It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate $-MONEY-$

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes. It's true the idea of and how it is the backbone of our everyday lives sickens me to the point of projectile vomiting on $100 bills. Let us begin.

First a little song. Monty from Tiny Toon Adventures.

As a kid I remember watching this episode and thinking nothing of it I loved it in fact. Every time I would earn money in the many ways little boys do, paper boy, mowing lawns and such I would think of this song. Then I grew up (sorta) got a real job, pay rent, buy food, cigarettes, booze, wine & dine a pretty young lady and it was all sunshine and farts until I started digging.

I wanted more money and noticed that the Phat Kats in expensive suits did not seem to do much of anything to get filthy rich, some did yes either by hard work or inventing a snuggie or something but it got me thinking why the hell does this Phat kat here wipe his arse with dollar bills and the homeless dude across the street cannot even eat. Then came the video on Modern Money Mechanics. It is part of a little movie called Zeitgeist Addendum most people have seen or heard about it I'm not here to argue your feelings on the movie as a whole just the money part. Here is the best explanation of how our money works it is informative and horrific at the same time.

What Makes Money Valuable? In the United States neither paper curren cy nor deposits have value as commodities. Intrinsically, a dollar bill is just a piece of paper, deposits merely book entries. Coins do have some intrinsic value as metal, but generally far less than their face value. What, then, makes these instruments - che cks, paper money, and coins - acceptable at face value in payment of all debts and for other monetary uses? Mainly, it is the confidence people have that they will be able to exchange such money for other financial assets and for real goods and services whenever they choose to do so.

Modern Money Mechanics Full Doc pdf

I was in the shower at some point and it hit me, ever single thing you or I do costs money. Everything think about it what are you doing right now? On the computer you are using the internet which you pay for or if you steal wi-fi it's still being paid for, having a shower your using hot water which you pay for, driving, walking that road is paid for, food and drink, try to do something without spending any money either yours or someone else including government funding of things.

Because of this stupid backwards idea of Money=Debt & Debt=Money we are killing any hope of having a society that helps each other and moves forward with the idea of being the best they can be. It WILL NOT happen simply because you need to pay rent or a mortgage or save up for that new shiny thing apple is selling. Then lets say you hit the jack pot $26,000,000,000 bam in your bank account right now! What would you do? Put it in a bank and then live the dream you always wanted, oh sure if your a kind person maybe donate to a charity buy that guy on the corner a Big Mac every week, but the fact will always remain that money makes the world go round. Being a billionaire now you have more important things to do like Las Vegas, water front mansions, hookers and blow....

Spend your adult life working 8+ hours a day to earn a life worth living, BS is what it is. Here is my idea for a happy human population. Every human on this planet has the god given right to Food, Water and Shelter for life! If you think this goal is unattainable let me remind you that we have plenty of food to go around, we are over producing food in north america because the machine must continue sell! sell! sell! profit must be bigger and better than the year before, yet people are starving to death because they cannot afford the food, bloody insanity is what it is.

*Need more whiskey*

Okay my glass is full of good ol' Canadian whiskey. Hope you enjoy my rant I look forward to comments.
In the mean time Burn It Down!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, I'll tell ya OP. If money offends thee so badly that you vomit explosively? (So much for making some beef stew later on that thought...lol) then I'll offer a suggestion.

I know of a hole out in the woods. Some idiots think it's a Rabbit hole, but I assure you, it's a bottomless pit for disposal of valuables. Cash certainly works too. There is absolutely no chance it will bother you again once thrown down there. Gone forever it will be.

I'm only thinking of your health and happiness here. You may consider just casting off all that evil loot. The hole always has room for more to vanish.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hate how in the US we have the slogan 'land of the free'.

Pffft, how free is taxes, rent, bills ect.??

True, I have about 4 hours a day of free time 5 days a week and two days off from work but even within that time frame there is little precious time to get much done. I think the slogan should be changed to 'land of the overwork and underpaid'. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit! I might take you up on the offer but how far does your rabbit hole go? I feel I am in a deep one already.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
But..but..but.....You need money to buy that Whiskey.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I know right! $23.00 later I'm on ats. I may need a life....... but thats what you my ats friends are for right? right......

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Show me that hole Wrabbit! Does it really exist, or have you just come up with the newest conspiracy theory???

As far as I know, you have to have money to live. (at least in the US) No money? How do you buy land to grow food, built a shanty to live on etc. etc......

As I have been saying for the past few years, "How can America, claim it is free, when without money you will starve to death or die of exposure?"

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Buy an RV go to the desert cook..um "cookies" then sell those "cookies" for money.

Brake some Bad

Not just in the US in the poorest of poor villages in Africa or India medical help is avalible vaccines and all but they can't afford it! so too bad can't pay the fee die in the street kid sorry...
edit on 2-10-2013 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Come on now...............I am talking about being able to live without breaking the law! *Wink*

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
LOL

Stinking reality...At least we have good old ATS to distract us from for a bit.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

mcx1942
LOL

Stinking reality...At least we have good old ATS to distract us from for a bit.

I keep getting that question bouncing in my head, "What would McGyver do?" We get older, more beat up and lose track or pass up opportunities/options. Great avatar considering the subject matter...

IF unluckier, the lack of that liquidity can trap you enough to not being able to get out there and even work for someone else.
Lately the culture here has been anti- small business.. more depenency yet. Jeez I'm a puddle of happiness and light tonight...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Agent008
reply to post by rickymouse

I know right! $23.00 later I'm on ats. I may need a life....... but thats what you my ats friends are for right? right......

Half the price of a decent bottle of whiskey down here.

What are you whinging aboot. Ya bladdered geezer..

Imagine your plonk cost you near $50 and then not only would you still be on ats, but $50 down the gurgler. To complain about that loot.

