It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evans Warp Core

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Evans Warp Core:

In this document I will attempt to describe my thoughts as related to building a warp core

The warp core is not a stand alone device; it requires a base station on Earth. I will describe that at the end.

Step one, the energy system.

This warp core requires massive amounts of energy to power it. The only possible energy source would be fission based electrical generator with 99.9% efficiency. This seems impossible, but realizes it is meant to be operated in the vacuum of space, where this efficiency is achievable.

Every component of this warp core has mass. The more mass, the more energy needed to move it. I am unsure of the amount of mass we can move with this core but I believe it is feasible to say that this design is movable.

The structure of the matter is important as well. If the components are substituted with lower quality materials there is a significant risk that the entire ship will break apart from the acceleration to light speed. Unfortunately, this matter must be completely elemental and no compounds can be used. If compounds are used there will be structural damage and warp speed will be unachievable. An important consideration for the elements chosen is mass and density. For my calculations every component is made of osmium. The fission reactor uses the least stable naturally occurring densest isotope. 186 Os .

A question at this point that is generally raised is “Why can’t we just use man-made elements?” The answer is complex but in it’s most simple form I can express it as the difference between naturally occurring umami vs. laboratory created MSG. Yes I am a chef, so I understand you need a few minutes to research what the hell that means.

Step two, building momentum.

The momentum of this drive, the acceleration, is based on the awareness of the resistance to change in velocity. Without the core moving you need to build a static charge of motion of mass. This is achieved through a ring particle accelerator. The accelerated particles must be naturally magnetic permanently with no loss of magnetism with acceleration. The ring particle accelerator is very similar in design to the Magnetic Rail System, using the electricity powered by the fission core.

Step three, motion.

When the particles used to accelerate the ship reach their maximum speed in the ring accelerator, they are shot through a tunnel designed to stabilize the momentum into a linear system. This is done via electrical magnetic forces surrounding the tunnel. The particles release their built up momentum by crashing into the end of the tunnel and transferring the motion of the particles throughout the entire ship to move the ship into near light speed motion. Once again the resistance to changes in velocity must be considered in reference to time. The faster the acceleration to light speed, the more likely outcome to achieve warp speed.

Step four, velocity.

If the ship moves in a single direction and achieves near light speed travel, it still has no velocity and can not achieve the necessary motions to achieve warp velocity. The easiest way to achieve this is to let the particles bounce off the end of the tunnel and reverse direction as quick as possible. For this we need elasticity. One end of the tunnel is the “bounce pad” where the particles are shot at, then the electro magnetic tunnel must be deactivated and the particles free to adjust their velocities naturally and crash into the “strike pad”.

This allows the space around the ship to create a warp bubble as described by Dr. Alcubierre. Unfortunately, the theories proposed by Dr. White only allow warp travel in a two dimensional space. It’s a nice theory he comes up with but I am a tall man. There is no definition of speed in warp space, so the only velocity achievable would be c+ . Seemingly instantaneous travel. Without the vector of the starting point “base station” there will be no returning from warp space and deceleration impossible. Linking the base station to the ship becomes the next problem.

Step five, base station.

The base station serves two purposes. The first purpose is linking to the ship to decelerate out of warp space back into regular space. This is achieved by quantum entanglement of a navigation particle in the ship, linked to a navigation beacon on Earth. If the beacon is moved from Earth, it loses the aspect of relative time and if it is possible to return from warp velocity to special velocity, the time references will be warped still and life will terminate eternally on the ship, or go into a stasis permanently on the ship.

The second necessity for the base station is universal polarization. The navigation particles need polarity to constitute warp velocity. This seems unnecessary until you work out the velocity of the Earth absolutely in the universe. First the Earth rotates, then it revolves, then it spins galactically, then it expands universally, but all these terms require the universe to have absolute velocity, or at least unchangeable dimensions. Without universal polarity neither of these necessities is possible.

I quote Bob the Builder, “Can we build it?” ”Yes we can!”

