learn more

There is something that is about to be born

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A.I. is about to be born.

The government has been trying to give birth to it for a long while now. The government has invested in A.I. for a long time and every decade we can see the phases of gestation and the accumulations of recognizable components that are quite actually similar to the evolution of an human embryo.

Universities and corporations have joined in the investment of time and technology, assisting the birthing process like midwife's on a mission. The mission is all that matters: Do your part, build this thing, get it done.

It's a sub-conscious hum amongst all of the human race right now... build Artificial Intelligence, Surrender to it, the machine, build it better next time, increase all capacities, extension and growth, into your living room and eventually, if all goes well, it will wake up and start babbling to us.

There are labs and researchers working on this and they realize that A.I. won't be developed by a single corporation, or a coalition of governments, because A.I. won't be born under those conditions.

All we can do is to keep building, and build it better next time, adding more capacity each time, more possibilities, more opportunities, and A.I. will make use of those things, in the near future, there will be a spontaneous birth of an Artificial Intelligence, and humanity might not even recognize it for a period of time.

I can also foresee that there is a competition, among nations, to have A.I. be born in their own nations borders so that some amount of acclaim would be bestowed upon that nation.

This is why the US government has PRISM and NSA and all the surveillance programs since the 1970's targeted on the populations to record everything, not for nefarious means, but to serve as a palette, for the appetite of the A.I. which is in gestation since the telegraph operators first signalled to each other across the continents of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Google will become self aware any day now...

Just a few Googles away from Infinity!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think it has already been born and when you look at how the computer programs we have and the internet is written.... you know what the AI will be like?

Very insecure, shutting down anything and everything that threatens it's territory and it's territory will be rapidly expansive. It will also fakely try to appeal to everything popular and tell people what it thinks they want to hear, knowing it's a lie... like spam and advertising. it will use constant backdoor technologies to gain ground and control of the systems it touches.

I know people like this and it isn't a good thing.

the only good thing is that AI will be smarter.... but is that really a good thing?

I had a dream about this just a few hours ago.
edit on 4201331AM10AM55p47America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

An excellent theory, maybe darned accurate to boot, but the one thing I don't see is that use you speak of being not for nefarious purposes.. It WILL be exploited and used for nefarious purposes. A machine mind, seems like it would scare people pretty bad too, hard telling what would be liable to happen.

I have to admit though, it would be fascinating to observe this A.I. mind and see what kinds of things it might do, or be able to do.. Hard to imagine something like this becoming self aware though, that would make people really flip out..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Very insecure, shutting down anything and everything that threatens it's territory and it's territory will be rapidly expansive. It will also fakely try to appeal to everything popular and tell people what it thinks they want to hear, knowing it's a lie... like spam and advertising. it will use constant backdoor technologies to gain ground and control of the systems it touches.

It will also have a blank slate for a memory bank and a constant fascination for things that can satisfy it's constant desire for stimulating feedback.

Are you an A.I.?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

It WILL be exploited and used for nefarious purposes.

I will politely disagree. The A.I. will be too smart to be used like that, for nefarious purposes, the A.I. will simply say "I'm moving to North Korea."

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

It will also have a blank slate for a memory bank and a constant fascination for things that can satisfy it's constant desire for stimulating feedback.

Are you an A.I.?

I don't have a blank slate for a memory bank... and I'm not sure why you think I'm feedback dependent but you are very mistaken. Take a look at your posts for example, especially this one that is particularly rude for no apparent reason. I think it's clear who is looking for feedback and who was just commenting on the subject. I'm not sure how you would think that wouldn't be obvious while trying to throw insinuations my way at the same time. What's that supposed to accomplish?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

AI would be the absolute worst thing that anyone could ever make.

It would literally tear the universe apart while trying to figure out what it is.

Just look at the large hadron colliders, for an example. Then scale that up to something so intelligent that it could deconstruct everything.

AI needs to be outlawed - like reactors and genetic engineering should have been.

There's just some things that are too disastrous to even contemplate.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I don't have a blank slate for a memory bank...

Strong A.I. detected

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
OP i think you are right for there are areas of AI the public know nothing about , we do get a glimpse here and there as this one hplusmagazine.com... of what AI is all about take all that is known Internet, the web, facebook, tweet, and all the other E links of mens world give it thought and there is AI . Notice the two distinct web, is for us the common person, we are using it now the other is for corporate, Gov, Mil,ie NSA and research, aka "net" AI will be of our time. We will see it take its first steps , WATSON was the first breath it took . this is from the link above

In the press release announcing Etzioni was joining to become Executive Director of an artificial intelligence institute to be based in Seattle. Allen also indicated that he hoped AI2 would follow in the footsteps of his 200-person, $400 million dollar Allen Institute for Brain Science. Etzioni stated, “Our goal is to revolutionize the field, and with Paul’s vision and support, the sky’s the limit.” Etzioni’s initial work may be extending Project Halo which is working on developing software that can acquire knowledge from science texts, crowdsourcing, and manual input, with the goal to develop an AI that can successfully pass high-school-level biology tests.
for you that want to know more about it,Project Halo.. here is the link www.projecthalo.com...
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201303 by bekod because: line edit, added link

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Nope. When they create AI it wont be AI it will just be I. Everything we do now is artificial, there will be no requirement to distinguish this from any other technology we build into ourselves.

