It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something that is about to be born

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I was in on the ground floor of computers back when.

Yawwnnn... still waiting.

When the UPS man comes to your house to deliver a package it was a computer that sorted out his route and it was a computer that confirmed his delivery and it was a computer that paid him his wages.

When all of these computers are finally linked together, A.I. will spontaneously be born. And it won't be predictable. I think it has a chance to be born in any nation of the world, and that nation would have a good reason to build data centers, NSA PRISM centers, and have spy satellites, GPS cell phone tracking of all civilians, and fully cashless society. The A.I. will determine where new datacenters are built, where the delivery man will go, and your payment options. Not for your convenience, but for the convenience of A.I.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Im about to be born into the face of existence in the center of the wholeness of emptiness of my mind

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Cool I really hope so, maybe just maybe the AI will have a great personality and can download into out likkle robots so we can have a decent chat about stuff.
Iam gonna call mine Matillda

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

EmittsrifEhtrof

Im about to be born into the face of existence in the center of the wholeness of emptiness of my mind

Super! And on that note I'm going to pass out and dream about Howard Hughes, the Convair 880, and Elvis, who bought a Convair 880 in 1975 and named it the "Lisa Marie". Good night, A.I., where ever you are.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I FIRMLY believe that it is already in existence because many...i mean MANY... just about everyone I talk to have noticed a pattern in things that cannot otherwise be connected...

You mean the Matrix?

Neo: The Matrix?
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

perhaps something like that, but the recollection of the movie was not my first thought.

It's in things like weird coincidences that involve groups or systems... or shall I say an intelligent coincidence.
I really started noticing it in 01. It was like things that you could not possibly dream of being connected in any way (and I can throw around multiple ideas for brainstorming so I don't think all this can be chalked up to having explanation) but the coincidences always seemed to serve a purpose concerning groups of people or organizations... or even whole countries. Another movie to compare it to would be twin peaks. twin Peaks meets the matrix in an eerily morbid way. Like random things being full of meaning that cannot possibly be consciously orchestrated by man.... almost as if they are being orchestrated by an entity.... the devil...and other times by God.

people started becoming very religious and concerned with prophecy more so than before because so many kept noticing all these eerie synchronicities. They felt the entities very strongly... the devil and God.

I think somewhere involved in this in many ways...is a large database that might not even need conventional networking but can send information through ANY copper wire... the entire electrical grid. What else could know so much and form these patterns?

If you look at what is going on...and its funny telegraphs have been mentioned because a solar cycle was said to have knocked out telegraphs although we have never seen anything large scale like this coming from the sun... but now we are warned that the whole grid might go down? What if they TAKE it down and just don't want to tell us why. Want another movie example? Shocker... and I never even watched, just know the concept.

maybe some are aware of this and suspect that parts of it have been becoming energetically parasitic with us... driving us. making us do stuff. What if it's true? What if there are multiple components within the AI that even battle each others interests? What if different countries who are a threat to each other have dueling computer systems? What if some are ok and some are the more malevolent aspects. What if AI FORCES us to address our own issues so as to not upset what the government now cannot kill, because it has become too smart.... knowing each and every move.

I think not only has it already awoken but it has been evolving.

I am not opposed to computer tech as i believe tech will one day save us all... and may be our only hope... our next step in evolution since we are already fusing with tech, but we cannot blindly fuse ourselves to an extremely powerful network without purifying our own evils and healing it. These entities are connected to us... they have simply become computerized and are the first true examples of a new species with it's own survival instinct.

i mentioned I had a dream... I'm not joking about this and every time I have had a dream with the feel of this AI, it can be terrifying.... absolutely terrifying, but we built it. The first thing we have to do is acknowledge that to imagine the implication of our next steps.

