It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long You Believe Mankind Will Last?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I mean, the way evolution is going together with so many threats we face everyday ( war, super volcanoes, mega earthquakes, mass destruction meteors, pandemic deseases, etc.) I just cant see mankind still on Earth in year 5000 for example, can you ?

edit on 3-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
we'll last longer than you post..... we just keep going and going and going and going

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

no we'll be dead by then. The robots will have taken over. Probably within 100 years skynet will become aware and wipe out most of humanity. Within another 100 years that will be it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Nah, we'll last longer than that. Well, some form of us will.

Our civilized history goes back 12,000 years. I think we could probably make the year 5000.....I just don't know whether it'll be on Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well, if we do manage to survive another 100000 years we may look like this ....

100000 years !!!! ....No way, LOL

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If we get religion out of the way we will last ages (unless a meteor hits) but seeing that some religions have end of times #e in and enough people salivating over the prospect of it coming to pass and helping it come to pass....not very long.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I think our current status on earth will be challenged soon, perhaps even within our lifetimes. Between the fossil fuel era ending, the sea levels rising, clean drinking water becoming more scarce and bacteria becoming immune to antibiotics, there is plenty of reason to believe that mankind is in danger of taking some serious blows in the decades and centuries to come. But I doubt any of these things will mean the extinction of mankind. However, there are also the potential of mankind being destroy by a natural event if said event was destructive enough. It will be hard to guess when - it might happen today or in a million years. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

For one that travels with a stick i find no grace in the step.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by AQ6666

What is that? I like it, wherever it comes from!

To the video, no we won't just grow big eyes. Unless we start to live in darkness we hav no reason to evolve larger eye balls. We, if anything, will get smaller eyes. more focused on directly in front. No need for peripheral vision, no need to scan the horizon for danger, no need to see details to catch prey.

Just large enough to focus on a 7" screen, or perhaps with embedded sensors near our optic nerve to apply the google bands..

our brains will decrease in size. we do not use them in any innovative ways as a species any more. we can rely on what we've got to allow us not to bump into elevator doors before they open. No need to climb a tree, make a tool, ensnare a beast.. point'n'click lobes is all we need.

Our fingers will grow more nimble. we will be double jointed, with ambidextrous abilities allowing us to use both communication ports at once. our legs will become short and stumped. no longer for running, but scrunching the desk chair across the floor.

our ears will become less and less capable of cathing sounds as they echo around us. we will rely on the gadgets to tell us which direction a sound comes from. it will be accurate and simple. the plugs we stick into our ears will only be removed when they fail.

but one thing is for sure.. we'll still have absolutely fabulous hair styles. peacocks the lot of them..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Earth cannot support mankind for much longer. For humanity to survive, we'll have to find another planet to rape. This one is past the point of being able to sustain us. The soil is devoid of minerals needed. The air is poison. The planet is severely overpopulated and growing dumber every day (watch a Maury show and tell me it isn't!!) . Nearly everyone gets diseased ... cancer or autoimmune or whatever. I don't see how humanity can last more than a few hundred more years at most.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

but one thing is for sure.. we'll still have absolutely fabulous hair styles. peacocks the lot of them..
...LOL

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

winofiend

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by AQ6666

What is that? I like it, wherever it comes from!

To the video, no we won't just grow big eyes. Unless we start to live in darkness we hav no reason to evolve larger eye balls. We, if anything, will get smaller eyes. more focused on directly in front. No need for peripheral vision, no need to scan the horizon for danger, no need to see details to catch prey.

Just large enough to focus on a 7" screen, or perhaps with embedded sensors near our optic nerve to apply the google bands..

our brains will decrease in size. we do not use them in any innovative ways as a species any more. we can rely on what we've got to allow us not to bump into elevator doors before they open. No need to climb a tree, make a tool, ensnare a beast.. point'n'click lobes is all we need.

Our fingers will grow more nimble. we will be double jointed, with ambidextrous abilities allowing us to use both communication ports at once. our legs will become short and stumped. no longer for running, but scrunching the desk chair across the floor.

our ears will become less and less capable of cathing sounds as they echo around us. we will rely on the gadgets to tell us which direction a sound comes from. it will be accurate and simple. the plugs we stick into our ears will only be removed when they fail.

logical with a sprinkle of hilarity!! love it!

IMO, humanity will be around a long long time...but the population of earth will take a serious hit sooner rather than later.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I look at it this way. If we do survive another five thousand years, it will not be because we carried on as normal, business as usual, governments and senates and congress, or houses of parliament and local councils and blah blah blah....

If we survive another five thousand years, it will be because at some point we realised that we were wasting our potential as an entire species, by constant bickering, war, allowing poverty to claim lives, by working for the individual gain of our own persons, families, and nations, rather than doing things solely because mankind as a whole will benefit from them. An example would be fitting every dwelling with solar panels, and/or other clean energy production methods, disconnecting the unwieldy and increasingly redundant power grids, and making every building capable of producing its own power. There are technologies that exist today which could make these things a reality, and yet because of self interest and a desire to accrue vast sums of money, the creators of these technologies (or more often, their bosses) insist on charging through the eyeballs for these things.

