Non-Federally Funded Parks Shut Down? Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by benrl

Oh course, the problem is that the Titanic they are playing the games on, really does have a gaping hole down the side of the hull and it really is taking on water fast.

Meanwhile, the buffoons are on the deck, beating each other with deck chairs and arguing over who was wrong in counting for life boats.

It's a long swim....

edit on 3-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

More and more people are waking up to this fact, I just had a friend text me that he finally buys all my "anti-two party BS"...

I consider it a victory even the cost was this cluster *&(% we are wittnessing...

The system is burning, and its far past the time we need to either grab a bucket or a torch.

The people who are apathetic to these problems have decided the torch, as apathy is just as bad as causing this problem.

WE need to vote every one of these people out of office, IF i don't work I get fired, OUR reps should be just as accountable.

We hired them to do a job, that includes discourse and debate with the other side, NOT tantrums.
edit on 3-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I believe this is a tactic to invoke Martial Law. Keep yours eyes open in the back ground. I'm being brought back to OZ. They want to keep everybody in Kansas in front of the curtain.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Please don't send Obama to Australia!!!! Our politicians are screwy enough!

I am sorry for what is going on over there. It's bloody ridiculous.

Still paying themselves, if there's anyone out there that can empty the payroll account for these morons then do it!!

Deposit it to the vets....

It's your country. It's your taxes. It's blatant mismanagement of funds and if he was a CEO he would have been brutalised with the rough end of a pineapple.....

Is there not an option to have the whole lot of them removed....

Bet the Middle East is laughing openly. Invading countries and making yourself go broke. I honestly think if the US hadn't interfered in 1990, those places would have taken care of the problem by obliteration!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Some of the issues - like pay - is based on the Constitution and nothing else.

Its one reason why term limit laws for federal representatives was ruled unconstitutional. The Constitution does not discuss term limits, and because of that it cannot be restricted in the normal manner.

Pay is the same way. Compensation is set and defined by the Constitution and the 27th amendment.

Personally speaking I would like to throw out the amendment that allows Senators to be directly elected by the people. They were never intended to represent the people.. Thats what the House id for. The Senate is to represent their respective states. Once that was changed things went down hill.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
The King is unhappy and ain't no one gonna be happy again until the King has a smile again. I think that's the new reality. If Obama isn't a happy little camper? The nation will suffer for it.

We elected a 2yr old in a man's body. Tantrums and logic that just brings brain freeze sometimes.

It's more than Obama, if the federal employees didn't agree with his actions, they would do a "go slow" on the his legislation or instructions and jam it up. Instead, they are following orders to the letter down to smallest inconvenience like putting padlocks on the public toilets and locking up the toilet rolls, and setting the traffic lights to red.

I knew people who worked in government offices. Whenever the auditors came round to look at how "efficient" the offices were and see where cutbacks could be made, everyone would go slow, let the work pile up and take everything out of the cupboards, all before the inspectors came. Then when the auditors came round, they'd see piles of work everywhere, everyone working furiously, go away and recommend the recruitment of even more staff.
It's just a game that they play.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

SourGrapes
We, American citizens, are being punished for not towing the line. They will continue to cut off privileges, whether federally funded or not, until we submit and step in line.

"Non-essentials" = privileges, even if those 'privileges' are free or privately funded. If we keep it up, they will place security officers and barricades around Chunky-Cheese, Disneyland, Six Flags, and the like.

We'll have to take our kids' birthday parties under-ground!

I agree. I just completed an experiment and have finally scientifically deduced that the entire government is made up of vinegar and water... with just a hint of fresh rain cent. The more they take away from us the more they have to fear... yet they don't seem to understand that. Everyone has a breaking point, whether meek or strong, and I think they are getting close to crossing the line. I guess all we need to do is sit back and wait for them to shut down social security and welfare and then over 50% of our country will be up in arms and ready to fight back.. Until that happens I think that nothing much will come of this dog and pony show. Is this how all people from Kenya would run a country? I hope not.. but looking at theirs i may change my mind. Obama is a joke and that rodeo-clown was silenced for revealing "classified"information when he put on the mask of our "douche in chief".. too many people would realize what our POTUS really is... a rodeo carnival joke who couldn't talk or compromise his way out of a saran wrap fecal sandwich. I just don't get it, we had enough money to go to war with Syria and whoever else defended them at the time... but now we cant even keep the children's cancer center running? AGENDA?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

As far as pay for the congress goes I believe that they passed some legislature in 1992 stating that they will continue to get paid in times of government shutdown... of course the people who confound and confuse us with their agendas, actions and drivel would want to make sure they still get paid when they screw up and don't vote in the best interest of their constituents.... in my opinion that is the day they gave the American people the finger.. because no matter what happens they still get paid ... They are a bunch of rotting grapes.. NO DON'T PICK THEM... leave them rotting on the vine.. and when they finally die and fall off we may have a better bunch sprout from the crap they used as fertilizer.

