It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGFOOT is REAL New Bigfoot Evidence Screened As Expert Claims Proof Of Existence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Arnie123
reply to post by jaffo

www.bf-field-journal.blogspot.com...
How about you read on the mainstream BIAS?
Oh am I open-minded!
Clearly this is something that a lot of people do not want getting out, of course it doesn't make any sense to "Princeton" professors,it turns their whole world upside down.
BTW, because there from PRINCTON, there "More" qualified? No I don't think so, plenty of very intelligent people in the world that are not from Princeton.

You'll find a lot of "SMART" people in history making claims to "Know all that their is to know", and sadly for them, that's not the case.

Call me crazy, but I will trust a Princeton geneticist any day over a huckster like Ketchum. Sorry, but it turns out that people who work at Princeton, despite your hand waving and ad hominem, are very smart and tend to be pretty darned good at what they do. I know that makes you mad, but assaulting people you don't even know and speaking vaguely about how this would ruin peoples' worlds and such is ridiculous. You've got nothing here. No body, no DNA, no scat, NOTHING.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

jaffo
And continuing...Geneticist John Timmer of Ars Technica has done a post-mortem on the entire Bigfoot DNA fiasco. He dissects what went wrong with her methods, her analysis, and her interpretation of the results. It all boils down to the fact that Ketchum was a “true believer” who wanted to find Bigfoot DNA so much that it distorted her perspective and she overlooked huge problems in the sampling, in the lab techniques, and in the obvious implications of the results. She was utterly convinced that the samples were not contaminated, yet in her methods section she admits to screening out hairs and other tissues that were from non-hominin mammals. Again and again, she got warning signs that the samples were contaminated, that most of the DNA was just from modern humans. It was clear that there was a mixture of a bunch of North American mammals in it that she refused to think about, but she let the software blindly crunch the DNA sequences without throwing other mammals in the mix, and so on. Especially when she got the mix of both single and double-stranded DNA, she should have known she had a lot of different mammals in the sample. As Timmer explains, she was so sure it had to be Bigfoot DNA that every contradiction or warning sign was completely ignored, and she constructed a bizarrely implausible story about Bigfeet interbreeding with humans only 13,000 years ago. It was also clear that this type of analysis was beyond the level of training and competence of a person like Ketchum. As Timmer and several others have explained, she jumped to the wrong conclusions or used the wrong methods when she encountered results that were not in her background or training. As Richard Feynman said, “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

--
Again, none of what your saying makes any sense, 30 PLUS SAMPLES WERE SENT OUT TO OTHER LABS IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, your pretty much saying that none of these PH.Ds had the ability to discern "Other animal DNA" in the mix????
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, don't make me laugh.
What make's you so right? What makes me so right?
Your trying to prove something here, sorry, but it doesn't hold water. Not with that many independent labs.
BTW, what are your thoughts on the independent studies that say otherwise? PH.Ds of course, how was it that they could not discern the mixture of other animals DNA?
Again, you hold no water, your better off on a sub with a screen door.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

jaffo

Arnie123
reply to post by jaffo

Oh am I open-minded!
Clearly this is something that a lot of people do not want getting out, of course it doesn't make any sense to "Princeton" professors,it turns their whole world upside down.
BTW, because there from PRINCTON, there "More" qualified? No I don't think so, plenty of very intelligent people in the world that are not from Princeton.

You'll find a lot of "SMART" people in history making claims to "Know all that their is to know", and sadly for them, that's not the case.

Call me crazy, but I will trust a Princeton geneticist any day over a huckster like Ketchum. Sorry, but it turns out that people who work at Princeton, despite your hand waving and ad hominem, are very smart and tend to be pretty darned good at what they do. I know that makes you mad, but assaulting people you don't even know and speaking vaguely about how this would ruin peoples' worlds and such is ridiculous. You've got nothing here. No body, no DNA, no scat, NOTHING.

--
And I trust an average joe at UT then a Princeton geneticist any day.
You talk about having nothing, but lets be clear, THEY HAVE DNA, PLENTY OF SCAT, PLENTY OF EVERYTHING.
So, lets go over your reading comprehension from my previous post, what assault? hmm?
Yeah I didn't think so, your only excuse and a desperate one at that in the face of a losing battle.
You've got nothing here.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Arnie123

jaffo

Arnie123
reply to post by jaffo

Oh am I open-minded!

--
You talk about having nothing, but lets be clear, THEY HAVE DNA, PLENTY OF SCAT, PLENTY OF EVERYTHING.
So, lets go over your reading comprehension from my previous post, what assault? hmm?
Yeah I didn't think so, your only excuse and a desperate one at that in the face of a losing battle.
You've got nothing here.