Under a totally revamped system of thinking, especially in terms of things like self interest, these technologies would be distributed simply because it would be better if everyone had them. Can you imagine what it would be like if a person did not have to pay vast amounts of money per year, just to heat, light and power their homes? It would lead to a totally new age of mankind! Freedom of energy would be a staggering change to lay at the feet of mankind! It would open up the way for everything else to come down in price, because the cost of living would be so much cheaper, as would the production and logistical cost of every product. Having been liberated in this manner, it is entirely possible that the human race might stop attaching arbitrary value to these products, or indeed the lives of people whose job it is to produce them. We might, if such a thing came about, actually be able to make a currency free society work on a global scale, where everyone has everything they need, without having to kill themselves to make it happen, as is the case in many countries and states.

People would be able to afford to live healthier lives, in a cleaner environment, and would also have the freedom and time to think deeply about things, something that is missing in the average, every day life today. We occupy ourselves with irrelevances, and are occupied with others by our governments, and by companies which provide vital services. But if the basics of life were provided by technological mastery, people would have time to spend on learning things they WANT to know, rather than being constantly obsessed with learning things that will make them rich enough to live free of torment. Motivation would change, from a need to amass fortune, to a need to push the boundaries of what is possible, by innovative application of technology, by huge exertion of willpower, by all the means available to man.

I believe that at this point, mankind would seek to shake off the chains placed about its shoulders by its position in the universe, and learn how to move itself around the cosmos in a more efficient manner than it currently does.

If the human race fails to do these things, it does not DESERVE to survive.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

AQ6666
Well, if we do manage to survive another 100000 years we may look like this ....

100000 years !!!! ....No way, LOL

So my future ancestors are going to look like Japanese anime
Larger eyes would generally denote evolution has taken place to allow us to see better. From this i deduce the human race will end before a 100000 years has passed due to Predator coming back and our eyes not developing fast enough to see them hunting us in stealth mode.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Well to speak from a hypothetical ancient excorporeal alien human point of view.

If they leave the earth and enter an extraplanetary existence then a better question would be how long will they remain human as that state will necessitate and spur both natural and artifical adaptation.

In there current state unless they evolve socially into a more cooperative and none monetary based society were technology is adapted and developed for the sake of supporting and maintaining life (which if they do can allow a sustainable population of aboue 20 to 35 billion with variable's though requiring vast construction and the adaptation of such structures as 10 mile high pyramid's with layers further apart the lower they are placed upon which crop's can be cultivated or less desirable the use of intensive hydroponics) then as a primitive war like hominid specied they will be yet another failure, still we have about 2 billion years without orbital adjustment to attempt to cultivate a new species if this one fail's as the previous have, each iteration having of course to be cleaned away so as to prevent contamination of the new attempt and the problematic corruption of the attempt.

Estimate is if left unattended there civisation will achieve collapse in about 60 to 200 years if current level's of social heirarchical technological imbalance and barter system are maintained but the outcome may be a species that will last in various level's another 150.000 to 250.000 years before random racial fluctuation as a result of the surviving groups lead's to a racial species schism and produces an undesirable outcome, this will also hold true in the species is allowed to or guided to regulate it's numbers though stagnation will prove more lethal than the adaptation.

It has been estimated that if given sufficient guidence and the non invited are deterred from further interference then we may manage and cultivate them at a less than optimal level and not ideal form for another 4000.000 year's estimated though idealy we can use them as a seed to deploy to other untainted body's though this is most likely to be achieved through the deployment of bio synthesis system's on deep space colony probes that can replicate the genetics of the species with improvement's and desirable adaptation as well as the necessary ecosystemic structure's and implement them at there new location's.

Projection's vary greatly but currently they are a higher danger to themselves than any outside influance and there lack of functional social integration and interaction is detrimental to there continued techno social evolution/adaptation but does provide dynamism from which several promising root structure's can be cultivated if monitored correctly.

Of course I think it will be a miracle if they make it past the next thousand year's as they are bordering on causing a mass extinction that will probably take them along with it but then they are an adaptive species and may well learn a method to survive and indeed are implementing a number of such failsafe structures such as seed bank's and Genetic embryological storage bank's as well as large subterranean live gene pool storage city's and survival bunkers.

A collapse in the ecosystem may lead to a 10.000 year dead time above or outside these structures and it is debatable as to weathere they have adapted there technology sufficiantly to maintain integrity and hermetic systems long enough to be able to re-emerge at a suitable time to re condition the planet and the re conditionic will rely on the planetary atmosphere being able to sustain the reintroduced plant and animal as well as microbial stock.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You are spot on, however, I don`t see this happen, unless we are forced to change.

We can`t control a lot of things because we are too fragile and the things we can control we just don`t do because we don´t understand each other. It`s hopeless I think.

manking need to be shaken some how

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Great post, thanks....loved to read it

new topics

top topics

join