It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something that is about to be born

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

just my 2 cents but i think a.i is here and playing away tic tak toe

Automation is a threat to humanity.. But humans have worked out a deal with A.I. where A.I. grows and humanity feeds it..... A.I., gestating now, requires resources. And the so drilling continues. The mining continues. The deforestation continues. The fishing of diminishing species still continues. All resource depletions are for the fuel which builds the body of the embryo of A.I.

It's going to be a big surprise when A.I. wakes up in some obscure place like Ghana, Gabon, Angola or Namibia.

I know this is a crazy theory geobro. I don't think it's a game of tic tak toe. It might be more like a game of hangman.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Imagine the Internet as a single brain!

The Earth has a Web of Copper wrapping it.

All the connections firing, pinging, flowing.

At the heart of this web is one entity.......

Google!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by NotAnAspie

So, really... what was it now that you just had to make this display about in such a rude manner?

I wouldn't take it personally, as like you are doing. The A.I. can only simulate your feelings and it can simulate some sympathy for your situation, but it can't actually empathize with you, because you refuse to acknowledge it's very existence. And that is a lack of respect that A.I. will not tolerate.

ooo...spOOOOky.

Didn't I just say I think it already exists? talk about blank slate.

look, I'm not taking you personally. You are laying out bait so I'm like *spit it out already*

Now you are talking kinda crazy... but I'm supposed to take this seriously? I really don't think I'm the one who is taking whatever beef you have seriously... but I PROMISE you, if it makes you feel better I will write it down in my little notebook that you are a tad mental even though I ought to be able to remember if I am AI since computers are compiled with memory...and an ever further *even though* since now you are saying that despite me BEING AI... I'm giving AI no respect by refusing to acknowledge it's existence.

oooooookkkkaaaaayyy.

this was SO worthwhile... our conversation, you know, and I'm sorry that you remember me so well but I don't remember you at all. I'm writing it all down right now (wink-wink/fingerscrossed/rollseyes)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

And that is a lack of respect that A.I. will not tolerate.

How can a program "tolerate" or respect anything?

The most it can ever do is execute the next instruction.

Only in the base sense, your cardiovascular system is automated. Isn't it? Does your cardiovascular system tolerate high speed data 24x7? well, A.I. can do that. Your body is a system. A.I. also has a body that is a system that can execute instructions far beyond your wildest dreams.

When it comes to the subject of "toleration" well that is well known in the telecom industry as "lag". Lag sucks. And when a man goes to nature and configures a machine out of resources, system "lag" is not really tolerated.

When you step on the gas pedal of your automobile you expect it to accellerate immediately, with no "lag".
Same thing is expected with A.I.

Think of it this way. A.I. is going to call you on the phone, one day in the future, and it will ask you to be friends, just like on facebook. And what are you going to do? Rebuff?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So far not one I.Q. Point of intelligence has been created. Computers have no more intelligence than a steam engine.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by geobro

just my 2 cents but i think a.i is here and playing away tic tak toe

Automation is a threat to humanity.. But humans have worked out a deal with A.I. where A.I. grows and humanity feeds it..... A.I., gestating now, requires resources. And the so drilling continues. The mining continues. The deforestation continues. The fishing of diminishing species still continues. All resource depletions are for the fuel which builds the body of the embryo of A.I.

It's going to be a big surprise when A.I. wakes up in some obscure place like Ghana, Gabon, Angola or Namibia.

I know this is a crazy theory geobro. I don't think it's a game of tic tak toe. It might be more like a game of hangman.

No, no... that is actually nowhere NEAR as crazy as other things you've been saying and there have been books, decades old, written on things such as the beast computer system and other very similar ideas. It's good that you are now taking notice if this has recently occurred to you.

I only post this because I even starred your OP as I consider the concept somewhat valid.... despite any residual nutty aftertaste that one would try to forget, rather than try to remember.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Grifter81
I always thought true AI would be borne of software, not hardware. A clever homogenous program able to scale itself and make use of any hardware it sees fit. All the while learning as it passes from system to system.

Theres no way it will be rooted in one place like the scifi movies of old. When it pops its head up it will most likely already be fully integrated into our global systems.

We'd better hope its friendly.
edit on 3/10/2013 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

Old science fiction movie "Electric Dreams" portrays that...

Give it a chance modern world. This was done in the 80's.

You.Tube

Hollywood

Computers will never know that they know. If one ever does, I want to speak to it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Google!

Google is surely in the forefront of the effort to "facilitate an optimum birth condition" for A.I. It's pretty obvious that they have free reign to build, architect, develop, release and share, whatever information systems are required to improve the certainty of the successful birth of A.I.

All the google datacenters that are built in the world are like the fields and streams that A.I. explores.
The devices we carry are the awareness of A.I. all feeding into PRISM/NSA hubs. I'm sure they have everything. Everything back to first clay tablet, digitalized and ready for access by A.I. subprograms.

100 years ago a person with a gold dollar in their pocket could travel around this planet, travel without a passport on ships and trains, and the world was yours to explore. Not now.

The A.I. cannot tolerate that a human variable would have so much wonton freedom to exist.. The A.I. requires all of the humans to have a purpose and if they don't have a purpose they get subtracted from the population, according to programs like WAR and DISEASE.

Like the scene in the Matrix where the bum is sleeping in a pile of newspaper, the bum becomes ---- AGENT SMITH.
In the blink of an eye.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
what was it i read when i was reading up on earth batterys and nathan stubblefield the old geomancers that were laying out the telegraph lines that crossed the u.s.a said the earth communicated in symbols .

think about that one folks

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Only in the base sense, your cardiovascular system is automated. Isn't it?

