It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can be a god.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We now know that everything in the universe is perception. The world is what you feel, see, hear taste, .....

What effects us exists. What does not effect us does not exist. If a human being was able to control what he/she perceives he would control his/her realty (making him/her a god)
If ones mind is more then there physical brain then they could with the right discipline control there perception.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well then you should definitely read this.

bobert1.home.mindspring.com...

Not that I trust the Masons but I could see the truth that they were revealing in the Kybalion for sure.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The answers lie in the dead? how dead anybody know when people stopped worring about true things and began following those who wish not but to use and suck dry until on is dead

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What you say we all know, I do not know or agree with.

There are places where they put people who loose touch with reality, their perception is not in accordance with reality.

Some there claim to be Christ, some Napolean, others Bob Barker. None are allowed to wander off the grounds alone.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I realized this a while ago, and I have yet to learn how to fly. Three broken arms, two legs and a collar bone later, I think I am feeling something, but that could just be the booze.

XAOS

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
To be a god, by definition, one has to be able to influence others in at least a small way. Changing one's sphere of perception has absolutely no direct influence on ordinary people. godship (small g) is possible only with money in this world

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Is a god in his own mind....

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii
What effects us exists. What does not effect us does not exist. If a human being was able to control what he/she perceives he would control his/her realty (making him/her a god)

We can make our own reality in our mind, that's true, PSychologists call it Skyzophrenia...
But we cant create a world like GOD did.

[Edited on 19-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
but, to the mind that created it, it would seem (to him at least), that the world he perceives IS of his own creation, and thus...for all intents and purposes, he is (to himself at least) God....

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Some there claim to be Christ, some Napolean, others Bob Barker.

Back when I was tripping, I once believed I was Napoleon. We had come across some of the original '___'-25 or whatever it's called and reality took a couple of twists. There were no cartoons on them or anything, they were all white and were the leftovers some friend had brought with him from a holliday in Las Vegas.

I had just emptied the second glass of beer, I didn't drink it, just poored it out on the table being totally amazed with how beautifully the little streams of beer seemed to move in fractals like a giant river made small rignt infront of me. Anyway, when I walked by a guy I had known for several years in an attempt to buy another beer to continue my investigation with the mysterious beer river on the table, he shouted my name:

"Marius! What's up?" I turned over towards him, just staring at him like if he was some kind of ET or something, before I starting speeking euphorically about trees growing through mountains and how the Sun was shining through the back of his scull making it all shiny...

"Marius? Don't you recognize me?" he replied...
"Marius? What kind of stupid name is that?" I was now standing in the middle of the bar with one hand inside my jacket.
"You, man! It's me, John! Long time, man!",
"What? Marius? Me? No way! I'm Napoleon!".

The next thing I remember is back in the flat of this other guy I was tripping with, he was running around in the livingroom trying to make some guy reattach his head to his body or simply stop walking around without his head.

"Stop doing that head thing, man! It's creepy! You should always keep your head together with the rest of your body... It freaks me out!" I don't think the guy he was talking with and about was even present...

Well, the bottomline is guys: Don't do acid, it can seriously freak you out, leaving you in the gutter together with the idea that you're Napoleon forever, fighting for your integrity with all the other Napolea and the nurses being the only ones who recognize you...

Reality is far more than perception. It's about understanding or misunderstanding what is really going on in reality. If you don't know what a plane is, you would perceive it as something else. Or if you hear the sound of a lion, and don't know what the heck a lion is, you would perhaps believe it was a dragon or something. It's all about linking what you see with what you know and believe. Life is all about knowledge and faith. The more we know, the less is left in mystery. We don't create reality, but we all have different understandings of it or perceptions. To some faith can move mountains, others know or don't believe it's possible. Limited by our knowledge and faith we explain reality within ourselves and through our knowledge and faith we limit reality within our minds.

Ex. Since I know little about birds, I wouldn't know that the birds that fly across the sky in a perticular picture were some kind of rare birds every ornitologist would know had been extinct for the past 200 years. I would just have seen birds. To some this would be the greates revelation in the world, to me just an image of birds...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
but, to the mind that created it, it would seem (to him at least), that the world he perceives IS of his own creation, and thus...for all intents and purposes, he is (to himself at least) God....

Back when I was a child, about six or seven, I was quite philosofic at times. I remember speculating about what would happen if a bomb went off in Wall Street (!) and how it would inflict the rest of the world etc. But one of the most curious bits of philosofic thinking I remember investigating was "What if I was the only one in the world? What if everything out there is just a product of my imagination?" I never told my parents. If I had told this to them rather than my friends, God knows where they would've sent me...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
to never do acid*

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You lost me after the "emptied the second glass of beer".
How could you? How could you simply pour beer out like that? What, have you no soul?

I'm traumatized.

My only hope is that it was a cheap beer.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A person in a mental asylum can still be killed with a knife he can still perceive the world around him. He does not perceive his realty differently. Perception in the quantum physics meaning not the psychological. A mad man can still be effected by our realty Im talking about be not be effected by anything you wish. So that your realty is controlled totally by your mind.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You lost me after the "emptied the second glass of beer".
How could you? How could you simply pour beer out like that? What, have you no soul?

I'm traumatized.

My only hope is that it was a cheap beer.

This is what is the most frightening part: The beers I emptied cost 6 dollars a piece. So we're looking about a serious case of alcohol abuse here too.

The bottom line is don't do acid, it may lead to alcohol abuse.

Marius

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You have many bad-trips !

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
You have many bad-trips !

..and I haven't even told you about the incident with the moose yet...

Mikro

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Was that holiday in Las Vegas part just a reference to Fear an loathing in Las vegas.

Dr Gonzo lives.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii
Was that holiday in Las Vegas part just a reference to Fear an loathing in Las vegas.

Dr Gonzo lives.

No, I've actually not thought of that... Perhaps rather the book was inspired through the timeless void of the spirit of man -- by us... Where is that Gonzo when you need him anyway?

Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join