It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political parties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm fairly new to politics, so I wander if anyone could differenciate the ideal of each party?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Being chartered for those who cannot take the game playing and inherent corruption of "the numbers" in political machinery with the level of seriousness that success as a political puppet requires, the Serious McGillicuddy Party has a long international tradition of pointing out the raw stupidity of the electoral process, and offering up candidates with policy platforms from the inanely bizarre to the vapid.

No different to the major American parties, but more honest and not so self-serving. The party includes candidates who get about as trolls, gnomes, Santas and kilted Scotsmen.

It may be for you, or it may not.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, I will only speak for the Libertarians.

We are free market enthusiasts, knowing that the larger an institution made by man, the larger the corruption and waste. Smaller government, meaning more power to State and Local governments, mean smaller corruption, easier transparency in spending, better political access, and more accurate spending.

This would save much of our tax system from having to even be used, because we all know that the more layers money has to go through to get back to the American people, the less money there will be when it gets there.

We believe in personal rights, being that people should be able to make reasonable choices for themselves. This includes owning and operating firearms, choosing to use or not use non-overtly dangerous substances, and to have the freedom to use your money how you see fit (this INCLUDES charity).

This is a start.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think political parties should be abolished. Just let the best candidate win; if you can get a bunch of genuinely good people in your legislature, they'll sort things out OK. Instead we get people who will simply toe the party line, right or wrong. And don't let any partisans tell you their party is the only one with the right answers - that's just not human nature.

new topics

top topics

join