It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Networks Embrace ‘Catastrophic’ Warnings of Latest IPCC Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The MSM Networks have gone hog nuts with the global warming IPCC sensationalism.

CBS allegedly said something about a 212 degree temperature rise !!!

Have they all lost their minds ?

Why can't somebody get this right for once ?

ABC swipes at skeptics, while CBS airs ‘irresponsible’ claim about temperatures rising 212 degrees.

The UN’s climate panel (IPCC) released its latest warning about "catastrophic" climate change on Sept. 27, garnering the frantic attention of all three broadcast networks that night. CBS even aired a claim about temperatures rising “more than 200 degrees."

Predictably, the evening news shows on ABC, CBS and NBC Sept. 27 repeated the IPCC’s dire warnings without including any skeptics and without mentioning past failures such as their inability to accurately predict warming or sea level rise.

ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer,” NBC “Nightly News” and CBS “Evening News” all failed to include criticism of the IPCC with the exception of a swipe against “skeptics” on ABC. NBC continued to link weather events like Hurricane Sandy to climate change while CBS aired a statistic that one scientist called “meaningless.”

IPCC B.S. ?

Maybe Loretta knows?
"Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter"

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But you did get it right.. they have indeed gone around the bend. And the tires are smokin' .
I might buy a quarter-point (or.21 F) for the change, but Holy Henhouse, fox-guy.. flip me I'm done on this side. JHC.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh MY!

Well here we are in the sunny okanagan/smilkameen. And, its normally a lovely fall. But alas, we have snow on the mountains and an icy bitter drizzle, that is at least 1 month early, if not more. For in reality, while growing up in the Okanagan, there was maybe snow by Halloween, 2 or 3 times in my life, and only one year was it snowing heavy in November that I can recall as an adult.

I would call this a mini ice age, except I don't let them capture my consciousness, so in the face of cold, I envision sunshine, and warmth, and wearing cutoffs.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
While I am not entirely convinced of Global Warming. I am completely 100% convinced of climate change due to human activities and Human impact on the Environment.

Throughout time there have been ignorant beliefs that humans have had little impact on the earth and that the world was source of inexhaustible resources both geological and natural. This by its very nature is a false belief to which Civilizations have fallen because they depleted or polluted their resources.

The debates happening about Global Warming and climate change remind me of The Great Dust Bowl Debates debates. There were people who believed (there are those that still do) that this was a natural cycle and humans had no impact what so ever. Yet there were those that could see what we were doing was severely impacting the climate and soil. We payed a heavy price back then until things got so bad people were forced to leave their homes and demanded something be done! The economic tolls were tremendous and continued the depression. It wasn't until President Roosevelt took action did it start to abate.

History must repeat itself it seems...

We will Change, but my fear is that it will be too late unlike the Dust Bowl there are tipping points that may be impossible for us to turn back from. Like a car sitting balanced on a cliff ready to plummet once it starts to fall you can't put it in reverse...

There are somewhere around 590 million cars in the world today and I wont go into how much exaust they put out, nor how many buses, trains, and planes all adding pollutants into the Atmosphere.

It is folly to think humans do not have an impact and even more ridiculous to wait until we HAVE to do something about it. Why people are not more concerned about getting rid of fossil fuels is beyond me(well we all know The Voice or other distractions are more important), and that is not even bringing up the wars that are fought over them...

Think about this our world is much like a fishbowl something that is hard for most people to imagine. All they see are such wide open spaces and not the world as it really is. We do not get NEW air, or New Oceans, we live in a Bubble a very large bubble but still an "closed environment".

I am curious how many people would start their car in a Garage leave it running and then go sit in it?
Why not? There is plenty of air in a Garage right?

Think about the logic, eventually you will have enough cars in the big enclosed Garage that Earth is becoming.

Would you go and sit in that running car sitting in an enclosed garage?

Any takers?
edit on 2-10-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

While I'd say the pollution, the scaring of the land, contamination of water, etc. are awful and we should look after the Earth better, I don't think CO2, from humans, is such a big problem, and to put things in perspective you need to realise just how much mother Nature contributes to atmospheric levels.

200 million tons per year of coal has burned underground naturally for million years

www.climateimc.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Hmmm.

Why can't they harness that energy ?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Never fails. The "news" cannot be trusted with science.
Anyone actually read the report? Because they certainly didn't.

Nutshell...Yes, global temperatures are rising. Yes, it is a result of human activity. Will it be catastrophic? Well, no. Not for quite a while (90...100...150 years) and not if anything is done about it. Will it get unpleasant in the nearer term? Yes, quite unpleasant. Can anything be done about that? Yes, but it is highly unlikely that it will be because...well...it's too hard and people don't like to do things that are too hard.
www.ipcc.ch...
edit on 10/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Psychology papers alone indicate there's no way we're going to hold to 2C warming.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

xuenchen
The MSM Networks have gone hog nuts with the global warming IPCC sensationalism.

CBS allegedly said something about a 212 degree temperature rise !!!

Have they all lost their minds ?

Why can't somebody get this right for once ?

Nope, they are actors spewing forth what is written on an auto cue.

But like all main stream news sources, stories are written by people who don't have a clue about anything other than how to eloquently write... in some cases not even that.

In this case I see something else... As the recent figures have shown that the IPCC climate model of 2007 is completely wrong based upon current observations, questions are being asked as to why that is...

Personally I think the climate model built in 2007 was bang on the money and we are covertly working to counter it's effects.

But that still leaves the questions of why IPCC got it so wrong...

So we get news stories like this to discredit the IPCC so people think they got the model so wrong because they are incompetent.

My opinion but this story does tie in very well with this method damage limitation.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Phage
Never fails. The "news" cannot be trusted with science.
Anyone actually read the report? Because they certainly didn't.

Nutshell...Yes, global temperatures are rising. Yes, it is a result of human activity. Will it be catastrophic? Well, no. Not for quite a while (90...100...150 years) and not if anything is done about it. Will it get unpleasant in the nearer term? Yes, quite unpleasant. Can anything be done about that? Yes, but it is highly unlikely that it will be because...well...it's too hard and people don't like to do things that are too hard.
www.ipcc.ch...
edit on 10/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Temps aren't rising. Opposite if anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Unity_99

I agree, Seems you're right.

Definitively no Al Gorian catastrophe yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

swanne

Unity_99

I agree, Seems you're right.

Definitively no Al Gorian catastrophe yet.

I think this effect is caused by Global Dimming... and I proposed in a thread I created, that this could be the purpose of Chemtrails.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Indeed.

Dimming was after all what caused 1816's global cooling (along with other factors of course).

new topics

top topics

join