PS I too hate money. But I am not sure why. Send me all of yours so I can investigate my issues with proper consideration. Ta!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Congratulations for figuring it out and thank you to Zeitgeist for pointing it out.

The money - debt based system has run its course and is in its death throes, thank you geebus!

So what do you do while you're waiting for it all to blow itself up, which looks like it will be pretty soon?

Find a way to make your own money rather than begging for a job; learn a skill, grow food (see aquaponics for that one, it's new and really cool), provide a service, learn to use your mind and your hands. It's the poor slobs who have never learned anything other than 'getting a job' that will be hurt the most.

Meanwhile, contemplate what Alex Collier's alien friend is said to have commented,

"I still don't understand why you need money to live on the planet you were born on...."

Apparently they didn't have religions on these highly evolved, managed to not-blow-themselves-up planets, either.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I agree with your rant.

But I also agree with simple facts... One fact - the USG and FED started the fiat crap AFTER Europe did. USG wanted to stay a key player. We were better at it than they were...that is why the dollar won (a hella huge military helped too).

Everyone has a right to Food, Shelter, Etc...but everyone has a right to 'Common Sense.'

....if there is a problem that prevents you from your rights - fight for it. Humans have been fighting for their rights forever.

Money allows you to be productive and purchase other productive peoples stuff.

Sure, you can barter...but if your trade item isn't what they want - you can't barter with them. Enjoy being hungry...hope you don't have a family.

Money enables YOU to trade your crappy items others don't want.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Nah, you just need a new life.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Agent008
Yes. It's true the idea of and how it is the backbone of our everyday lives sickens me to the point of projectile vomiting on $100 bills. Let us begin.

First a little song. Monty from Tiny Toon Adventures.

As a kid I remember watching this episode and thinking nothing of it I loved it in fact. Every time I would earn money in the many ways little boys do, paper boy, mowing lawns and such I would think of this song. Then I grew up (sorta) got a real job, pay rent, buy food, cigarettes, booze, wine & dine a pretty young .....

*Need more whiskey*

Okay my glass is full of good ol' Canadian whiskey. Hope you enjoy my rant I look forward to comments.
In the mean time Burn It Down!

Ya I know what you mean. Money is suppose to be nothing more than a representation of value. But how is it fair that tptb can just print money? The thing you have to realize is they could care less about money. It's not even high on there agenda, especially since they own printing presses that can print off as much as they want of it. It's in endless supply to them. And anything we do money flows from us to them. If they had there way the act of breathing would be taxable which they're working on. I suppose it's a catch 22 though. Because if we knew at age 18 what we know about the system now, we would never have wanted to participate at all. We would never have went and got any kind of career or done anythign what so ever to end up getting on the radar knowing what a trap it all is. It's the way the enslave us basically.

But again it's like you have to do something right. And the act of doing anything career or job wise means you're "adding value". And so if you're adding value then you expect some value to flow back in a direct mannor. So that's where money comes in. It's just a representation of value.

I wouldn't say money is evil at all. It's just a representation of value. And basically to live in a modern society you generally need money. I mean you can try living without it, but that's a very hard life. Like living off the land and or living off the street or off the system. It's not easy at all.

Plus the fact that realistically we were commissioned by God to work for our daily bread. So it's good to keep busy. it's almost harder to say home and do nothing than it is to go to work in some way. But I think realistically people should try and develop income producing assets. So say you have a vending machine out ther somewhere, or say a rental property. That asset is making you money around the clock. that's a much easier way to make money than having to physically go to work for 8 hours a day. Your no longer trading your time for money.

As far as everyone having a god given right to food water and shelter... for free??? NO way get real !!! Thats' insane. That's saying that there should be something for nothing. When you boil it right down to the absolute physics it's impossible. Like someone catches 2 fish, but they're suppose to give you 1 for nothing??? Why would they? No, you have to offer something back. So you offer them a loaf of bread that you made for the fish and you exchange, it's an equal exchange of value. That's how modern society works. Only that it's housed in money. So you can't barter perfectly so that's where money comes in. It represents value so the barter can be more percise in terms of the value exchange. The only people that should get something for nothing are those in society who have a valid excuse not to be working. And there are tons of people that are too old, to slow, to sick, too whatever to work. So we cut them some slack and give them welfare so they wont' starve. I understand and agree with that. It makes sense. But no way if you're able bodied then you should be working in some meaningful way.

But ya I remember back in the day I was a bit of a businessman. Frack it's hard though. It's so competitive out there. Now I'm starting over from scratch. Fracking rediculous how the tides can turn. One moment you're on top of the world, next moment it's ALL GONE and you're left scratching your head thinking "oh man goodness what the hell happened????". And you're broke. It's insane. I can totally see why some people just cant handle it and they lose it. I mean the stress and regret and worry and all that it's enough to drive one mad! Oh the joys of the capitalist economy. But I think life goes up, then down, then back up etc etc. So when you're down it's okay, things will eventually go back up, and you probably don't even have to do a whole lot for that to happen. it's just how life seems to work. Anyway enough said

NOW FOR ANOTHER CANADIAN WHISKEY!!! YA BABY
edit on 3-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

So that whiskey you drink, you destil it yourself?

You grow the grains to make it?

In a moneyless society, you'd have to either make it or trade (barter) something for it, or barter ingredients to make it.

So what do you offer in return?

And, in this moneyless utopia you describe, where working for 8 hours a day is non existent, what do you do every day? How will you eat?

You can't go buy food, so you'll have to hunt for it, gather it or trade for it in return for your particular skills.

I don't think whinging about money on the internet will be a viable trade for you my friend, so you'll either die or 'work' just to survive.

You hate money yet probably don't have the necessary skills to survive without it!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Like this, Watch and learn my son.

new topics

top topics

join