It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evans Warp Core

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FryEvans

I gotta read this more thoroughly. S&F for the out-of-the-box thinking though!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FryEvans

Okay, I finished reading it.

Wow, quite impressive. I think you might be onto something!

I just have a question though.

May I know why it must be made of osmium?

edit on 11-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If I read your proposal correctly, you are looking to use sub-atomic particles to provide enough inertia to move a very massive vessel. I feel, in actuallity, you are building a mass driver with a closed end. By smashing these particles into that end, you hope to impart their momentum to the ship. I do not believe enough propulsive power can be achieved until a tremendous amount of mass is used up.
Would you not be better served to build a system which used larger masses in proportion to the total mass of the vessel involved? I have designed such a device but am not able to carry it beyond it's current stage of design. It would be slower to develope it's final velocity but will accelerate over a long period of time toward a destination. If you would care to discuss it's potential further I would be happy too.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You need a wormhole for this.

You are looking at a closed energy system with an outlet for energy / matter conversion I am guessing, or expecting David to beat Goliath without a rock. The idea of a completely closed system is foreign to me. I always believe in a higher power or at least an outlet to every system. It defies most non photonic based equations to believe in it but here is what started me out. E(+/-q)=MC^2(-/+q)
q is defined as the outlet for a single photon at a time to pass between any system with water based on the idea of molecular h2o structure expansion at 0 C - -1 C ; the idea of life being based on water combining with carbon forming simple sugars, constructive oxygen-carbon-hydrogen enzymes, and carbon dioxide relying on a single expansion allows for extrapolation with characteristics of life showing "passive" intake/uptake dialation with warm blood cells in contact with basic salts , leading to the end theory that an intelligent lifeforce controls the passage between quantum particles and subatomic particles between the difference of Higg's Boson' trajectory when unincumbered by collisions caused by forces described lower then the lesser universal force.
I've went to theorize that instead of receiving at one end and sending at another the universe is dialated analog style allowing frequency variations at quantum levels to create transmission. Put simply, "closed" system within a "closed" system are either possible, probable and inevitiable or completely non existant. Worm holes would be created for the quantum frequency variations. As we create a more sophisticated closed energy system in which we observe our universe becomes, inevitably, more dialated and responsive to external energy.
This allows for the intelligent life to imagine unintended possibilities as passing thoughts or imaginations or fantasies depending on the focus of time relativity as well as, The gradual introduction of a higher power of control then we have presently. Taken to an extrapolatory level we might be able to conclude that the closer a particle travels to the universal "closed" barrier - the light barrier - it becomes more dialated, prone to external forces, and more massive.
Use that mass to power a "closed" system and you can achieve your goals, Chef! Good Luck..
I'm sure you need some help, I'll do what I can without being involved in your work and defer to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join