It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOGLE HATES EFFICIENCY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
(YouTube is owned by Google...if you didn't know)
(Also, everything I'm talking about is what you'll see if you're logged in on Google. I don't know nor do I care what it looks like when you're not logged in.......unless somehow it's better. In that case I better stop logging in, but I'm pretty sure it's just as bad, maybe worse....)

Anyway...

Have you noticed what's changed on YouTube since the last update? Have you noticed certain options now require MORE CLICKS to get to? It's true. For example, changing the video quality used to take TWO clicks, but now it takes THREE CLICKS! Turning on/off annotations used to take ONE click, but now it takes TWO CLICKS! WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON HERE! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINKS MORE CLICKS IS BETTER?!?!? ISN'T AN UPDATE SUPPOSED TO BRING BETTER EFFICIENCY?!?!?!

As for Google's new homepage/search page redesign......let's just say it has suffered the same fate, no surprise. There used to be a toolbar at the top of Google's homepage which had many features which could be brought forth in ONE CLICK. With this redesign the only options REMAINING that require ONE CLICK are Google Plus, Gmail, and Images. Everything else requires TWO CLICKS to get to by clicking "Apps" (looks like a 3x3 grid) and then clicking what you want. I used to see "News" right before my eyes on the homepage, but now I have to click TWO DAMN TIMES TO GET TO GOOGLE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'D LOVE TO STRANGLE THE PERSON WHO THOUGHT REQUIRING MORE CLICKS WAS A GOOD IDEA!!! The search page that appears when you perform a Google search luckily has more options accessible in only one click, but this doesn't matter because the problem is that the HOMEPAGE should have these same options ONE CLICK AWAY. I shouldn't have to perform a search to have "Google News" accessible in one click! I also shouldn't have to click "Apps" and then "News" to get to Google News! GOOGLE NEWS SHOULD BE RIGHT THERE IN PLAIN SIGHT AT THE TOP OF GOOGLE'S HOMEPAGE LIKE IT USED TO BE!

How you feel about these issues all depends on what you use in the first place. Maybe you got lucky and the features you want to access still require ONLY ONE CLICK. I wasn't so lucky and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. There's no excuse for what they did with YouTube. It's honestly baffling. As for the Google Homepage and search page....it's just as baffling. No matter what the case is, the fact still remains that Google's recent updates have only added more clicks. They did not decrease the amount of clicks needed in any way at all, ONLY INCREASED THEM!

GOOGLE HATES EFFICIENCY, and don't you forget it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Don't you know? It's a pay-per-click model!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Pay per click model in terms of how many times a video gets viewed or an ad gets clicked. Changing the quality of the video has nothing to do with the "pay per click model". Besides, nobody has to load a different page in order to get to what they want (at least in these cases). Everything occurs on the same page. You just have to bring up more tabs on the same page.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

SeriousIndividual
reply to post by greencmp

Pay per click model in terms of how many times a video gets viewed or an ad gets clicked. Changing the quality of the video has nothing to do with the "pay per click model". Besides, nobody has to load a different page in order to get to what they want (at least in these cases). Everything occurs on the same page. You just have to bring up more tabs on the same page.

That was a joke or it was supposed to be anyway, hence the lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

greencmp

Don't you know? It's a pay-per-click model!

Someone sure got paid for designing each click. That's as funny as it is scary. People actually get paid to design things like that. Ewwww..... Darwin in reverse.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Now that was a good rant. "I feel your pain". I have written google before telling them to stop fixing what isn't broken, but their staff evidently feels the need to make an impression, so as to be worth their pay.

edit on 10/2/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I agree, especially concerning that abortion they've now got for changing the bitrate!!!
I pay by the MB so I mostly select the low bitrates, then 10 minutes later I notice IT CHANGED ITSELF BACK TO HIGH BITRATE!! and it did so AFTER I clicked it several times because it doesn't seem to want me to select low bitrate.

I agree about the news being missing too.

All part of the program I suppose, we're being trained like monkeys.
edit on 2-10-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Some of those users weren't happy. "Since it was the 'people' that made YouTube, why aren't they being paid billions?" wrote a user named winofiend. "Please don't let our community be destroyed!" wrote Pookieftw. "Preserve the freeness of this site. Please," wrote Poloinspace.

Others were in favour. Renetto replied to winofiend with sarcasm: "You actually learnt how to post a video on your own website. This is breaking news."

Google owns Youtube?? I never kn.. oh wait..

Shut up Renetto. You pillock
I am still waiting for my billions...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

well..

I nearly lost my new job today because I didn't enable 'spam' folder to show my spam and it stuffws a new hire packet in there ...................

yea.. talk about being seriously pissed off..

top topics

join