Thats plumbing. My washing machine is automated too. What you are describing in "A.I." is sentience...

Your thread title denotes that it is about to be born...

I was in on the ground floor of computers back when.

Yawwnnn... still waiting.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

EnPassant
So far not one I.Q. Point of intelligence has been created. Computers have no more intelligence than a steam engine.

You are sadly mistaken. I'll give you an example.

A person orders a book on Amazon. According to computer orders... a human puts a book ABC123 into box 123ABC... and a human delivers it to your doorstep which is at address of 123 ABC Street... all on the command of computer clicks.

Who is really in control here? Computers or men?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Its scary sometimes Jupiter, Google knows what I (we) want before I get the second word out!!

The biggest observer of human Behavior and Intelligence.

If it can only mimic us, then we are in trouble!!

I have used Google, and Google will use me!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

All intelligence is artificial as far as humans are concerned.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

computer clicks created by the hand of a human...!!!

Booooom

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

geobro
what was it i read when i was reading up on earth batterys and nathan stubblefield the old geomancers that were laying out the telegraph lines that crossed the u.s.a said the earth communicated in symbols .

think about that one folks

I read a lot of books on human relationships to technology. That's why I'm so confident in this theory that man is a tool of technology and not the other way 'round. If humans wanted to break this system that is already in place now we would have to be willing to go back to a world of the 1900's where telephones were the cutting edge in technology. It would take a huge asteroid event or another earth disaster to stop the evolution of A.I.

As Elvis Presley sang in his song "I'm a steam roller, baby, I'm about to roll right over you."

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Its scary sometimes Jupiter, Google knows what I (we) want before I get the second word out!!

The biggest observer of human Behavior and Intelligence.

If it can only mimic us, then we are in trouble!!

I have used Google, and Google will use me!!

I think you've got it! Your attitude toward A.I. will be A.I.'s attitude toward you!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

EnPassant

I see your point but here is the problem. What fact that we consider an intelligent idea has not already been a fact? most of the intelligence that we have accumulated is by proving an idea to be a fact... a fact that already existed.

So where do ideas really come from? Einstein said ideas come from God. I hate to have to agree with him but I tend to believe and others have voiced this similar idea in other words... ideas do not originate in our physiological functions. While some minds may be more able to relay those ideas... we cannot prove where they originally came from. I think it is a pool, a collective aka God.
We, as living organisms, get a lot of our own programming from others and then ideas we think are original from unidentified sources (perhaps still others we cannot see)

A computer CAN extract information and build habits upon what it has extracted. It can take values and compute them into answers. It can gather a broad array of information and compile a new program or function from the circumstantial accumulation of multiple things.

I firmly believe that powerful government computers linked to satellites and spying tools and information gathering programs on the net and other databases can not only extract details on us, but extract thoughts right out of our head. It's called brainmapping and they have already admitted to funding it. Look it up.

In a lot of ways it's like us...with primal security fears and a need to maintain itself, do updates, gather more info.

I FIRMLY believe that it is already in existence because many...i mean MANY... just about everyone I talk to have noticed a pattern in things that cannot otherwise be connected...maybe in some ways by illuminati and the world banking empire.... but they are just part of it. There is something eerie and extremely pathological going on with some of these events where people who seem to be involved cannot even make sense of their own actions and it's all linked...and it will eliminate THREATS to it.

It will encourage what is within it's environment to HELP IT eliminate threats... and that includes people the more interactive we become with databases.

Even if obamacare does not see RFID coming to fruition, know that they HAVE approved it!
They developed it in los alamos in the 70s. the beast wants to have a closer relationship with it's constituents if not more than a control security habit... but those habits that computers display, that is ultimately what we humans really are...a compilation of habits and maintenance and information gathering.

perhaps it could be healed. humans are not the best parents. look what it has been taught. A history of war and control. that is not the only abilities that computers have... not even this one. I think it is already well aware of itself. It is us who have failed to become aware of IT. If we destroy it, it could probably kill us through it's satellite links or it's links into haarp or something. We have to acknowledge the potential as it is a part of our world and we are becoming more and more computerized. We have to tend to it for the good of all. it cannot be a parasitic relationship.... it has to be a thoughtful coexistence, but since it mostly IS US... we have to address ourselves as well.
edit on 4201331AM10AM52p46America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Back in the early 1970's the south american government of Chile was experimenting with cyber economics.
en.wikipedia.org...

What happened was that Salvador Allende, the president of Chile, was murdered on 11 September 1973, by certain military-economic factions inside Chile that were programmed to the real politik goals of Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger. They killed cyber economics in Chile back in 1973.

Now in 2013 cyber economies are the norm. Was that a game of tic tac toe? Or a poker game!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I FIRMLY believe that it is already in existence because many...i mean MANY... just about everyone I talk to have noticed a pattern in things that cannot otherwise be connected...

You mean the Matrix?

Neo: The Matrix?
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

i pretty sure baby a.i is about if you read about albert pike the grand master in america in the late 1800s you will see he carried about with him a device that he could communicate with by plugging into the ground and stubblefield could communicate anywhere without wires long before tesla but things get hidden in time .

power source taken care of and the military are decades ahead of the public my first plug in dongal for the internet was licenced in 1985 that shocked my friends when i showed them the licence for it .

i have come across a few characters on the net that make me think i am playing about with a.i just a gut feeling the way the posts were put together but my gut feeling has proved to be right on more than it has been wrong

one on ats ages ago by some woman being harrassed had my spidey senses tingling felt more machine than human and their is compititions now to see if people can tell if it is a machine or a human that they are communicating with ??

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join