Also, please give me the names of the prominent geneticists who stated that the DNA is from an unknown hominid. Give me just one name and a link to where they publicly stated that they have confirmed that Bigfoot DNA was found. Just. One. This is utterly laughable. Please direct me to where ANYONE at ANY TIME has confirmed having wookie scat. I'll wait. And for the record, I really don't have to prove anything here, you do. You are making claims as to evidence that does not exist and ignoring highly qualified individuals who tell you that you are wrong and simply do not understand that you are being had. It is what it is. There is no Bigfoot, get over it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That's cool. When they got one in a zoo I can visit, or watch on a live cam, Ill believe. Until then, I am just a hopeful skeptical. Mainly, I think it would be cool if there are animals that are able to avoid our detection, so finding one would be excellent.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

mcx1942
Hmm, not sure what to think. Watched it a few times and actually find this super intriguing. I believe in the possibility of an unknown hominid that has avoided humanity for the most part throughout it's existence. But so much of the evidence is sketchy at best. Like the part in this video of the 'sleeping squatch', I remember seeing that here a while back and that was 'spose to be earth shattering evidence.

Now I see this new(to me) night vision footage and the &*#$% close up of the FACE!! To good to be true me thinks.

If it is true, watch out for big corporate to cash in, seeing how no one owns the rights to the 'elusive one'...

I want this to be real but not sure...

It did not avoid us lol., otherwise the first bigfoot report would be like now. The BiFoot is probably an species who hae been avoid human conact as best as it could.

That face is quite funny and disturbing, but it looks like more mokey like than human. This probably favors the theory that Bigfoot is less men relate and more Gianophitecus related animal.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

jaffo

Arnie123

jaffo

Arnie123
reply to post by jaffo

Oh am I open-minded!

--
You've got nothing here.

Also, please give me the names of the prominent geneticists who stated that the DNA is from an unknown hominid. Give me just one name and a link to where they publicly stated that they have confirmed that Bigfoot DNA was found. Just. One. This is utterly laughable. Please direct me to where ANYONE at ANY TIME has confirmed having wookie scat. I'll wait. And for the record, I really don't have to prove anything here, you do. You are making claims as to evidence that does not exist and ignoring highly qualified individuals who tell you that you are wrong and simply do not understand that you are being had. It is what it is. There is no Bigfoot, get over it.

--
LOL, struck a nerve have I?
How can I give you the link from blind studies and different labs from various resources? you got the BF_Journal site, is that not enough???
"I really don't have to prove anything here, you do"...You want to rethink that? I believe it is you who are refuting the claims made by that site, so in a sense, you have to prove your claims too, right? Am I missing something here?
Name those Highly qualified individuals, go ahead and name one, because clearly I didn't see any names but, Standford, Princeton scientist.
AGAIN, I already gave you the link, so what of it?
AGAIN, How do you know there is no Bigfoot?
For the record, I WON'T GET OVER IT.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If this was true then they would have shot it with a tracer dart and we would be having live coverage all over the world right now.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If anyone has DNA proof we will see this proof in national geographic or time magazine or some other large audience news channels. We have not seen this proof yet. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. As for now all we have are crap shows like Bigfoot hunters with their high tech gear.
That was sarcasm... I hope they do find proof someday but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Seriously?

Like how much footage did they get? 15 seconds? Why is it all blurry? Surely, if they were out to film an unknown creature they would at least bring a high quality camera with them.

I don't know about people who film "big foot" unexpectedly, but these guys were out there deliberately looking for the beast...and how fortunate for them to find him...sleeping of all things.

As for the DNA evidence...who is the complete authority on such an issue? One biologist says one thing and another says differently....

However, something tells me we won't hear any more of this "DNA".

And what's with the comments of people saying they WANT it to be true? Why?

It's the people who WANT it to be true that go out of their way to make elaborate hoax's.

Just saying....

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

jaffo
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Sorry, but no. There is ZERO DNA evidence. It's just that simple. People aren't rejecting it because the dreaded powers that be are hiding wookies from you, they are rejecting it because they know what they are doing and they can tell it's garbage. I know you want to think you know something someone else doesn't but that's just not the case. There is ZERO actual evidence to support the existence of bigfoot. Every single claim of DNA has been found to be fraud or error.

Are you a descendant of a BF who is trying to assimilate into modern human culture and want the secret of your species kept....LOL....because that's the feeling I get....almost!

No DNA evidence says WHO? Some of the same people who you state "know what they are doing" have said that there IS DNA evidence. So it comes down to a matter of which side you rather stand on. You choose to stand on the side of the people with their hands over their eyes yelling, "no such thing".

I mean I seriously want to know what the conspiracy is here? I KNOW BF exist because I've seen one on a military base. The F&W confirmed that they know of them and HAVE known of them.

I'm actually going to create a thread concerning something I think is holding a lot of people hostage...the terms: evidence and skeptic. It's like people hold the title of "skeptic" as if it's a badge on their uniform now. I mean...it takes a SPECIAL type of arrogance and cynicism to suppose ALL these reports are from liars or people who don't know what a bear on two legs look like!!!

