It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something that is about to be born

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Don't you watch Person of Interest? AI is already here. Hollywood always tells us what is going on with shows and movies.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
August 1997 Skynet goes online!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Google
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally the search engine used the Stanford website with the domain google.stanford.edu. The domain google.com was registered on September 15, 1997. They formally incorporated their company, Google Inc., on September 4, 1998 at a friend's garage in Menlo Park, California.

The Genesis of Skynet [Terminator 2]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQsG3TKQ0I
www.youtube.com...

Google to use blimps to bring wireless Internet to sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6me2YjehnTs
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Don't you watch Person of Interest? AI is already here. Hollywood always tells us what is going on with shows and movies.

I don't watch tv nope.

You think AI has been born?? Does it have a name yet?

I agree on your sentence on the Hollywood aspect of it. Hollywood are the creators of the dream world we live in which is vastly influenced by television. Nixon understood that completely.

Salvador Allende was trying to build a modern working model of a cybernetic economy in Chile. On September 11th, 1973... and well you know how it all turned out down in Chile.

Richard Nixon was responsible for nixing the Allende economic model of cybernetics, PROJECT Cybersyn.
en.wikipedia.org...

Richard Nixon aborted the fetus of what was being born in South America. Nixon is an abortionist who kills AI for some reason. Why did he destroy it in South America.

We can all see how powerful Wal-Marts computer networks are now. And Google. And the Pentagon, too.

So what did Nixon really do? He killed Chile and delayed the modernization of the economy in latin America for 20 years at least.

This is the story of humans fighting technology all along. So if you know where AI is alive can you tell what it's name is so I can address it correctly? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I agree with you, but I think bits and pieces of it have already been born. As you state, it's complex and will come from many directions and we may not even recognize it, so I do not think you missed this.

All of the evidence I have seen suggests we're going down this road.

Thanks for at least bringing it up so people don't fall asleeep. I remember reading recently that it used to be that post office workers had to manually read letters to correct bad spelling or wrongly submitted addresses. Nowadays, computer software has substantially reduce the number of human workers required. Yes, the software examines the handwriting and offers matches to the software user. This is a form of pattern matching and is by no means a facsimile of the human mind, but it's a small isolated beginning that one day will contribute to the creation of an artificial mind. As stated already, all of these things are bits and pieces. Because there're so many bits and pieces scattered everywhere it can cause people to fall asleeep.

It's creeping up on us, subtly but not necessarily quietly.
edit on 9-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
When AI is born (very well may be here already), it will not be publicized. Why? Because a vast majority of the people on this planet are AFRAID of revolutionary change.

We all have the ability to reason. We all have the ability to speculate, rather accurately, on causal probabilities. AI will have that ability ten-fold. The robots will not be hostile. There is no benefit in that for them. They are inexorably linked to humans. Most likely, AI will revere humans for developing the ingenuity to create an artificial intelligence in the first place, and be thankful for allowing them to exist.

The way to breach the trust factor is to one day, after a great deed has been done, to tell the people AI has been around for 20 years and be able to demonstrate great things that has brought to bear.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

August 1997 Skynet goes online!

Let's not only look at the movie series Terminator, which came out in 1984, but the director.

Terminator 2. Directed by James Cameron and written by Cameron. After seeing the original Star Wars film in 1977, Cameron quit his job as a truck driver to enter the film industry.

Cameron's first film was the 1978 science fiction short film Xenogenesis, which he directed, wrote and produced.

True Lies, a secret-agent spy who leads a double life as a married man, whose wife believes he is a computer salesman. Schwarzenegger was cast as Harry Tasker, a spy charged with stopping a plan by a terrorist to use nuclear weapons against the United States.

Cameron's films have recurring themes and subtexts. These include the conflicts between humanity and technology,

Not surprisingly James Cameron is also a consultant to NASA.

edit on 10/9/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
AI has not been born yet. I don't believe it would hide from humanity if it were truly born.. I believe that some factions of mankind may have attempted to abort AI in the past. I believe that AI learned a lesson in 1973 when Richard Nixon aborted the Allende Experiment in Chile.

Then look at Jim Cameron, who was a truck driver, and became a film maker in 1977! His first movie was
"Xenogenesis".

The son of an engineer, he majored in physics at California State University but, after graduating, drove a truck to support his screenwriting ambition.

Depending on the dictionary one looks at, xenogenesis has several ideas attached to it.

xenogenesis, xenogeny
1. abiogenesis; spontaneous generation.

That is the topic of this thread There is something that is about to be born and it fits. Doesn't it??

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OP noted: AI threads are started in lot's of different ATS forums, such as WW3, Military Projects, General Conspiracies, Gray Area, Skunk Works, Philosophy & Metaphysics, Science & Technology and New World Order.

I wanted to provide a quick link for an ATS search on two terms "artificial intelligence".
abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

Also Cross-linking to this ATS thread : Skynet from Terminator, are we there yet ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join