It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM News Coincidences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OK so this one is brief, but illustrative.

We've all seen the Late Night TV skit wherein they show various news talkers saying the exact same words and phrases over the exact same "stories" which proves that these outfits are coordinated in what and even how they say the words they say.

"DogFaceBook?": www.youtube.com...

I don't know why anyone would actually watch these shows and believe they were learning anything about the world, but it seems like lots of people do, so stuff like this information is relevant.

I was scanning the New York TImes and the Guardian for USG shutdown info since I'm furloughed.

I noticed that a newspaper from London and one from New York both had the same type of article about - Payday Lenders.

It seems both US and Brit banks are going after the small-fry financial criminals in the same way at the same time and that it is being reported in the news the same way on both sides of the Atlantic.

Coordinated?

We cannot know, but the evidence of our senses tells us that someone is in charge of this stuff.

Links to articles in bothj papers about govewrnment crackdown on payday lenders.

You think this stuff is random chance? Well, I suppose you would.

NYT article: www.nytimes.com...

Guardian article: gu.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Yes, it's called the AP newswire.

They are about as hard working as the students in public schools, copy and paste was their major.
edit on 3-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yes thank you.
That is why the reportage is what it is.

Now - about them banks and the actual, you know, thing about which the story is.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

MarsSentinel
reply to post by greencmp

Yes thank you.
That is why the reportage is what it is.

Now - about them banks and the actual, you know, thing about which the story is.

I thought that was your point and used the payday lenders as an example.

The pdl issue goes back to Clinton who used it to great effect back in the 90s to redirect criticism of his own dealings with banks. Seems like a regurgitation of that tactic to elicit sympathy from the left.

Coordinated? Probably. For whose benefit? The left and specifically Hillary on this side of the pond most likely.
edit on 3-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well our news is generated by trends.

All a news company wants is to get more viewers, which turns into more money. So the second they hear about something a lot of people are talking about, bam, they'll talk about it. Even if it isn't even important.

They're fed what to put on the news. The anchors and what have you don't put what they want, it's simply handed down. And all of our big media companies are owned by large media companies. Some stations are most likely owned by the same company, or one of it's subsidiaries, which is why you'll start seeing the same stories often.

The fact is there really isn't much good reporting anymore. It's just "Here, go and say this." And they do it. Or just copied from other sources. Not much merit, or honor. Usually just thrown together information to keep on getting viewers.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The video wouldn't work in my country.

Could someone re-upload it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

MarsSentinel
You think this stuff is random chance? Well, I suppose you would.

oh no, its not random chance at all. there's only one explanation, they all received the same script from the same writer. no other possibility.

and to remove any doubt. round two

www.youtube.com...

freedom of the press my ass.

freedom for the press to be controlled by money and greed from one all encompassing monopoly. far more accurate,

i think we are learning where capitalism takes a country without the proper checks and balances in place to keep the market free and fair.

thank god for Conan doing this skit, it really just blatantly proves how controlled by one source MSM is. i hope he does this skit again and again.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm staying at a house that actually has cable teevee, something I gave up on years ago now.

So just out of curiosity cuz of the shutdown and all, I get up at 7:30 am and turn on the news, CBS I think.

Tail end of segment about 'how it took the FBI TWO YEARS to take down Silk Road, what with it's billions of dollars worth of sales in drugs and guns, and now apparently (trumped up charges?) a hit job request made in the name of the founder's own email, thus 'giving him away' to the FBI that had spent TWO YEARS buying stuff on line from them. Two years, FBI, seriously? And it took a 'hit job request' to make the charges stick and arrest this guy? Bwhwahahahahahaha.

The next segment was showing a video of that 'motorcycle gang against dad, mom and kiddies' thing that I'd heard about, vaguely, already on the internet. Scary movie.. oooo, scary. Brave, well tuned to the moment, perfectly coiffed talking head describes for us what we're seeing, and then announces, 'well, you've probably seen this video.... after they already showed it to us once. Now, they show it again.

Click.

I've seen enough to last me a couple more years. They call this news? They call this reporting?? Nope, it's eye candy, the nasty, crappy waxy chocolate kind you buy for kids who don't know better at Easter time, for people in wheelchairs stuck in nursing homes in front of, for the most part and godsavethem, what a way to spend your declining years, Fox News.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i wonder what the reason would be to have so many outlets broadcast a story about dogs having their own social networking site........... how odd

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

found a third example of this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
These days journalism isn't necessarily about sitting in a news office with 100s of other journalists.

It's much easier being a freelance and then selling out your ideas and articles to who ever wants to buy them. Then you'll just become an affiliate of sorts.

Some stock companies who you are used to selling images or videos are now also beginning to sell articles.

There's nothing conspiratorial about this... it's just the effects of globalization and digitization; why hire a guy to a monthly wage having him or her sit at a desk hoping they'll make a good story that will attract readers, when you can simply go window shopping for the stories you think will sell best.

This is business... nothing more.

Sadly, this also means that another work area will be tougher to work in and people will be laid off.

new topics

top topics

join