It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Tea Party Shutdown Preventing Child Cancer Treatments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by thesaneone

With all due respect I RESENT YOU CALLING ME A TROLL.

If anything you are the troll and have an agenda, not me.

My agenda is making suffering as less as possible for human beings.

What is yours?

This topic means a lot to me because one side of the political spectrum is playing dirty. Extorting the president and holding a gun to the head of people who are in need, and abusing their power entrusted to them for political gains that will cause immense human suffering.

If you don't understand the enormormity of that then you are blind.

If the democrats caused this shutdown that will hurt innocent human beings I would be all over them.

So cut the troll crap out!

Often both sides play dirty but this time because of the kids we need to call out the guilty and hold them responsible.

I condemned Democratic Zionist for the war in Syria and praised Rand Paul but this time we need to particularly call out the side that is and will cause avoidable human suffering

I think he is right, you might be a troll. I don't know if anyone can be that brainwashed in reality.

You are parroting the Obama administration. The democrats have had the bill to fund cancer research and refused to sign it, but it's the republicans fault? They voted for it!

No one should ever believe Obama, if you haven't learned yet.

THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM! NO BLAME!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

It was Harry Reid that said who cares, when the GOP tried to fund the NHS.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The Democrats can try to take back the house. The thing is that the house have the power of the purse. It was constructed this way so no one group can have all the power. It's intended to be done this way, so power can not be centralized.

Also, originally the house was supposed to fund one program at a time. It was never meant to fund everything at once like the do it today, that's how they sneak pork in with other funding.

Obama will just have to swallow his pride and sit down and negotiate like real men. If he continues to call his opposition terrorist or hostage takers, then don't expect anything good to come from insulting the person he is going to compromise with.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Dear Willtell,

I understand that my opinion means almost nothing to you. That's absolutely fine, you don't know me, or whether my opinion should carry any weight. But I offer it anyway in the hope you'll take some small notice of it. In brief, I'm disappointed in your work in this thread, and I hope you'll improve. I think you're capable of better.

You offer an opinion in the OP that this is a GOP / Tea Party shutdown. That formulation is interesting in itself because, as you might have noticed, the GOP establishment is fighting angrily with the Tea Party and the Congressmen who support it. It's also interesting in that, besides claiming it is true, you offer no evidence for it.

Further, you reject, without any reason, the possibility that the shutdown might be caused by Democrats, or that the parties may be equally responsible. In fact, you go beyond rejecting the possibility, you ignore it. When you say, "It doesn't matter what anyone else says or does, I know I'm right, the world knows I'm right, and God knows I'm right," you present, not an argument, but a whine.

But look at what arguments are presented in the thread.

1.) It's a Constitutionally valid law. Therefore, no Congress can ever pass a law to change the funding levels.

2.) If Democrats decide to choose compromise in this situation, they will never, ever, be able to stand firm on any issue, ever again.

Even you must see that these are not particularly powerful or convincing arguments.

I note that you resent being called a troll. I suppose you do, I would too. Your response to the poster who accused you of trollhood was, "No, I'm not, you are." Not the strongest riposte but you were probably rushed. As I am ignorant of the finer points of troll land, I turned to Wiki. Many countries have expressions dealing with the phenomenon of the troll, but for some reason I was attracted to Brazil.

In Portuguese, more commonly in its Brazilian variant, troll is the usual term to denote internet trolls (examples of common derivate terms are trollismo or trollagem, "trolling", and the verb trollar, "to troll", which entered popular use), but an older expression, used by those which want to avoid anglicisms or slangs, is complexo do pombo enxadrista to denote trolling behavior, and pombos enxadristas (literally, "chessplayer pigeons") or simply pombos are the terms used to name the trolls.

The terms are explained by an adage or popular saying: "Arguing with fulano (i.e. John Doe) is the same as playing chess with a pigeon: the pigeon defecates on the table, drop[s] the pieces and simply fl[ies], claiming victory."

en.wikipedia.org...

As I say, I understand you resent being called a troll, but is it accurate?

You may want to consider a change in style or approach.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Unfortunately on a forum one can’t always give explanations and their reasoning on every point.

Granted this has become a propaganda war

But I have given my severe objections to the GOP tea party actions numerous times.

I consider their policies and philosophy anti-human.

By Anti-human I mean they are not interested in serving the great majority of the human race within the US or without.

I accuse them of immoral selfishness, something they have all the right in the world to be, but when they put their ugly filthy hands on responsibilities that rule over, for example, the welfare of children, then they will have to here from me, because they, as dupes for billionaires, ARE NOT WORTHY TO SERVE. They don’t care about poor woman and children.

There are myriad threads here proving unequivocally the connection between rapacious billionaires like Koch to the tea party.

It is only an ignorant American population that voted in a serial killer like George Bush twice that would allow such unregenerate people to have such power.

