It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Story from [-] - Websites that failed during the Government Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I searched this, but didn't find it on ATS. This is a good story abut websites that failed at the same time as the government shutdown.

[snip]

Same Story

Time Mag Story on 7 Websites

Why would non-government websites go down at the same time? Are there related servers that are interdependent?

edit on 3-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/13 by masqua because: FYI

edit on 3/10/13 by masqua because: edited title

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
DAMN IT ALL!!! Not the Panda Cam!!!

I would have actually thought that it would've been more than that. I have a feeling we are going to find out before all is said and done how many more might go down.
edit on 10/3/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hmmm, didnt ATS shut down a few hours.....hmmm, ripe for a conspiracy!

edit on 3-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You might want to read up on this regarding your first link...

All Members...

Got time to edit??

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Never mind...they did it for you....

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It's sourced from Time also check the links....

techland.time.com...

Oh there you have it. Didn't notice the edit by mod.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

No it's cool. I read all articles. Just warning the OP for the possible consequences of posting BIN links...

On Topic: I never got the full explaination of why ATS went down but I could understand the increase in traffic (because of people wanting to know about the goverment shutdown) might have crippled the site....

No idea really.

Peace

edit on 3-10-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes the first link in the OP states this. GLP, and this website went down all at the same time. I could care less if this website is just a government witch hunt for those whom are crazy people about to snap. I've been a member for a number of years and no black suits have shown up at my door. In fact, interestingly enough, some ideas that were floated on this website have actually made their way into government policy. So if this is what the government needs to do to see what free thinkers are thinking and talking about so be it. Maybe they can catch an extreme wacko before they go off and do something stupid.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The government sites are offline on purpose, there isn't a room full of elves keeping the place running or anything...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There is a thread on Board business or somewhere about the blackout, but SO just mentions an attack lasting around four hours. While flags were up, I was unable to flag the thread myself, maybe that's why some didn't see it after a while.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There also seems to have been another that got 404'd.
edit on 3-10-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

ExPostFacto

...if this is what the government needs to do to see what free thinkers are thinking and talking about so be it. Maybe they can catch an extreme wacko before they go off and do something stupid.

Extreme?
I'm not extreme... Am I?

On a lighter note - stands to reason that we have a few among us, here.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I caught that thread in it's earlier beginning and it is a whole other thing that I witnessed there .thisiswhoweare is somewhere and I am not sure if he didn't get visited by guys wearing black suits .Strange sort of happenings all around on the shutdown/resetting of things that is for sure ....peace

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by smurfy

I caught that thread in it's earlier beginning and it is a whole other thing that I witnessed there .thisiswhoweare is somewhere and I am not sure if he didn't get visited by guys wearing black suits .Strange sort of happenings all around on the shutdown/resetting of things that is for sure ....peace

I don't know who made that first thread, I picked it up from the search engine. thisiswhoweare appears to be banned, or at least you cannot star any posts although I don't actually see banned in the profile. Whatever, that first thread had to be on the 30th I'm near sure, going by the search engine.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If you can get to his profile page ....take note of what it says under his user name ....peace

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

smurfy
There is a thread on Board business or somewhere about the blackout, but SO just mentions an attack lasting around four hours. While flags were up, I was unable to flag the thread myself, maybe that's why some didn't see it after a while.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Explained at the link.

Closed.

top topics

join