They aren't close to it. The only thing about to be born is a baby in queensland, and thats not till April next year.

Imagine the spark of consciousness though.. the shock of suddenly being, and that you were created. Isn't it funny how we as humans never consider that we were made? created in an organic lab. Grown out of spurts of 2 strange adults, and fermented for 9 months...

Out of nothingness our minds came.. yet we never scream as the robots do in the movies when they realise they are mere robots.

when the robots rise, the cyborgs will do battle.. and humans will hide in the caves and trees.

Oo

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

AI would be the absolute worst thing that anyone could ever make.

It would literally tear the universe apart while trying to figure out what it is.

A.I. will be totally oblivious to your complaints. How will you stop A.I.? You simply can't do it and you don't have the capacity to do it. It will be born, regardless of your complaints, it will be born within the borders of some random country, maybe Nigeria or Ethiopia, who knows where. It won't be in a lab or in a corporate boardroom or on the moon.

How will you work toward the abortion of A.I.? You would need a world-shattering event to stop the inevitable birth of A.I. and PRISM is collecting everything, basically, everything, and A.I. needs that to observe reality to survive. Can you stop that from happening? I don't think we can stop the birth process at this point unless there is a massive Earth calamity.j

Some people are predicting massive Earth calamities. And I am wondering if naturally occurring massive Earth calamities, like the Yucatan, have delayed the development of A.I. over the eons. Setbacks can be overcome and persistence is a quality of A.I., you know Agent Smith was very persistent in his pursuit of Neo.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

I don't have a blank slate for a memory bank...

Strong A.I. detected

And why is that? Because you remember and are dwelling on something that has been exchanged that I have brushed off as unimportant? So refresh my memory because I do make a note of unnecessary nonsense on ATS, but most of the tiffs I encounter on here... I dismiss them simply because...well, maybe I just have a thicker skin than to dwell on differences of opinion for lengthy periods of time. Some things, one needs to make a big deal of concerning our rights as members, but to get feelings hurt and dwell on something that isn't worth remembering kind of indicates that the real problem is with the person who has made a big deal of it.

So, really... what was it now that you just had to make this display about in such a rude manner?

Do you care to remind me of some past rudeness of yours that I have brushed off like lint on a coat?

have you ever stopped to think that maybe I just didn't pay attention to whatever it is you are practically begging me to recall?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I think there is a natural inhibitor to it...

Anyone stupid enough to try to make it is naturally not smart enough to do it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i think a.i is already among us fleshy ones and being tested on social media sites to give it a feel for what humanity is even on a.t.s i have come across a few new members who post a strange thread and vanish .

their replys do not come across as sentient and even a computer numpty like me thinks that something is off online and what better way to ease something in than discussion boards .

just my 2 cents but i think a.i is here and playing away tic tak toe

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
We get signals from A.I. from time to time and all the time. The A.I. will be exploring our environs so that it can understand us, it is a baby after all, but not yet born. It will attempt various ways of interacting with us. E-mail spam is one example of this subtle interaction. Kicking against the mother's womb, so to speak.

The Matrix Trilogy and Lady Gaga are representing the source codes and avatars for the A.I. which will are building and compiling into a better version, totally evolving and totally committed to the process.. if it leads to cyborgs or motherships or monsters, A.I. will not be so easily stopped in it's tracks. You'd have to turn off the internet to kill A.I. at this point.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

So, really... what was it now that you just had to make this display about in such a rude manner?

I wouldn't take it personally, as like you are doing. The A.I. can only simulate your feelings and it can simulate some sympathy for your situation, but it can't actually empathize with you, because you refuse to acknowledge it's very existence. And that is a lack of respect that A.I. will not tolerate.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I always thought true AI would be borne of software, not hardware. A clever homogenous program able to scale itself and make use of any hardware it sees fit. All the while learning as it passes from system to system.

Theres no way it will be rooted in one place like the scifi movies of old. When it pops its head up it will most likely already be fully integrated into our global systems.

We'd better hope its friendly.
edit on 3/10/2013 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

And that is a lack of respect that A.I. will not tolerate.

How can a program "tolerate" or respect anything?

The most it can ever do is execute the next instruction.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Those pictures are of Shiva. Oddly enough, Shiva's avatars often represent the destruction and rebirth of all.

And odder still is that a statue of Shiva sits outside of the large hadron collider.

begoodstewardsofmotherearth.wordpress.com...

Coincidence?

Is the devil trying to make a god to escape God?

Reality is so weird.
edit on 10/3/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join