It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most effective way to destroy Obamacare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"Obamacare Is Such a Threat to Libertarian Ideology That Republicans Have Shut Down the Govt. to Delay It"

by Thom Hartmann (he's been busy)

It's not to defund it, as there's really no such thing as defunding it. Individuals are mostly funding it by buying insurance policies, and the rest of it as a whole bunch of other separate and individual pieces – things like rules against pre-existing conditions, which require no funding whatsoever.

The way to destroy Obamacare is to make sure that young, healthy people don't sign up for it.

I know lots of young *20s and 30s" people who are excited about being able to get insurance coverage at a resonable price ( based on their income) and not have to rely on expensive company sponsered health care.

A "death spiral" happens when an insurance company gets more and more older and sicker customers, which raises their costs, which in turn forces them to raise their rates. When they raise the rates, fewer and fewer young and healthy people sign up, and their proportion of older and sicker people gets even worse, and their expenses go up.

Eventually, the health insurance program dies.

How could they make sure that the starting date of Obamacare got buried in the news cycle so deeply that it was lost?

Under normal circumstances, that kind of story-killing would take a hurricane, or a massive earthquake, or a crazed mass-murderer gunman. But those things are pretty hard to control or predict.

So instead, the billionaires turned to the politicians they own, and told them to pull off such a radical stunt that it would seize the attention, continuously, of all the television networks and newspapers throughout the entire news cycle of September 30 and October 1.

They shut down the government.

It's just that simple.

Every news organization in the country had prepared detailed packages and reports on what Obamacare is, how to sign up for it, how he exchanges are going public right now, and all the details.

Obamacare experts were being lined up as guests for September 30 and October 1 on radio and television networks and stations across the country. Local stations planned their local versions of this, talking about their state programs.

Those two days we're going to be a big deal, programming wise. I know. I'm in the industry. We were planning it, too.

These were going to be major programs – in some cases major features – on September 30, and October 1.

I don't have a lot to say on this Thom Harmann says it very well and I'd likely just mess up his statement.

This is bully behavior.

ACA is the law of the land - just because you don't like it - doesn't make it wrong.

The republicans voted for it too.

Good christians - wanting to help people.

And the bully boys (and girls) are taking the country hostage because they are getting their way - pithetic.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's not a matter of just not liking it, it's a matter of it being unconstitutional. It's a matter of people who live pay check to pay check, riding the poverty line, being forced into finding a way to buy into a plan, because they don't qualify for medicaid (and there are plenty of people in that position). It's a matter of jobs, hours, and wages being lost.

The ACA caused me to lose my job and insurance. It's not a matter of just not liking it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The truth is that Obamacare only have one year to get implemented and able to fill the quota for implementation to be successful.

If the majority of people decide no to get into the program and the quota is not fill by the end of the next year the program will be a failure.

That is the reason why is so important for the program to get as many people as possible now, but what the program wants is the able young and healthy to start paying first, no the needy, poor and with pre existing conditions those will drain the program before it gets off the floor.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The most effective way in my mind would be if a large majority simply refused to do their income taxes until the new coming health care provisions are removed from any and all income tax forms.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

So the answer is simple. Don't sign up. You (general) want a voice? Don't sign up. This is much more important than talking with vote. Talk with your wallet and your life.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

marg6043
The truth is that Obamacare only have one year to get implemented and able to fill the quota for implementation to be successful.

If the majority of people decide no to get into the program and the quota is not fill by the end of the next year the program will be a failure.

That is the reason why is so important for the program to get as many people as possible now, but what the program wants is the able young and healthy to start paying first, no the needy, poor and with pre existing conditions those will drain the program before it gets off the floor.

I have heard that if they cannot get enough young and healthy people to sign up, that it will fold. I don't know if this is true. A lot of people I have been talking to are going to take the penalty for the next few years, so that alone might cause it to fail.

I still don't see how the people who live pay check to pay check, ride the poverty line, do not qualify for medicaid, are going to be able to buy a plan. Especially when $100 is a matter of eating or medication for some families.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I'm going to need a little help with this, I don't understand your point.

The Hartmann article seems to be saying that the government shut down was timed to coincide with ObamaCare. That can't be right because our fiscal year as started October 1, just about forever. If anything ObamaCare was designed to take place at the end of the budget year. Why? I don't know, but Mr. Hartmann doesn't seem to either.

ACA is the law of the land - just because you don't like it - doesn't make it wrong.
But just because it's the law doesn't make it right. Laws are changed all the time. Besides, the Constitution is the law of the land, too. And the Constitution says that the House controls the purse strings.

The republicans voted for it too.
No, actually. No Republican voted for ObamaCare in the House or the Senate. See who was bullying?

