It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help On -Preservatives and Food Acids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hey I have been hearing and finding more information to do with what some of the food acids and preservatives we eat are also used for and are extracts from.

On all pre-packaged food it should come with and 'Ingredients' written on it and some to of which, will say numbers in brackets, Example. Food Acids (300,332). What I want to know is there and app or book, I can get that I can just type these numbers (codes) in to get me a better understanding on whats what and why etc.

Thanks all help appreciated
kanga

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I got something from the local food Coop a long time ago on food additives. It classified them in three groups. I have been studying why some additives that are worse for us are extensively used while the ones that are harmless are rarely used. Some of the reasons are from back in the sixties and seventies, seems that some that most call bad are actually beneficial in the longrun. Some of the good chemicals were replaced because the public was worried about them but they were replaced with worse chemistry. You cannot use government evidence to check out the safety of these additives, they have their own agenda and control the testing parameters.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

okay so there is no way i can be more careful with knowing what these mean?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

Yes, we can.....sounds like something that Obama abused. Try going to a local coop and talk to the people there and ask for handouts.

To give one example of something I am seeing. It was found out in the sixties that benzoates killed TB. People were thinking Balsam of Peru, which contains benzoates, was a Panacea. People started getting sick from consuming too much balsam of Peru so the government regulated it but allowed benzoates in food to help fight TB. The trouble is that people still get overloaded on benzoates, especially if you eat a bunch of orange juice and drink cream soda or root beer that can have lots in it. Benzoates are natural and good for you in appropriate amounts. Too much and the effects can cause a lot of seemingly unassociated problems.

So fear nothing but remember that too much of these things from various sources are no good. If I had to pick a couple of worst things I have researched they would be carrageenan and Propylene glycol. Both are overused and a little will not hurt most people but some people have allergies to these which make them dangerous. Eating Both of these every day can do a lot of damage even in small amounts by causing immune system problems of various sorts.

For people with latex allergies, possibly giving up raw bananas will alleviate their problems. The latex allergy seems to be a cumulative allergy also. Latex is also related to milk and propylene glycol consumption for some people. Wear cotton if you have this allergy and try to find underwear that is latex free. Like I said this seems to be a cumulative allergy so limiting intake of foods that are related on an every day basis can help.

I could go on and on with these, I researched the good and bad about a lot of things. Certain chemicals like Acetyl Acetate may actually be good for some people. It is possibly used by the body to make plasma as far as I can see, but too much is also not good. Don't eat a whole big bag of dill chips, too much is too much.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thank mate, defiantly going to do a little more research of my own now. Appreciate that you gave me some info you discovered yourself. I was hoping there would be a handy app or even book I could carry just to double check what these food acids are for etc. but I guess not. So back to the old fashion way, making a report for myself!

Tah!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Seems like most people aren't interested in finding how to avoid illnesses nowadays. Not many people respond to threads like this.

Not only studying and moderating consumption of additives in food is necessary, but studying the multiple chemicals in natural and processed foods is important. I've got many years now at doing that. I find most people who are eating healthy aren't doing as good of a job as they think they are. Along with that, people don't understand that we have about three metabolic change times in our life which requires changes in diet. There is more to food than vitamins and minerals. There is more to food than oils and proteins. The health industry is missing the boat.

I S%F the thread, I thought I already did because I usually always star health topics if I see them. Sorry for missing that right away.
edit on 3-10-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

thanks mate will begin my own research into the whole topic and come back with questions if you don't mind? Also do you have any personal reference links i can use to begin my research?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

Just start searching and if you find something interesting, ask me. I can give information on lots of things and have learned the wording to find links related to a desired subject easily. I like to study companion chemistry and chemistry in foods that act as antidotes to the chemistry that needs to be neutralized.

top topics

join