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FryEvans

Wow!

LOL. Every once in awhile one escapes.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Warp core would be nice...but in all honesty, with all this techno jargon, FryEvans just Fried my brain.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Arnie123 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

that is a very creative and satisfyingly technical description. I will not attempt to poke holes in it. I will offer a couple points of interest.

first. perhaps the emphasis you have placed on elements over compounds is due to the stability and strength of crystalline structures common in homogeneous solids? I would think that you might consider some type of ionic (heterogeneous) crystal. not only is an ionic bond much stronger than a covalent bond... but the electrolytic fluency might be a good candidate as a solid medium for particle acceleration (bouncing and striking, etc) a crystal such as this might be controllable via acoustic resonance modes.

also of lattice and electrical interest is the six member carbon ring (the foundation of organic structures) and its auto-polymerizing analogs and derivatives. (graphene?)

second. i would speculate that the transition into warp speed would be sufficient, in and of itself, to entangle the drive core with the timespace coordinates of the transition moment. isn't this the reasoning behind the "smearing" of the uss enterprise across the timespace domain as it accomplishes the warp transition? the difficult part, I think, would be accomplishing an entanglement with the desired destination. in a sense, we are already (in our persons) travelling at or near light speed.... problem is, we remain relatively stationary.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

No good.

Space is full of bubbles of atmosphere. Like the ocean has bubbles of air. It does.

So your ships would all get marooned in deep space. Not to mention the aliens.

All in all, why leave the fireplace to go stand in the puddles?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

PS. if they ever invent the EvansWarp drive, no one will believe me that I read it here first on ATS.

That will suck..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

tgidkp

that is a very creative and satisfyingly technical description. I will not attempt to poke holes in it. I will offer a couple points of interest.

first. perhaps the emphasis you have placed on elements over compounds is due to the stability and strength of crystalline structures common in homogeneous solids? I would think that you might consider some type of ionic (heterogeneous) crystal. not only is an ionic bond much stronger than a covalent bond... but the electrolytic fluency might be a good candidate as a solid medium for particle acceleration (bouncing and striking, etc) a crystal such as this might be controllable via acoustic resonance modes.

also of lattice and electrical interest is the six member carbon ring (the foundation of organic structures) and its auto-polymerizing analogs and derivatives. (graphene?)

second. i would speculate that the transition into warp speed would be sufficient, in and of itself, to entangle the drive core with the timespace coordinates of the transition moment. isn't this the reasoning behind the "smearing" of the uss enterprise across the timespace domain as it accomplishes the warp transition? the difficult part, I think, would be accomplishing an entanglement with the desired destination. in a sense, we are already (in our persons) travelling at or near light speed.... problem is, we remain relatively stationary.

Love the feedback. I suffer from tinnitus, so no acoustic resonance for me thanks though, and the laws of physics may not hold up in sub space so isotopes of elements would be the only thing i would theorize would be able to transitition correctly. There is an exception to that rule. Two. Life. If something is living it should pass through hyper space without breaking down into elements on re entry. The second is the only non living compound that will make it. water. h2o. I first tghought it possible when i theorized on water travelling through an event horizon then reaching 0 c at the apex of a black hole, expanding into infinite deminsions in a one dimensional hole in space time. This is all still theory work.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think for a 3D+1 vessel to traverse 3D+1 space, at least 3 additional dimensions are required, otherwise any single dimension the vessel occupies, which may harbor 1+X D particulates would encounter said particles. Such an encounter would amount to immediate destruction due to the forces involved. But then, what's to say particles of 3D+X dimensions do not exist?

Perhaps it's possible 'our' Universe was created because of such a collision?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I am unsure that you are generalizing enough, the reasons behind a living organism remaining coherent through the transition space. the unique colligative properties of ionic crystals (such as tinnitus....er..acoustic resonance) can be legitimately compared to the emergent coherence of biomolecular networks. Hypersonic spectometry is the next big thing for biomodulation, you know?

also of note, with regard to the coherence of h2o is that most ionic salts are soluble in water, releasing the incredible power of their ionic bonds into the water itself. this makes the salt and the water virtually inseparable (except for dehydration, naturally).

