It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evans Warp Core

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FryEvans

in the words of edna mode...

edit on 3-10-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not sure if this is a joke or what, but your warp core doesn't produce any movement.

You kinda described a Ion Thruster...without the thrust.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

No joke, I must have described it wrong. Leeme try again. The ring particle accelrator creates a loop of moving particles. The particles are then sent down a linear tunnel and smashed aganist the end of the tunnel. the momentum from the particles is then transferred into the structure of the ship. the "thrust" comes from the collosion of the particles aganist the ship. The difficult parts of this are keeping the ship together and it not being destroyed by the collision. The idea here is tranferring reference frames of mtion. You start with particle motion then transfer the momentum to the ship. Same principles as the little balls on your desk you play with that you lift one and it it makes the one at the other end lift up. There is a flaw though, it is literally impossible to achieve 100% efficiency so the energy used to move the particles used for smashing into the wall will always provide less momentum then necessary to achieve even close to light speed travels. Except! for using an outside energy source that is linked to the craft via quantum entanglement. The base station is necessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

i'm a bit busy today so i'll just answer the next question "is quantum entanglement of matter even possible, it has only been tested with energy forms." The answer, yes. But it requires ALOT of energy, none of which needs to be present on the target entangled matter, so the base station needs to have a seperate network of fusion or fission reactors to keep the entanglement up. if it is possible to entangle E, you can entangle m with contstant E @ c sq , i did place the top of my photonics degree at CCC while i was waiting for my food to cook... but Idaho? Really that's BS i don't need

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

now the part that scares me. So I'm sitting at the CIA prepped some consomme, which is amazing tasting raw, i add the lemon juice into the egg whites in room temperature and let the denaturalization of proteins process take it's part in the creation of the raft for the clarification of the consomme then bring it to a rolling boil and sat down and read through dr hawkings super string theory. after the consomme came to a boil the raft recoagulated nice and smooth and i think to myself, if the strings of the universe are like proteins if we use non natural acids when we get to room temp to denature it it won't coagulate back properly. I spent twenty minutes watching a slow simmer in a stock pot clarify my stock into consomme thinking about the relationship between umami and msg. you only get one chance to make a perfect consomme so if we # up our raft in the universe we will probably end up looking like we just got home from the philadelphia project. hehe i was hoping someone else would make this joke but we need to be kosher in our preparations of this.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I guess you are talkng about the emdrive

Maybe you can explain a bit better how this would be a 'warp' drive?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am not convinced you understand or know what happens when particles at ultra high lorentz factor strike a beam dump as you describe.

I can with great confidence tell you that the last thing the beam dump does is transfer momentum through the beam and propel anything forward. You create alot of heat and the beam dump shatters.

Also even if that was to work how you describe, the physical size of the accelerator would be enormous. The most luminous accelerator on the planet is the J-PARC proton synchrotron which still only produces bunches of particles containing about 10^14 protons... the momentum transfer is absolutely zero by comparison with the amount of heat you generate. You are talking about something that has to be many many many orders of magnitude greater... not to mention that, you dont need the beam dump since the momentum transfer has already been done when you accelerate and or bend the direction of the beam.

"Magnets" I hear you scream... well again... the pulse horn magnet used to focus the J-PARC Beam is enormous and only bends the path of particles a little to focus them, and there we use huge infrastructure to provide coil currents of 300,000 Amps, so much infact that the thing sounds like someone hit a bit of metal with a hammer every time it is fired.

It is good to have these thought experiments but, you have to bring them into the real world a little... oh and by the way, last time i checked, covalent bonds are stronger than ionic.
edit on 3-10-2013 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

ErosA433

"Magnets" I hear you scream... well again... the pulse horn magnet used to focus the J-PARC Beam is enormous and only bends the path of particles a little to focus them, and there we use huge infrastructure to provide coil currents of 300,000 Amps, so much infact that the thing sounds like someone hit a bit of metal with a hammer every time it is fired.

Like cats can hear 10 amps!

and Like Thor hitting his Hammer!!!

Jinkies, That's a clue!!

Komodo

in the words of edna mode...