Takes a special type of arrogance or ignorance...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

jaffo

DZAG Wright

Blue Shift
Come on people. This "evidence" is crap. You can almost go blind trying to pick Bigfoot faces out of the pixels in these lousy videos and photos. And you can get close-ups of a sleeping Bigfoot for 30 seconds but no longer, and you couldn't wake it up and get it to walk around so we can see the whole body? Nope. Confusing close-up or blurry long shot. Nothing in-between.

DNA evidence? Okay, fine. Let's see it. Let's get a peer review; do it right. Otherwise:

Would you chance waking a creature which when angry with humans kills them by twisting their head off like a coke bottle? Or would you be as still and quite as you can so you can make it home to your family? Careful with your answer because until you're in that situation you can't accurately answer this.

Please show us all the evidence that ANY person at ANY point in time has EVER had his or her head twisted of by a wookie. And I don't want t story from some native american of 600 years ago, I want pics or a police report or a coroner's report. Proof, please.

A special type of arrogant you are...

So we just begun to exist when we created police reports, coroner reports, cameras, huh? Before that...all that happened before that.....I guess................................................can be said never happened huh?

What makes you and your ilk so high that what a native American said 600 years ago is trash to you?

As I said...I'm going to prepare a well thought out thread regarding evidence. People such as yourself are basically turning yourselves into computers! As humans we are supposed to be able to use common sense even when evidence isn't available as it won't always be.

Takes a SPECIAL type of arrogance indeed...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Are you aware of the process Melba used? In short she sent the samples to outside labs for testing. If the dna was an identified species as you suggest....how come the results from those labs didn't come back as "possum"? How come labs were asking her what had she sent them?

I'm not even a big conspiracy guy but this is just plain blatant!

Reminds me of a fictional book I read a while back. The jist was there were a species of human that were wild. They had been breeding with modern man for centuries to lose their wild and frightening appearance. They had been successful to the point that they had descendents who were congressmen, police, etc. These hybrids in high places worked HARD to keep the secret from the modern humans. I can't remember much more because I read this book way back in the 80's!

Hmmm...makes me wonder...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Don't know about the DNA, but the video is definitely not right.
As seen before in the thread, it very much looks like a chewbacca mask, then the rest of the footage is short, blurry (lack of zooming and focusing knowledge with the equipment?) and generally unavailable as raw files, as in the actual video file, full resolution, with audio. We have p2p, so distributing it is not difficult, if its a few GB's.
On Adrian Ericksons site, there are links to the videos on youtube. The face one is a joke, 2 seconds, 7 seconds of night vision.

Basically, put up or shut up situation, there is no viable excuse for the full video not to be available, from the start of filming, no matter how irrelevant, to the sightings.
If its genuine, the footage will have been backed up, stored safely.
Although, the footage, to me seems fabricated anyway, but still, they claim its real, so they should no qualms about providing it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Technically, if they enjoy camping and blew through the $500k and needed more money then what better way to raise money online really quickly then to provide "footage" of a BigFoot. I don't know what to think of this video but I would not be shocked when it is stated to be a hoax.

Naturally they would say that the expert didn't know what he was talking about and it would bring attention to their little project which could help them raise another $500k and go back into the woods to do some more camping, presumeably fishing, and who knows what else.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

I really don't wont them poked prodded and tranked. I guess I'm more empathetic toward something closely related. Assuming all the footage out there isn't people in round about attention seekers :/

BTW I seen pics of where this group has collected some of there DNA samples including hair and tissue and it was pretty cool like spiral huts made from sticks much like others depecited in other big foot videos.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

DZAG Wright
I KNOW BF exist because I've seen one on a military base. The F&W confirmed that they know of them and HAVE known of them.

No, you personally believe bigfoot exists because you have seen one. Like people all over the globe have for centuries before bigfoot became popular, yet not one has been found, anywhere, ever. Has it occurred to you the possibility that something that doesn'e require "undiscovered species" as the cause, could be happening here? Something that isn't understood as yet? All of the facts so far point to this.

it takes a SPECIAL type of arrogance and cynicism to suppose ALL these reports are from liars or people who don't know what a bear on two legs look like!!!

Some people might be full of it, some mistaken, some honest and quite sure of what they have seen. Yet science doesn't work that way. Anecdotes need to be validated. Nothing has gone anywhere near doing this, so far. By clinging to the idea it is an undiscovered biological species and offering rubbish like this, it just opens the door for charlatans and holds back a search for other possible reasons people might see these things.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am confused here. Why are we even debating any type of evidence from these clowns when they are trying to pass off a wookie mask as bigfoot?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

For those interested in bigfoot being a real entity
here's a video I found of possible vocalizations:

this is not from the Erickson Project

edit on 6-10-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Happy sounds sounded a lot like a guy belching lol

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join