It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGFOOT is REAL New Bigfoot Evidence Screened As Expert Claims Proof Of Existence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ok I firmly believe in the existence of Bigfoot. That said I am also a die hard StarWars fan. I own a Chewbacca costume.

The clip that shows the head turning is no doubt a Chewie mask. The features are EXACTLY the same. Look at the nose for goodness sake!

There is absolutely no movement in the facial features at all. There are so many moving parts of a face, something, at least the mouth should show some movement during that time frame. It remains frozen in a mouth half open state.

Obviously I can't tell the validity of any of the other clips, as they are mostly all too blurry, dark or far away to tell anything.

I want real footage so bad. But I really hate people that hoax these things. It only further makes a joke of the field. Shame on those scientists for backing this one.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Lyderdanair because: Misspelled Star Wars... Duh

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The group spent 5 years, and over $500,000

Right? Because these guys of t he "big foot genome project", couldnt create a realistic fake video with all that time and money? The night vision footage could easily be one the men walking in a suit. The shot of this 'creature' sleeping, could easily be a man in a suit. The creature wasnt even that big!

There is no F'ing way a man is going to creep up on a Yeti or whatever, in the middle of the woods, while its sleeping. I'm sure the sounds of breaking twigs and such as they were approaching would of woke it up, and it would of got pissed and defensive.

$500,000? Sounds like enough money to spend on a good suit, camping equipment, video equipment...

Im calling HOAX

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lyderdanair

I am sorry. I would love to believe in Bigfoot. I think the idea alone is amazing.

The videos I just watched... that was a guy in a suit. Did you see how he walked? Like he was uncomfortable walking. If a human was shoved in a suit and thrown into the woods at night. A creature would have looked more natural in it's own skin.

Also that weird side shot looked like really crappy makeup from the 80's. Fake facial hair easily.

This is an elaborate hoax.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Honestly not even that elaborate when it comes to the videos. You would think these researchers would have had to go through enough fake vids by now that they would know what NOT to do.

If I put my mind to it I'm sure I could create a much more believable clip. I never would because it's the kind of thing drunk ass hats do and I don't drink.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by inquisitive1977

inquisitive1977
reply to post by Spider879

If true amazing, although I have to doubt this. Would be nice to see something published on the supposed DNA evidence. To me those videos are not convincing alone, the DNA evidence if true would be awesome.

here is the dna study for everyone to have a gander!
I hope this is the real deal,would be great to finally have confirmation DNA study results and a video with a little commentary

edit on 10/3/2013 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Bigfoot is not real.

We've explored space, Mars, the moon, and the deepest part of the oceans. I think that if there was a humanoid mammal walking around with us, we'd know by now. I'm ashamed of the human race every time I hear or see someone talking about Bigfoot. How stupid do you have to be to think that some huge slow gorilla looking humanoid has evaded observation for thousands of years, esp in this new age of technology and surveillance?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nice pics of a guy in a suit

If bigfoot was real. He'd of been killed by now and trophied up by some trigger happy backwoodsman.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That link was funny. Something about how no human could push his lower jaw out like that. Lol! Ever seen Forest Gump? It looks like Bubba!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Fapomet

Bigfoot is not real.

We've explored space, Mars, the moon, and the deepest part of the oceans. I think that if there was a humanoid mammal walking around with us, we'd know by now. I'm ashamed of the human race every time I hear or see someone talking about Bigfoot. How stupid do you have to be to think that some huge slow gorilla looking humanoid has evaded observation for thousands of years, esp in this new age of technology and surveillance?

Next time you are on a plane, look out the window when you fly over the Rockies or Sierra Nevada mountains. There's thousands of miles of nothing up there. I suppose you also think we've seen all there is to see on Mars, in the ocean and on the moon as well?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Having looked at the video clip, the following can be stated:

Before we go and make a judgement about if this is real or not, the question would be, can the evidence stand up to independent scientific analysist? After all these people are asking the general population to come to the belief and conclusion that this is a real creature. However, not seeing any evidence it makes one wonder.

The wonders of technology are fantastic, they can do things that years ago would be in the realm of either criminal or science fiction, and this also is one that should give us pause to think. Documentation is key and ultimately, for it to be proven, it has to be conclusive. While DNA evidence is essential, it is not proof. And the Video that they are showing are suspect, as they did not answer or reveal one small keep piece of information, where would such a creature belong in the tree of life? What is its closest realitive and how do we know?

The reason why I say that the video is suspect, is that what is shown walking, looks like a person in a costume, the gate and stance, is what every one would look at, and ultimately there needs to be correlating evidence that goes along with it, to include pictures of the foot print, height markers to indicate its size with pictures of the researcher standing next to said marker.

Things like that goes alot further with the claim of its real, than just vague stuff.

So till those come out or an actual body, verified by several labs and scientists, it is nice to think that there are some mysteries left in the world, but until then, we have to wait and watch.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm so tired of all the closed minded people on this planet. I'm tired of hearing people claim they know better when they know squat. I'm tired of hearing people yell "hoax" during every single turn in their life. I'm tired of it, sick of it. This site, in particular, is rife with overconfident slack jawed gawkers who could never come up with one ounce of credibility even if their life depended on it. The same slack jawed gawkers who spawned from generations of "flat earthers" The same people who would immediately drop their nonsensical contradictions as soon as their "peers" say it's ok to do so.