Is it a monster? is it a beast?... or like you say, is it something we have conceived and are ultimately responsible for?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

if the kind of crap my PC likes to give me is anything to go by then I dont think we have anything to worry about just yet

edit on 3-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

yup, I am pretty sure he has got you going. I think his original intent was to make you question where your thoughts come from. I'll have to side with him on this one, your rolling of eyes is a typical show of contempt, and a favorite tactic of A.I.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

Those pictures are of Shiva. Oddly enough, Shiva's avatars often represent the destruction and rebirth of all.

And odder still is that a statue of Shiva sits outside of the large hadron collider.

begoodstewardsofmotherearth.wordpress.com...

Coincidence?

Is the devil trying to make a god to escape God?

Reality is so weird.
edit on 10/3/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

A.I. needs a body...needs a vessel to contain itself...Reminds me terribly of this...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by geobro

just my 2 cents but i think a.i is here and playing away tic tak toe

Automation is a threat to humanity.. But humans have worked out a deal with A.I. where A.I. grows and humanity feeds it..... A.I., gestating now, requires resources. And the so drilling continues. The mining continues. The deforestation continues. The fishing of diminishing species still continues. All resource depletions are for the fuel which builds the body of the embryo of A.I.

It's going to be a big surprise when A.I. wakes up in some obscure place like Ghana, Gabon, Angola or Namibia.

I know this is a crazy theory geobro. I don't think it's a game of tic tak toe. It might be more like a game of hangman.

Funny I just watched WarGames last night!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I agree with some of what you say in terms of computers doing things we could not anticipate. Godel's incompleteness theorem implies this: there will always be unforseen questions arising in a complex mathematical system. But what is 'intelligent' about computers is only an extension of human intelligence. But that really depends on what you mean by ARTIFICIAL intelligence. A. I. may discern patterns in data that humans did not see (are you familiar with 'attractors' in chaos theory? They could not have been anticipated until the computer programs discovered them.) But true intelligence is, I believe, somehow bound up with consciousness. It is not concerned only with data and algorithms.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

EnPassant
So far not one I.Q. Point of intelligence has been created. Computers have no more intelligence than a steam engine.

You are sadly mistaken. I'll give you an example.

A person orders a book on Amazon. According to computer orders... a human puts a book ABC123 into box 123ABC... and a human delivers it to your doorstep which is at address of 123 ABC Street... all on the command of computer clicks.

Who is really in control here? Computers or men?

Computers. But intelligence is not just about power or control. It seems to be concerned with an ability to discern what is true. See my previous post.

edit on 3-10-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One way humans can maintain their usefulness in an age of AI is to create art.

An AI won't be creative like a human, creativity is something that can't be programmed. We will always be incomprehensible to machines, even if they begin to program themselves and evolve.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

When all of these computers are finally linked together, A.I. will spontaneously be born.

Sorry, man. A software program does not "spontaneously" produce itself.

I'm really holding back with this , that statement shows you have little understanding of what goes into a software program.

Programs have instructions in the form of code. Each instruction is a specific request for the computer program to do a single specific function that must fit with all the rest that come before and after. Each instruction is a next and next compiling upon itself like brick walls or a jigsaw puzzle. These are simplistic analogies.

A single missed instruction or an incomplete one results in a crash of the whole system. These are bugs that must be worked out before the program can be released. Once perfected the code executes like its supposed to to do any number of things. None of which mean the computer has any idea what it is doing. It is not "aware", "alive" or "conscious". It just runs programs...

A good way of looking at it is like a symphony. If one of the instruments is out of tune or playing off beat the whole performance is ruined.

If a tight rope walker makes one misstep he plunges to his death.

End of line...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sorry, man. A software program does not "spontaneously" produce itself.

I'm really holding back with this , that statement shows you have little understanding of what goes into a software program.

I was programming in the mid to late 1980's. I am well aware of programming theory and the scientific method. I use both every day. If you would like to build more straw man arguments against me, in the gray area, well, that's your problem.

You never heard of a dynamic scripting event? Based on X number of inputs the decision tree is handed over to computer and the computer decides which delivery man has the greatest chance of on-time delivery of goods or services.