I am getting a huge kick out of the dems and Obozo blaming everything on the GOP..... I mean because it only goes one way right? The dems and Obozo say either you give us a bill with nothing on it or we will not pass it... we don't want to negotiate with you... we don't care that millions of Americans are losing their healthcare plans (when obama told them they wouldn't) we don't care that some of the largest healthcare providers in over 10 states will no longer do business because of us and will shut their doors and lay off their employee's.. and we don't care when american families have to double or triple their expenditure on health plans that in most cases cover less than what they had before... a ton of the affordable healthcare plans have deductibles that start over $5000.... really? so the insurance is affordable but the treatment is not. What we want and what the "American people want" is a sham plan as fresh a 2 week old wet blanket that will allow them to be insured, and in the case of poverty level citizens.. well they can be insured at the expense of most everyone else... but mostly the middle class.. I mean the middle class these days are just hanging on so why not just force them down to poverty level with our "Affordable care tax"?

They keep calling this affordable healthcare like they are doing the American people a favor.. when it is only a TAX! The supreme court wouldn't even pass it in it's virgin form until it was stated that it was a tax.... People.. keep in mind that this is no privilege... it's a tax on each and every one of us, rich or poor you will have to account and settle for it sooner or later.. they are doing us no favors.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So when will they close down McDonalds, Burger Kings and KFCs internationally?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

signalfire
If you don't like Obamacare for whatever reason, especially since it hasn't been instituted yet, then start studying medicine and books like 'how to do surgery on yourself' because what we have now is an unsustainable mess. Take it from someone who used to be on the frontlines of the bloodletting.

Are you really this ignorant? Obamacare is not national health-care that looks out for citizens. It's over-priced, high deductible, fined if you do not have, non secured healthcare that congress and obama himself opted out of because it was so terrible.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sigh.

Here we go again.

The POTUS did NOT shut down the national parks or anything else. He is just as unhappy with the shutdowns as we are.

The Tea Party Republicans are the ones who shut everything down.

And I don't know why everybody is so afraid of raising the debt ceiling. Every country on earth has a national debt. The U.S. has never defaulted and never will, unless, of course, John Boehner and Rand Paul or other rabid right-wingers decide to ram that through Congress.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Sestias
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sigh.

Here we go again.

The POTUS did NOT shut down the national parks or anything else. He is just as unhappy with the shutdowns as we are.

And I don't know why everybody is so afraid of raising the debt ceiling. Every country on earth has a national debt. The U.S. has never defaulted and never will, unless, of course, John Boehner and Rand Paul or other rabid right-wingers decide to ram that through Congress.

Being that you are proficient at using the internet, I would think you'd actually be aware of what is going on by reading non-partisan alternative news sources.

Apparently, I'm wrong you're still parroting the Obama mainstream media. You're wrong. He is not unhappy, he is ordering them to BRING THE PAIN ON US.

Republicans have funded everything, Democrats refused to bring them to a vote.

Come on man...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
should have planned better, things happen and if you are taking a vacation plan a head
" public land " is government owned people..

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Sestias
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sigh.

Here we go again.

Correct - The President has absolutely no authority when it comes to the Power of the Purse - That authority was vested in Congress, specifically the House of Representatives - US Constitution - Article I Section 8 - Taxing and Spending Clause

As what gets shut down in terms of Executive Department, the President very much determines that. The National Park Police did not take it upon themselves to shut down private businesses located on Federal Park Land. They also did not take it upon themselves to shut down open air parks. Those orders came from above, and with such obvious political implications, the heads of those executive department did not make those political decisions on their own.

Sestias

Thank god someone had the sense to stop out of control government spending.. Secondly blame who you want, they are doing exactly what was authorized by the US Constitution. For those who just don't understand, our Constitution is designed to have an inefficient government. Its designed to ensure the minority opinion is heard. Just because one party is in the minority does not mean its subject to 100% majority rule - and for good reason.

Secondly while the President submits a budget, he doesn't get everything he wants.. The power of the Purse is a check and balance on the Executive branch.

now, to clear up some ignorance people seem to have on this one topic...

9 Democrats voted with the tea party republicans while 12 Republicans voted with the democrats. Ironic that information is ignored... The bill that was ignored that essentially shut down the government - kept the Affordable Care Act largely intact... It delayed the individual mandate for 1 year, and those 9 democrats voted in the manner they did because they found it unfair that businesses were given an exception, while the individual was not.

Sestias

While almost every country has a national debt (some do not) our National Debt is by far the worlds largest in terms of total sum. Secondly if we don't raise the debt ceiling we still will be able to service the debt, which runs about 25 billion a month. The US takes in about 200 billion a month.. It means the US would need to prioritize what it will pay for, or in other words it would require the US to actually determine what it can afford, and go from there. In other words it would hold the US government to the same standard it requires of its citizens. To pay what they owe and only afford what they can.

As for your ignorant comment about ramming something down the throats of others, maybe you should learn about the history of the US prior to trying to hold the MSM BS propaganda line while looking like a fool at the same time.

A Short History of US Credit Defaults
The Continental Currency Default of 1779
The Default on Continental Domestic Loans 1790
The Greenback Default of 1862
The Liberty Bond Default of 1934
The Momentary Default of 1979

Shall we look at the list of Democrats who shut down the government over the years? This is NOT the first government shut down and the Republicans are not the only party to be accused of doing it.

The Power to Tax and Spend - Congress
The Power of the Veto - President

Result - Compromise by both.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join