It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics: How Do You So Easily Dismiss Testimonies From Astronauts About UFO's?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I did notice that from previous posts and definitely agree not all reports were valid or words got twisted into something that might provide better ratings.

My comment was more in general, actual legitimate accounts from Astronauts would hold a little more weight than other accounts. In general they have more knowledge of and first hand experience actually in space. It doesn't change that any such account alone is not proof of anything and I don't see that as a valid reason for attacking skeptics.

Personally I think true skeptics are a good thing, they review everything provided to try and come up with their own intelligent conclusion. Nothing should be blindly believed by anyone and actual skeptics can help provide better understandings of different things.

Now there are those that blindly ignore and will never consider any evidence kind of like a child with their finger in their ears throwing a tantrum to ignore anything that goes against their beliefs. They do not help any discussion.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

By the way, I do understand there are plenty of people that want to believe in aliens and do the exact same thing as my example above when provided proof that something they believed was not what they believed.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

inquisitive1977

Now there are those that blindly ignore and will never consider any evidence kind of like a child with their finger in their ears throwing a tantrum to ignore anything that goes against their beliefs. They do not help any discussion.

Plenty of that on both sides.

Nonetheless, the point of true skepticism is to question, not spread belief.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well Jim, I must be the quintessential skeptic because I don't believe the skeptics. To many times they have proven to have agendas; be they political, religious, scientific, etc and no amount of evidence will convince them against their particular bias.

As you pointed out education and experience doesn't necessarily lead to the truth.

The path isnt a straight line; its a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood and see deeper truths.......... Ritu Ghatourey

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well Jim, I must be the quintessential skeptic because I don't believe the skeptics.

do you believe everything you hear?

Everyone is skeptical in one way or another.

To many times they have proven to have agendas; be they political, religious, scientific, etc and no amount of evidence will convince them against their particular bias.

Proven? if so then....

that is not a skeptic what your describing but a disinfo agent.

As you pointed out education and experience doesn't necessarily lead to the truth.

But it makes it a hell of lot easier to recognize the truth if they ever come across it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join