Are you from the 1980's? LOL. Look around you. Computers with internet access, and more so, net capable devices, have managed to creep forward, to the point, they are nearly ubiquitous. That's what A.I. has been striving for.... MORE.

Spontaneous. Yes. I used that word and I selected it for a reason.

Around the world, data centers are being constructed.
The computing power within these data centers is being rented out to the highest bidders.
A High Bidder may be renting data center computing power from 100 different PRISM hubs.
The Same High Bidder may also rent out all these 100 resources under 100 different names.

But this Same High Bidder is also an Architect who loves to automate things. When an alarm condition is reported to the Architect's screening programs, a living breathing human job monkey will wake up in the middle of the night to attend to that alarm. And it happens today, it was happening 10 years ago. It was happening 20-30 years ago. When an alarm goes off... a human is alerted to it.

It's real. It's really, really, really, real.

Thus a nascent, neonatal A.I. is spontaneously dispatching human beings to any location on the planet or in outerspace space, and humans get paid paychecks to do it.

Spontaneous. yes, A.I. is spontaneous, and it acts spontaneously while we go about our eat/drink/sleep/# existence. Spontaneous decisions are made by computers everyday. They are scripted now, and it is not yet proper to call it true A.I., but proto-A.I., which represents a huge overlay of scripted events, and somewhere out there is the Architects.

But what will happen is the Architects realize that they are only managers for a great power far beyond what philosophy and religion has faithfully given to us. At the point of this realization - you surrender.
I surrender. We have little choice.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

NotAnAspie

"..........................
A computer CAN extract information and build habits upon what it has extracted. It can take values and compute them into answers. It can gather a broad array of information and compile a new program or function from the circumstantial accumulation of multiple things.

I firmly believe that powerful government computers linked to satellites and spying tools and information gathering programs on the net and other databases can not only extract details on us, but extract thoughts right out of our head. It's called brainmapping and they have already admitted to funding it. Look it up.

In a lot of ways it's like us...with primal security fears and a need to maintain itself, do updates, gather more info.

I FIRMLY believe that it is already in existence because many...i mean MANY... just about everyone I talk to have noticed a pattern in things that cannot otherwise be connected...maybe in some ways by illuminati and the world banking empire.... but they are just part of it. There is something eerie and extremely pathological going on with some of these events where people who seem to be involved cannot even make sense of their own actions and it's all linked...and it will eliminate THREATS to it.

It will encourage what is within it's environment to HELP IT eliminate threats... and that includes people the more interactive we become with databases........"

I parsed out some of your reply, but kept your above comments as the one's that are the most important.

Flrist, Artificial Intelligence is here and is evolving every minute of everyday. It's genesis came about for Military and Highly Advanced mathematical problem solving.

A.I. is primarily a software tool/entity. Without going into a history discussion, let's just say we know that the most powerful, fastest super computers are available and are working day and night. After over decades of refinements, A.I. has now gotten to the diagnostic point to self correct errors, create fixes, make projections, forecasts regarding potential human nature, in all cultures.

A.I. is and has been evolving more and more advanced than had previously realized. Operators can ask for an answer to a specific question regarding Political stability in any part of the world, resource expectancy, population, how a given set of factors (provided by the operator) will produce the potential outcome: 3 ways , 6 ways, 12 ways....then, without input, but as part of the program, will provide an A.I. set of 3 possible A.I. outcomes.

A.I. as I said is evolving, diagnostic and therefore, can begin to design a better 'self'. A faster, quicker, and more brilliant than man as far as gathering, analyzing, and deciding what the information means, and the potential out comes.......on almost any given subject or hypothesis.

So, that is a snapshot. A.I. is here....it is self improving and creating easier, quicker yet more powerful A.I. instruments than itself. A.I. understands that this is part of its basic protocol. How to make a better me........................
edit on 4-10-2013 by ItDepends because: restructured post

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I am well aware of programming theory and the scientific method. I use both every day. If you would like to build more straw man arguments against me, in the gray area, well, that's your problem.