And the bully boys (and girls) are taking the country hostage because they are getting their way - pithetic.
I assume you're talking about the Senate Democrats who refuse to pass bills that would fund agencies like NIH and others? The Democrats who have turned down a chance to give ObamaCare another year to get ready, even when they're offered $20 Billion above the sequester limits?

See why I'm a little confused?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

ACA is the law of the land

Yeah, what happened to conservatives always blabbing "we're a nation of laws"? But they refuse to follow laws passed under Obama.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

What law are they breaking by deciding how much to spend? ObamaCare was passed years ago, certainly the House has the right, and the obligation, to decide on the budget. The Constitution gives them that duty.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The best way to beat it is not to buy it. Period. If you are a stay at home mother, let your husband file taxes alone. They can not penalize you or your refund that way. You might get less of a refund doing this but your money will not be going to Obamacare. It's principle sometimes. If you are a stay at home dad... do the same thing. There are ways around things if you really look into it.

Nobody should be "MADE" to purchase anything just because the government deems it necessary IMO. There are times to take a stand and I feel that this is one of those times. If this goes the way they want it to, where will it go next? As much as I hate the slippery slope argument, you have to give it a thought in this situation. What will the government see fit for your family year after next?

People do need and want healthcare. I just don't feel like this is the way it should have been done.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

CB328

Yeah, what happened to conservatives always blabbing "we're a nation of laws"? But they refuse to follow laws passed under Obama.

Its a TAX. Lets get that out of the way.

Americans have been fighting those who wish to tax us to death since its conception.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

CB328

We are all obligated not to follow unconstitutional 'laws'.

If there was a law that said that you had to buy fossil fuel energy insurance but, you don't use fossil fuel energy. The other side continually berated you for causing children everywhere to die from exposer. Would you possibly begin to understand how this 'law' and it's justifications might be questionable?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Please.

Dont use logic in this thread!

Star for you, and right on!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What is the most effective way to destroy Obamacare?

The most effective way to destroy Obamacare is to do nothing it will destroy itself

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Taissa

marg6043

I have heard that if they cannot get enough young and healthy people to sign up, that it will fold. I don't know if this is true. A lot of people I have been talking to are going to take the penalty for the next few years, so that alone might cause it to fail.

I still don't see how the people who live pay check to pay check, ride the poverty line, do not qualify for medicaid, are going to be able to buy a plan. Especially when $100 is a matter of eating or medication for some families.

I'm with you, Marg and Amelia. We've been kept too poor for too long to go along with this unicorn money hole. You can condense that visual into anything you like... I'd prefer to start with corn.
I also submit if there's a bunch of unsqueezable turnips out here already, what are they going to do -- a blood drive? Forget I suggested that guys, you have machine guns now.

I guess as far as things have gone the whole country is going to have to watch it fail, in disregard of propoganda. And I don't get to choose anything, because I can't afford the rent much less food now. Freedom is now what? Which euthanasia store on the sunset strip? They just haven't got the concept of "We can't afford this just because you dreamed it up.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Slavery used to be the law of the land.

Oh wait, it is again only called the ACA now.

Just because something is a law, doesn't make it right. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to figure out how to get a sleeping donkey out of a bathtub for a guy in Arizona since it is after 7pm.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Obama and the rest of the communist want this to fail - it's designed to fail.

They want more control over you, than you can possibly imagine.

They want to control all of your money, they want to control who has kids, and when they have kids. They want to pump you full of immunizations and other drugs to control you.

The way to stop obama care is to show that he was never legal to be president in the first place -
seriously, look at all the evidence and make up your own mind.

But, this is a distraction - they have planned much worse before obamacare has a chance to fail.

Watch the news - the USD will collapse, it will not be pretty.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Ahabstar

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to figure out how to get a sleeping donkey out of a bathtub for a guy in Arizona since it is after 7pm.

Too Funny!

Great Law BTW...........

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The bill was passed without anyone reading it. They didn't vote for it because it was a good thing, they voted without knowing which is negligence.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I like how a lot of pro ACA folks are running around on social media saying "Thank goodness I don't have to pay for someone's ER visit anymore". LOL I guess they forgot about that nifty tax being taken out of their checks this year?

The trouble for me and my fiance started, when the tax went into effect. We both started to lose money we heavily depended on. $180.00 a month off the top of my check. That $180.00 WAS going to my insurance. His money was going toward our groceries and bills etc. Then I lose my full time hours, then, I lose my insurance... then, I have no job at all because I got laid off.

Yes, pro ACA folks, please tell me about how wonderful this new fangled health care is turning out to be for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join