Sure, I'll get flamed for this. Call me credulous, call me naive call me what you will. I don't care because at the end of the day I don't have to worry of what people think of me. There is comfort in that. So go on kicking your can all the way to the "back patters" because it's only there you will find acceptance. If you ever decided to climb out of that box you've been conditioned to sit in and actually think for yourself, then, and only then, can we ever get out of the 15th century.

S&F OP.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just read the article and was headed this direction to post it guess I didn't make it. Pretty interesting stuff but nothing really new in the form of claims and "supposed" proof. Until I see a full corpse or I have one standing in my back yard, I think I'll always be a skeptic. The question remains that so many of the sightings and reports come from credible, intelligent, well-educated people, could they all be lying or misinterpreting? Somehow that seems just as far fetched as their existence.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Lyderdanair

Fapomet

Bigfoot is not real.

Next time you are on a plane, look out the window when you fly over the Rockies or Sierra Nevada mountains. There's thousands of miles of nothing up there. I suppose you also think we've seen all there is to see on Mars, in the ocean and on the moon as well?

I never insinuated any such thing, if you read carefully. I just said we've been to those places.

Obviously we don't know all the species alive even on our own Earth, however, a giant humanoid gorilla is not one of those unknown species. If there was a humanoid gorilla living on Mars, we would have detected it by now, hypothetically speaking of course, assuming Mars had an atmosphere, etc...I'm just saying, all it would take to prove Bigfoot exists is a DNA sample. ALL it would take is ONE HAIR, or one pile of steamy Bigfoot dung, or a dead body, a fossil, ANYTHING! And the fact that we haven't encountered or scientifically proven that any of those things exist, not one hair or fossil or dead body mind you, means that it %100 doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Fapomet

Lyderdanair

Fapomet

Bigfoot is not real.

I never insinuated any such thing, if you read carefully. I just said we've been to those places.

Obviously we don't know all the species alive even on our own Earth, however, a giant humanoid gorilla is not one of those unknown species. If there was a humanoid gorilla living on Mars, we would have detected it by now, hypothetically speaking of course, assuming Mars had an atmosphere, etc...I'm just saying, all it would take to prove Bigfoot exists is a DNA sample. ALL it would take is ONE HAIR, or one pile of steamy Bigfoot dung, or a dead body, a fossil, ANYTHING! And the fact that we haven't encountered or scientifically proven that any of those things exist, not one hair or fossil or dead body mind you, means that it %100 doesn't exist.

But there is DNA evidence... The problem is that there is no other DNA like it to compare to. There are plenty of hair samples out there. Read the report.

I agree the video clips are fake. It's a bummer because it just damages the credibility of what would have been a fairly compelling bit of evidence.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hey you kids,

Just thought I would throw this out there so you have something to chew on.

Those boneheads that hoaxed the "sleeping Matilda" bigfoot video (2005)used a simple air-bladder system (think Ferris Buehller's Day Off "sick day" scene where he fakes his own body in bed using balloons)to hoax "Matilda's" "breathing".

That's how sick these dudes are.

It's fake, really, really fake.

Plus, Han Solo would never just abandon Chewbacca in the Kentucky woods like that.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

boncho
You get close enough to watch him walk around and sleep in the bushes you can't shoot him with a tranq dart?

... or take a decent picture.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Arnie123

jonnywhite
I LOVE the comment attached to the linked article that says "DNA evidence proves Bigfoot is blurry in real life." or something. That got me chuckling.

Is this in the same category as Jeff Meldrum, calibre-wise? According to the link, Todd R. Disotell says Dr. Melba Ketchum and the rest of em are a laughing stock and wacko. Are they?

It's not great science and it's not peer reviewed science, so it's not science, is it?

What you think? Are people like Jeff Meldrum crazy or delusional? And can Jeff Meldrum be compared to Dr. Melba Ketchum? Or are they not in the same league?
edit on 3-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

--
If you go to the link, you'll see an update that it has passed peer review, as far as Jan of this year.
Give this a chance, are you here on ATS to debunk? or converse with other like minded individuals on something that has fascinated us since childhood, to be able to talk about things that you normally wouldn't talk about with people not in this same circle.

This material HAS NOT passed peer review. Dr. Ketchum published her own magazine reviewing her own work and she is now calling that peer review, which it of course is not.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but has anyone tied the giant skeletons that have been found throughout the world to Bigfoot yet ?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Lyderdanair

Fapomet

Lyderdanair

Fapomet

Bigfoot is not real.

But there is DNA evidence... The problem is that there is no other DNA like it to compare to. There are plenty of hair samples out there. Read the report.

I agree the video clips are fake. It's a bummer because it just damages the credibility of what would have been a fairly compelling bit of evidence.

No, there IS NOT DNA evidence. The claimed evidence was garbage. It was a mixture of known creatures and did not stand up to actual testing. There is not an unknown 8 foot gorilla roaming around the Americas. The video you are looking at is as fake as the one put out by Rick Dyer last year. These people take donations from the gullible and then churn out garbage like this to "prove" that they aren't committing fraud. To see how this goes, check out the "Bigfoot" page on FB. You can go through the entire Rick Dyer saga related to "Shooting Bigfoot" and see how this typically plays out. H-O-A-X.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Painfully obvious question: If you could get video, why would you not be able to tag one? To get clear unadulterated DNA? To set up a trailcam and film them on a regular basis? Produce a body? Produce dung? The answer is obvious...because the videos are fake. --facepalm--

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join