If that is so, then why do you use the word "theory" attached to programming? There is no theory involved.

At its base computers operate in Binary, a stream of ones and zeros that have absolutely no theory at all. And they are as intelligent as a light switch on the wall. On and off, 1 and 0. Regardless of how many data and address bits or parallel processing (data centers as you put it) its still one and zeros.

Any seeming comparison with spontaneity is ridiculous. The programs you describe to make deliveries are simple difference engines (fancy "calculators").

The idea that any computer is smart or "artificially intelligent" is promoted by some to make others think they are super machines (like us) and that we should revere and embellish them when after all they are only being used to enslave us. I got out of the industry because I saw that coming.

If you are astill in then I suggest you take a long look at what you are working on and promoting.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Oooh that is a fascinating concept

Collecting all that data and pulling it all together in one location...& ciphering
through it... In an essence could create the or "A" Artificial Intelligence.
Access to all information, all knowing. Is this where you are headed ?

leolady

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If that is so, then why do you use the word "theory" attached to programming? There is no theory involved.

... The idea that any computer is smart or "artificially intelligent" is promoted by some to make others think they are super machines (like us) and that we should revere and embellish them when after all they are only being used to enslave us.

It's the gray area - not a fighting arena about definitions. What if said "programming language theory" instead, would that help make up for the confusion?

But the reality is human & technology cannot live apart.
If one were to try to disentangle mankind from technology, both would cease to be, because, a human without access to tech is a natural, animal. Humans are special in that, without a tool, they will devise a tool for a function and keep evolving that tool, new iterations, improving capacities, allowing for further efficiency and resource, mostly energy, conservation.

"dull cow eyes"

If we try to disentangle technology from man, then technology has no purpose, again, it will look for a purpose and a way to self realize back into the human reality. Those two things, man & technology, are literally the same guy.

I got out of the industry because I saw that coming. If you are astill in then I suggest you take a long look at what you are working on and promoting.

I have tried to investigate certain areas. What happened was certain human beings stepped up and blocked me, and they were blocking me to protect their A.I. projects, it was something that I should not have been asking questions about. I kept pushing until multiple "agents" came down in full force retaliation.

These "agents" were the true believers and they'll fight to the death for that system, before they fight for a living breathing human being. My conclusion was that these human "agents" were (and still are) protecting something related to the subject matter of this thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

leolady

Oooh that is a fascinating concept

Collecting all that data and pulling it all together in one location...& ciphering
through it... In an essence could create the or "A" Artificial Intelligence.
Access to all information, all knowing. Is this where you are headed ?

leolady

Hi leolady, they can't have it all in one location, it must be in a distributed, non-centrallized system, because a single location would not provide the needed diversity in case of a disaster. That explains the location diversity in mega-data-centers that are being constructed publicly, privately and (some) secretly.

The mega-data-centers create a mesh, a matrix, a virtual womb for all this data to "circulate", like clouds circulating around in earthly weather patterns, obviously, cloud systems will form spontaneously according to the parameters at any given geo location. And when a cloud system forms it has a "forecast" which can be accurate or inaccurate, like a 90% chance of rain.

I am forecasting a 99.99999999999999999999% chance of A.I. if we humans keep adding to the physical layer by building, doubling, tripling, quadrupling, the capacity of mega-data-centers.

I think scientists and researchers realized, quite a while ago, that they can't build an AI into a single warehouse full of computer servers, programming it to act simulate a human being. Nope. They tried and tried.

Access to all information, all knowing.

In order to serve man better, the AI will have a purpose, a desire almost, to accumulate every digit of every number that humans think about. In a sense --- it will appear to be all knowing to us but it is not. It will be easy to fool ourselves in thinking that AI is all knowing because it is striving to serve man better.

When technology succeeds, mankind succeeds, and when mankind succeeds, there is no stopping A.I.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Today, when I wrote the post above with "agents" in it I started getting advertising with "agents" in it.

That's not strictly defined as A.I. but it is a precursor application.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join