Edna is a little Alien!!

like the aliens from 1994 zimbabwe encounter, link:

Ariel school Africa UFO kids interview then and now
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww6uzFpKBQo
www.youtube.com...

No embed cuz slightly off topic.

edit on 3-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added reply

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

Thank you EasyPleaseMe. Yes, I guess a base model would be considered a fission powered em drive. The closed system would never reach 100% efficiency but, I believe, with the additional component added to the closed system [complex quantum entanglement] you could even achieve a machine that would opperate at over 100% efficiency.

But that is the theoryu i am working out.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I will leave this here in regard to the T2K Beam at J-PARC for some information on just how big and how much detail goes into constructing it... I post it because it is far more complicated and complex than anything I have seen proposed anywhere on ATS, It took about 50 people years to build.

accelconf.web.cern.ch...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ErosA433

Thanks for the post. Mega watt lasers are awesome and the first picture shows how each wall the photons pass through changes the trajectory starting with pi the u then a linear 2.5 degrees. The work that went into the development clearly shows how phasers are never going to be used. Why did they develop such a high powered single photon stream laser anyway?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Your Warp core is not based on Harmonics!

Sonarluminescence- is this nuclear fusion?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWO93G-zLZ0
www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence
en.wikipedia.org...

So maybe, this isn't so far off topic...

Ariel school Africa UFO kids interview then and now
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww6uzFpKBQo
www.youtube.com...

Your warp core needs more Music!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ErosA433

You should check out the emdrive link i posted above yours. It uses photons in a waveguide but provides reactionless thrust.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

ErosA433
I will leave this here in regard to the T2K Beam at J-PARC for some information on just how big and how much detail goes into constructing it... I post it because it is far more complicated and complex than anything I have seen proposed anywhere on ATS, It took about 50 people years to build.

accelconf.web.cern.ch...

The Machined components may benefit from a Scandium Alloy instead or combined with the Graphite Materials!!

Very Big Laser!!

Improved Welds and joints with Sacndium Alloys in Bicycle technology:
www.eastoncycling.com/bike/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/RD-03-Scandium.pdf
www.eastoncycling.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, it isn't a laser. It is a target for a neutrino beam. It is a super proton synchrotron... you collide the protons with the graphite target and you generate a huge spew of high energy mesons which decay to give you a neutrino beam.

The focusing magnets are to focus the shower of particles such that they decay along a beam rather than being spread out too much. It allows you to generate a high intensity neutrino beam that is collimated rather than defuse.

It was built to study neutrino oscillation. Despite the rarity of neutrino interactions, the beam produces so many neutrinos that with each bunch, they see approximately 5 events in the near detector. which in terms of neutrinos is a huge amount.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

abecedarian

tgidkp
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread974337/pg1#pid17018414]post by abecedarian[, and more importantly how does one reconcile the possible damages incurred during the travel should a particle be encountered during the travel which may occupy the same space as any particle of the vessel?

the enterprise has shields for that very reason

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

Hey sorry i should have read your link before commenting that it was like an emdrive . totally not true.

The drive technology is established under linear inductive propulsion

The warp technology is the addition of a quantum entangled tether

The only energy source i think feasable to approach this as a space craft would be nuclear power

The transition into warp space does not mean the laws of physics will all stay intact and the safest bet is the simplest, purest, and most naturally occurring entrance and exit as possible

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If the ship contains the accelerator for the propulsion particle mass, then the ship will have a reaction in the opposite direction of the acceleration of the particles.

When the particles "crash" into the tunnel end, the inertial reaction is neutralized to zero net motion.

IF the particles can be accelerated without an inertial reaction on the accelerator, then the system could produce thrust.

However, inertial reaction cancelling IS the quest.

Ion accelerators have been used to propel modern satellites for years. Just point the beam into the vacuum, and the inertial kick the ion accelerator feels is added to the satellite.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That would be an entangled ion thruster system with stability through inverted vector extrapolation, good work.

A warp core would be a Higg's Boson Collector with Time Dilation properties.

I am working to build a time dilator for space travel. Step one find a White-Juday Infererometer.

Step two, observe how it works.

Step three, blog.

Good lunk

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join