I am probably laboring the point too hard, considering we are only casually hypothesizeing.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I think the implication from the (mentioned in the op) 2D warp theory is that successful execution of such travel may involve operation in fewer than 3+1 dimensions (sub-space?).

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

tgidkp

I think the implication from the (mentioned in the op) 2D warp theory is that successful execution of such travel may involve operation in fewer than 3+1 dimensions (sub-space?).

You end up with lost information if 3+1 dimensions are reduced to fewer dimensions. So then, how does one reconstruction the proper 3+1 vessel if less than 4 dimensions are used, and more importantly how does one reconcile the possible damages incurred during the travel should a particle be encountered during the travel which may occupy the same space as any particle of the vessel?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

stereographic projection maps a sphere onto a plane, preserving all information while rendering a reduction in the dimensionality of the object.

although i am not the author of these hypothesis, i suspect that disastrous collision with space debris would resemble something like quantum tunneling.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that preserve all information except the fact that it was a sphere. Only we know that it was a sphere, it does not. To be reduced in dimensions would annihilate the higher dimensional structure and leave just a map of the surface info..?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Look, all you need is element 115 mixed with a little element 116!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

its my understanding that the borders of sterographic projecting hold the information of the dimension of the shape of the higher dimension.
By life, i meant organic material, anything living or dead, just not the never alive composites.
As for salt water, i like to think back to the days of getting my salt via tincture, then working with centrifuges.
In any case, Salt is a compound. Ionic or covalent bonds do not exist in a plasmatic state, only elemental forms remain. Hopefully life too, heh. The only reason i make an exception for water is the fact that it expands before contracting at freezing temperatures. If it entered a black hole at the correct velocity it would expand the one dimensional black hole. I predict the outcome would be a two dimensional stereogram of the history of the water molecule, with the borders showing the third dimension being a tear drop. but now we are just speculating.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

yes it would definitely be a teardrop, unless it was the black hole at the point of creation. the expansion of the universe would be mapped by the shape. the point of the tear would point directly to the center of the universe. Heh i just found the creation point of the universe!!! We named our planet earth. Our star sun, our galaxy the Milky Way, why don't we have a name for the universe, we should call it heaven or hell.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Perhaps fiddling with the amount of mass that a given object or particle has would reduce the required power output of the entire vessel?

I would suggest that further study of the Higgs boson ought to yield some interesting results. I would be particularly interested to know if some measure of control over its function could ever be exerted, because if so, fooling the universe into believing that an entire starship has the same mass as a paper cup would surely be a handy trick to pull, power consumption wise.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Explain to me, alpha decay in one dimension without leaving anything out.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Ok it is decay into the direct form of energy in one dimension and the energy is then released from the dimension that does not need to create a new spacial dimension to exist because it falls under variance of time.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Study the boson as much as you like. Here is what I want to do. Build a linear induction fission drive starship, fill it with water, send it on a collision course to the next closest galaxy center that we can confirm contains a black hole, i don't know which one that is, release the water, let it travel into the event horizon, let it decellerate into the single dimension and watch the temperature drop lower then 0 centigrade while it is inside the black hole. the water will require expansion of a single dimension spacially, which i think will give us a nice stereographical representation of the course of the galaxy, shaped into a tear drop when exrapolated, follow the tip of the tear drop directly to the source of the galaxy, take readings, send info home. We may have to destory a few black hole galactic centers for this to calculate the exact trajectory to the center of creation, but i think it's feasible. I'd say not in my lifetime, but I love following telemerase anti aging options and nano electric health technologies, i heard through the grapevine telomerase doesn't revert your hair color back so i plan on getting some if available when i get that nice speckled grey look, they don't make permanent grey hair dye.

edit on 3/10/2013 by FryEvans because: i typed fusion where i meant to write fission, no compound byproducts...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join