Florida police violently arrest DUI suspect, breaking her orbital.

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Chilling video shows mother of two screaming in horror as police officers 'break her cheekbone during violent DUI arrest'.

A video has surfaced showing Florida police officers slamming a 44-year-old woman onto the hood of a police car and then onto the ground with such force that she suffered a broken orbital bone in her face, a bloody nose and multiple other injuries.
Hard to see what she did, maybe wiggled her hand when the cop had her bent over as he was trying to cuff her? Then he grabs her, when she places her hand on his forearm, which seemed like it was instinctual.

At which point he says "dont f***ing touch me" and slams her to the ground...

edit on 3-10-2013 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

West was charged with DUI and several counts of battery on a law-enforcement officer for the incident on Aug. 10.

ffs.. REALLY??

REALLY?

queue the supporters to claim it might be justified somehow...

A probable cause statement written by arresting Officer Chris Ormerod said West was 'placed on the ground' after she resisted being put in handcuffs.

proud guys they must be, one in training.. one the thug to instruct. so proud. justice is raped...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This actually got a lot of activity from both sides here, interesting debate:

Cops Smash Woman's Head on Concrete. Amazingly, She Stays Conscious

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Now, I work in law enforcement. Excessive force is absolutely wrong. In these situations you have to make split second decisions, and sometimes the end result isn't exactly what you envisioned or hoped for. She did slip out of her cuffs and she did resist, however such force should not be necessary when dealing with a woman of her size. On the flip side, though, how do we know that in her intoxicated state she didn't reach for one of the officers' weapons. I don't care who you are or how small you may be, if you reach for my weapon I will use whatever force necessary to bring you down and make sure you can't reach for it again. I don't know if she did reach for it, but it is a question worth posing

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ajr1817

Always an excuse !

Sorry there is no excuse for two grown and militarily trained men to act this way .

There will be a reckoning some day when the public cant take anymore .

God help you excuse making cowards .

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hard to watch ... couldn't finish even. WHY did they take her out of the car on-scene once they had her cuffed and under control in the back seat of the cruiser. They had positive control and then they let it get out of control and escalate. The words, "Now it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony." They might just have well started dancing around and shouting out victory cries.

Yeah ... they got her good.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

I was simply asking a question. I also did write that use of excessive force is wrong. If she was in fact reaching for one of their weapons, not only do you hold the right to subdue them, but the right to shoot them. How do you know they have military training? You do realize that in the military you are trained to kill, not subdue. The video doesn't clearly show what exactly was happening. The squad was blocking some of what was happening. Like I said before, excessive use of force is wrong. I do not condone it nor am I "making excuses" for them, but every incident needs to be investigated properly and looked at objectively.
edit on 3-10-2013 by ajr1817 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I saw no indication in that video where this woman deserved a broken bone. Come on. This is simply outright brutish behavior, someone with power wielding it far too heavily for an infraction. Had she gone Bruce Lee on them, yes, she might have deserved a little excessive handing to get her under control. Obviously, she didn't, and what little resistance she did give does NOT call for enough force to mess up someone's facial bones like this.

If these guys want to act like this without need, they can go work in some foreign ramshackle zoo where they can get away with it. /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

ajr1817
I do not condone it nor am I "making excuses" for them, but every incident needs to be investigated properly and looked at objectively.

But that's the problem isn't it? These type of incidents are to often covered up by the "Blue Code" and internal affairs does a halfassed job and basically sides with the LEOs.

There needs to be more citizen involvement in the investigations of law enforcement brutality on the very people that pay their salaries thru their tax dollars.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I agree. I work in a very large suburb of a major city. Here, when I comes to issues like this, the elected town trustees make the call on who will be fired, suspended, etc. The trustees have no problem getting rid of the officer if it garners positive headlines with the public. While this can be effective, it not always is. I believe in instances like this, an independent, third party investigator should handle the case.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Old News!

There is a thread already with several pages of discussion.

edit on 3-10-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If she were grabbing for one of the officer's weapons, I'm sure we would have heard it from one of them. They were quite verbal during the entire incident, with one saying something like, "she kept grabbing for my balls".

The rookie (?) cop added, "maybe I should just write that she refused" (paraphrased). What is ironic is that the officer trainer kept saying that she probably won't agree to a breathalyzer and for the rookie to then go to the second page and read verbatim and check the 'no', or 'refused' box. He reiterated this to the rookie a few times, that she will most likely refuse. Then, they ask her if she will consent to a test to see what her alcohol level is and she said she would. They obviously expected her to refuse and weren't ready for her to be cooperative. This is further solidified by the rookie's final statement of writing that she did, in fact, refuse.

These cops had their mind made up and (whether or not it was intentional) orchestrated the expected outcome: uncooperative and refused breathalyzer.

edit on 3-10-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

seabag

Old News!

There is a thread already with several pages of discussion.

edit on 3-10-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Fine! Then, I'm moving my post (above) to the other one!
edit on 3-10-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ajr1817

First of all, thank you for the job you do.

This is a sad situation, could it have been prevented, maybe, but as was said
we were not there, we don't know exactly what was being said and or the actions
the lady was making.

I also don't think it's fair to put all LEO's in the same category, some bad cops, yeah,
but not all.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join