It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just really read this? Julia Ioffe is advocating military seige of congress on newrepublic.com

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yes, they are. I'm afraid Congress is doing reckless damage and neither side has the least bit of eagerness to bend, in order to end it. Nope.. Egos are too big by far for anyone to deal when a deal is what is REQUIRED when ideology runs about 50/50 down the middle in our nation. NEITHER side seems to appreciate that for the simple life requirement here of giving a bit to get a bit.

There just isn't a choice unless either side will really, willingly, take this to collapse to start over. Truly start over. Then, If THAT is the actual plan (not a chance) by all means..... They need to get moving quicker at doing nothing. I WOULD actually like to see that happen before I'm geriatric and in the most vulnerable years. I don't have but 10-15 more where I'll be in any position to physically endure a lot of hardships.

None have the guts though, so going part way just screws us all for nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

crazyewok

buster2010
If congress needs to be removed from office then it is a job for the people not the military. This is why both parties fear the second amendment and the founding fathers saw a need for it.

Yeah great...

So why arnt you all marching on DC with your guns to forcebly remove your broken govement thats about to destroy it own economy?

Stop waveing your secound amendent round and actualy use it! Otherwise they are just pointless words on abit of paper!

I didn't vote any of the people in let those responsible for this mess fix it. Till I just laugh as they whine.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Arnie123

WTF you on about?

--
Nothing, just that I want you to go with me.
I choose you! Crazyewok go!!!
*throws pokeball*

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I dunno i like the idea storming DC setting up a guilotine and rounding up all politicians give them a quick tribunal for treason then CHOP!

And then start a fresh round of elections.
edit on 2-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Arnie123

crazyewok

WTF you on about?

--
Nothing, just that I want you to go with me.
I choose you! Crazyewok go!!!
*throws pokeball*

Ah ok.

Seeing as it would effect me sure.
Just for the irony of the british helping the americans to fight there own tyranical goverment

Though one condition? I wear my redcoat :p

And you might wanna give france a call seeing as they were the last ones to help take your trash out!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

crazyewok

I dunno i like the idea storming DC setting up a guilotine and rounding up all politicians give them a quick tribunal for treason the CHOP!

And then start a fresh round of elections.

--
Well, IDK...the last time somebody stormed DC from the UK, wasn't very pretty, literally...
www.history.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Hey but it worked

Ifwe can do it once we can do it again.

And you might get lucky and we get the president at home this time :p

And you dont need pretty you need results.
edit on 2-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

republicans fear the 2nd amendment? you'll have to show me the voting record on that issue. oh wait....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The whole situation in washington is out of control. We really need something to go down one way or another and end this constant problem. Maybe a amendment to the constitution in case of a situation like we have now that will break the deadlock. Maybe a national vote (popular vote) on whether we keep obama care or not.
edit on 13000000pppm by yuppa because: removed soem useless text.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

crazyewok

I dunno i like the idea storming DC setting up a guilotine and rounding up all politicians give them a quick tribunal for treason then CHOP!

Just remember, when you storm the empire? The storm troopers will pop up when least wanted or expected. It's a different world out there and they learned in all the worst ways for our sake, from Occupy.

Federal Protective Service orders around 150 sets of riot gear to be delivered in 15 days

Now sources could be different and many others are out there on the same story for the purchase orders. It was in relation to the Tampa Republican convention security if everyone recalls that.

The model numbers all look right though, and if you look up what that 'battle ensemble' makes as a package, its a damn Superman suit. It's self contained for air, if needed and almost impervious to anything but bullets and it's resistant to those. It's even corrosive resistant in every reasonable way as they expected possible acid attacks which never happened ....or had proof to think they really existed of course. Still.. The suits are real enough. Could be thousands of them by now.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

And leave the guillotine right where it is as a reminder to the newly elected of what awaits them if the screw up like the last bunch did.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

crazyewok
And your congress is about to destroy the entire country by propelling it i to the 3rd world if it dont act soon.

So you agree that we should venture down the path that Yeltsin did? Unleash upon Congress and those who do not share the same ideals and thoughts? Roger and noted.

EDIT:

I also made a post on this before the OP did, but it was a different tune as I called it out exactly what it was: A Marxist revealing themselves...
edit on 2-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Interesting to see the hidden agendas of some extremist in this nation with a big enough vocal minority to ironically express their freedom of speech.

Obviously like another poster said previously this person forgot which country she is talking about.

Is a reason why the president powers only extend so much and we still have congress and the supreme court.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I know that you deep inside understand that all this government shut down and all the propaganda behind it is nothing than a pony show, this will be over before next week, because by Oct 17 the debt ceiling have to be raised or the nation will default, we know that is not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Decline and fall of the Roman Empire- thank you Gibbon!

Hail Caesar Obama!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

buster2010
If congress needs to be removed from office then it is a job for the people not the military. This is why both parties fear the second amendment and the founding fathers saw a need for it.

Well there was that and...
gun beats bow and arrow. We did put up a good fight or two

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Go get 'em tiger. But it's never going to happen. We could only be so lucky.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm about 98% sure. There is that 2% that reminds me how much I've seen in the last 6+ years I never thought I'd live to see happen ...and this would, in comparison, be just another first that would once have been shocking but now would just raise a few eyebrows and bring a question of how bad the damage is this time.

I sure don't put it past these idiots to try playing with it to see what happens by a day or three. 98% sure they won't....but 2% unsure they really care about best interests as we'd define them now. So mixed...but not by much.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

buster2010

I didn't vote any of the people in let those responsible for this mess fix it. Till I just laugh as they whine.

Unless your willing to stand up and fix it then nothing will ever get done.

Those that voted these fools in are most likley too brain dead to care.
So unless someone takes the lead your stuffed.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

So you agree that we should venture down the path that Yeltsin did? Unleash upon Congress and those who do not share the same ideals and thoughts? Roger and noted.

EDIT:

I also made a post on this before the OP did, but it was a different tune as I called it out exactly what it was: A Marxist revealing themselves...
edit on 2-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

To me congress has commited treason by risking the countrys future over petty squablles.

They need to be removed and a new round of elections done.

Sometimes you got to take out the trash.

Note:

I love how you crazy American right wingers call anyone with a diffrent opinion Marxist or communist

Bet you dont even know what the meaning of the words is
God some americans are so closed minded and stupid. No wonder your country is about to implode. Your to busy arguing over sematics while forgetting the HUGE picture.
edit on 3-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join