 / 30 = 6,666.6666666667

Therefore it is 6.66k times the legal limit not 20k?
edit on 3-10-2013 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

Phew!!!!!

I was worried when I read 20K times the limit but since you pointed out its only 6.66K times the accepted limit I feel much better.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Oh right yeah some reason I read that edit as 180k. ><

Most people just don't care that is likely why the MSM don't bother. Just as an example I mentioned it to one of my friends that is very mainstream imo and her response was "that's just a drop in the ocean nothing to be worried about" this is what the mainstream thinks. Out of sight out of mind to alot of people. Another one of my friends when this earthquake happened we were actually playing a MMORPG with some people in our group located in Japan so we were aware of it as soon as it happened because they told us. Well this friend when I brought it up recently with him he barely remembered and eventually said "wasn't that years ago" like he was saying what's the problem that was years ago. The majority of people just don't care, sad but true.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And where is the Lie?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hana1

My post could be misunderstood and taken like I don't care so for the record I do care. I've been to Japan a couple times and those times were some of the best times in my life so I'd hate to see it turn into a toxic wasteland.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

sigh.... the lie is more like an absence of the truth. they were saying water was going into the ocean and leaving out the part where it was so high over the legal limit. lie by omission. they keep confessing after the fact and i can only assume it's because the mess is getting harder and harder to play pretend about.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
first they say it's 200,000 bq's per liter then it turns out it's 580K. seems like they are pretty consistent with the underestimates..... i don't know if they are inept or doing it on purpose. at this point, after so much misinformation, it's hard not to conclude that they are lying because the mess is so big and bad.

on the one hand i wish they'd be honest but on the other i almost think it's best to keep people from going into a complete panic by giving low ball stats. what would happen if they came out and said "you know what? this thing is f-ed and there is no way to stop the flood of radiation" ? what would the people of japan do and what would people do on the west coast of the US? "sorry folks, you can kiss your thyroid and bones goodbye". i'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over very well.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes, i understand this but imo. this is not "a Lie"
but happened because of the Size of this Operation!

They corrected their Statement yesterday
after the Laboratory Results came back.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here is what is important about the title of this thread: "legal limit."

The "legal limit" is an ARBITRARY threshold that allows the government to either collect money or put someone in jail. Since NO ONE from TEPCO or Japan is going to jail over any of this the limit means nothing. Since they have no f*&%$ing idea what is going into the ocean this limit does not matter.

Chaos is chaos, not amount of scientific hand-wringing about studies of this, and limits of that, means a thing - this whole thing is rooted in, chaos, planetary chaos and there is no international interest, the political powers have been told, unequivocally, to leave this alone and let it happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't have to speak about this picture it says it all.. It's too late this can never be reversed within two hundred and fifty years.. When will it be that the first nuclear rainfall take place ?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

This Picture is a Simulation of the Tsunamis Wave Heights, not the Radiation!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

And you really believe that.. It's a thermal image how can a thermal image show waves?

Well I don't know man, maybe you're right but I'm not sure about it..

This one came from march 2012 that's more then a year ago..?

Don't you think that the stain from march 2012 has been doubled or more like my first picture I showed?
edit on 3-10-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join