It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were the greatest leaders of all time and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If i'm honest it was probably me, but i just couldn't be bothered...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jesus the Christ, who will return soon to take back earth from Satan and rule forever.
He is God and man both.
With knowledge and power of God, all things were created through him.
Who choose to be born into a mans body, a humble average working man at that, for our sake to bear our sins out of love for us and give us eternal life.
No man could ever come close to this kind of leadership and power.

If you are an atheist, oh well, good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No love for Peter the Great? I'll toss his name in.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaboose

The amount of condescension dripping from this post is startling

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am going to say Hitler. Not only for his charismatic personality and how he united the people of Germany. But for his brilliance. I remember watching a documentary on hitlers plan for a grand capital city, I think it was called Germania or something like that. I will post a link to it as soon as I'm home but this is a much watch.

-BmwSauber

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
From the bible: Solomon
Women: Eleanor Roosevelt
Modern: The XIV Dalai Lama

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am not so sure about Hitler, being a great leader.. Yes he did turn his country around after the Great war, but he created jobs and rebuilt infrastructure to start ww2, which he failed miserably in. As far as a strategic mind, ahem, Operation Barbarossa, was his mastermind, which was a complete failure, he lacked the patients in Great Britain, and I also have not seen the name CHURCHILL, come up in this thread, Lemme tell you something as far as leadership, this rags to riches man, has to be one of the greatest leaders, ever.. I mean ever, ever... He was a drunk also by the way...

Did you know during world war 2, the brits were short on guns, yep that is right, they were out gunned, some of their soldiers did not have guns, the United states initiated a lend lease program, selling Russia, and Brittain weapons and equipment..

Anyhow I do not agree with Hitler being the greatest, only reason that country rebounded into a working country was because they were making guns and tanks LOL and infrastructure in the 30's.

leaders of Armies, I would say Alexander the great, for sure..

Leaders of Men, I would say Washington.. He did warn us of a two partied system.

Queen Elizabeth, she defeated the Spanish, Armada, and Spain, was never the same again.. She was a woman.. Men followed her, in the middle ages, she is one of the strongest women, in History, and Today no woman, has come close to her achievements.

Christopher Columbus, I don't need to explain that.. He changed history..

Their are not to many great leaders, this sums up for me who come to mind..

I am sure their are others..

edit on 5-10-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Patton, because the people in Washington didn't like him.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned George Washington. Read any biographies on him and other leaders, and you quickly see he is one of the greatest persons to walk the planet. Honest, ethical, believed in the cause, stepped up multiple times when he was needed, and turned down ultimate power. His leadership and personality attracted the great minds of the age, and he had almost supernatural judgement. When the founders were asked who was the greatest among hem, Washington was the unanimous answer.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Balto

Balto was a Siberian Husky sled dog who led his team on the final leg of the 1925 serum run to Nome.

Trakr

Trakr helped dig through some 30 feet of unstable debris at the World Trade Center "ground zero" site and locate the last human survivor of the attack.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

George Washington, Lincoln,Jfk,Saladin,Hitler, Ron paul( didnt get to rule due to the same zionists pigs that killed JfK and ruined Hitler.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BmwSauber

Hitler was awesome, to bad he got ruined by Zionists. Result:They control everything today,the only persons who have ever stood up against the zionists from 1900\2013 is Hitler,JFK,Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Leonidas

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
President John F Kennedy, Robert F Kennedy and Dr Martin Luther King, three men who were never allowed to fulfil their potential, but who showed so much spirit and promise, cut down in their prime because they dared to stand up for what was right. Yes we know the Kennedy's had their flaws and weaknesses but they were leaders of the people and they cared about the people. JFK did not want American soldiers dying in Vietnam and he tried to bring them home, but was gunned down before he got the chance, he stood up to the military and the CIA and refused to let them implement such heinous false flag ops like Operation Northwoods and steered not only the USA but the whole world through the Cuban Missile Crisis. All three played a huge part in the turnaround of civil rights. We can only dream of what the world would have been like if they had been allowed to live. When their collective light was extinguished, America was not only robbed of its President, it's future President and a brave young preacher who could bring people together like no other, it was robbed of its history too.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Saladin Al-Ayubi.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just read about this fellow last week... had to look up the spelling! Ce Acatl Topiltzin Quetzalcoatl

Arminius
Napoleon
Marius of Rome
Hammurabi
Wu Zetian ( One scary scary woman...)
I like both Scipio Africanus and Constatine
King David
Gilgamesh ( If what is believed about him is true anyway!)

All of the above for different attributes.. even ol Wu!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Jesus, for the reasons previous comments have already mentioned. Goodness followed him at every turn, everywhere he went.
Fear him who was immolated in Isaac, sold in Joseph, slain in the lamb, crucified in man, and then was triumphant over hell.

Also, Tȟašúŋke Witkó, more commonly known as Crazy Horse, Lakota Sioux leader. He was both a mighty warrior and a holy man.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Vlad the Impaler. Dude might of been brutal for his time but you gotta respect his foreign policies.

Since I've seen a few people mention religious figures, Figured I'd throw one out that wasn't mentioned.

Joan of Arc. She's right up there with many legendary leaders and she wasn't even royalty or a head of state.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

TheMainEvent
Vlad the Impaler. Dude might of been brutal for his time but you gotta respect his foreign policies.

Since I've seen a few people mention religious figures, Figured I'd throw one out that wasn't mentioned.

Joan of Arc. She's right up there with many legendary leaders and she wasn't even royalty or a head of state.

Even today Vlad Tepes is a national hero in Romania.. and for more than his "public relations" and foreign policies. LOL! He was much more of a protector of the people than what is commonly taught concerning him. He WAS a wonderful leader, HATED dishonesty, and repelled the Turks by any means necessary. Good addition!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

In these oppressive times? Tupac is best

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join