Of course there are historical nuances in this; something I covered in one of my threads

You say this:

“But look at what arguments are presented in the thread.

1.) It's a Constitutionally valid law. Therefore, no Congress can ever pass a law to change the funding levels.

2.) If Democrats decide to choose compromise in this situation, they will never, ever, be able to stand firm on any issue, ever again.”

In response I have averred often that to go as far as, to what amounts to extortion, (which in American political history HAS ONLY BEEN DONE BY THE GOP) to get your way is an unethical abuse of power.
If democrats let them get away with it they will be prey to this over and over.

If you can’t see and understand that then I think you aren’t looking.

edit on 5-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Willtell

Unfortunately on a forum one can’t always give explanations and their reasoning on every point.

But I have given my severe objections to the GOP tea party actions numerous times.

By Anti-human I mean they are not interested in serving the great majority of the human race within the US or without.

I accuse them of immoral selfishness, something they have all the right in the world to be, but when they put their ugly filthy hands on responsibilities that rule over, for example, the welfare of children, then they will have to here from me, because they, as dupes for billionaires, ARE NOT WORTHY TO SERVE. They don’t care about poor woman and children.

There are myriad threads here proving unequivocally the connection between rapacious billionaires like Koch to the tea party.

It is only an ignorant American population that voted in a serial killer like George Bush twice that would allow such unregenerate people to have such power.

Of course there are historical nuances in this; something I covered in one of my threads

You say this:

2.) If Democrats decide to choose compromise in this situation, they will never, ever, be able to stand firm on any issue, ever again.”

In response I have averred often that to go as far as, to what amounts to extortion, (which in American political history HAS ONLY BEEN DONE BY THE GOP) to get your way is an unethical abuse of power.

You haven't the slightest idea who Really Created This Problem Do You?
You're still living in denial of the Fact, Obama and his Followers are Evil and Could Care Less About You,
Me and the Children of America. They Lie.

This past Monday, House Republicans passed a bill that would have fully funded the government and kept it operational. What they asked the Democrat-controlled Senate for in return was that they postpone for one year the mandate forcing individuals to buy health insurance (to match the year-long extension Obama granted to corporations), and that members of Congress agree to give up their and their staff's federal subsidies that protect them from Obamacare.

Did you get that, They don't want to be subject to the same standards of health care you'll be subject to,,,, Why do you think that is,,, OH, I almost forgot, you can't think on your on.

TextBriefly explained, Obama administration officials are completely exempt from the Obamacare healthcare exchanges. Congressional members and their staff are supposed to join the exchanges, but have it rigged to ensure that up to 75 percent of their costs will be paid for by us, the taxpayers. Republicans believe it's unfair to make citizens pay for politicians' Obamacare costs, and feel Obama administration officials and all of Congress should live under the same rules they impose on Americans.

The Democrats said no to both provisions, and opted instead to shut down the government. In other words, they refused to fund the government because of their absolute insistence on getting a free ride for a health law that they otherwise wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole; a law that is so terribly bad that it's going to create huge debt, and already is causing unemployment, spikes in premiums and deductibles, and reduced coverage. It also forces people to pay for abortifacients, slashes $700 billion from Medicare at the expense of senior citizens, and will still leave millions of people uninsured. On top of it, it's a law that was passed behind closed doors without a single Republican vote, and one that the vast majority of Americans do not want, especially as we all learn more about its very real consequences.

www.sourcenewspapers.com... nion/doc524f086e30eb0637857693.txt

The Senate began its day on Tuesday by rejecting a GOP counteroffer that would have delayed Obamacare for a year and ended federally provided health care for the president, members of Congress and their staffs while funding the government for 11 weeks.
The House GOP plan also called for a conference committee, which usually results from competing legislation from the two chambers on major issues, rather than a short-term continuing resolution intended to keep the government running for a few weeks.

www.cnn.com...

TextThe last CR the Republican House sent over to the Democrat Senate even funded all of Obamacare, except it required a one year delay in the highly unpopular individual mandate, to match Obama’s arbitrary and illegal one year delay in the employer mandate that Obama declared by decree without legal authorization. And it nullified the special exemption from the requirements of Obamacare for Congress and its staff that the Obama Administration decreed as well without legal authorization.

But every single Democrat in the Senate voted to keep the special exemption from Obamacare for Congress and its staff, and against the same one year delay in the mandate on working people that Obama illegally granted for the mandate on big business. That included every supposed moderate Democrat in the Senate – Heitkamp, Manchin, Landrieu, Kay Hagan of North Dakota, Jon Tester of Montana, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Mark Begich of Alaska, etc. They would rather shut down the government than agree to these highly popular, modest compromises of Obamacare. There goes Harry Reid’s Senate

www.forbes.com...
Democrats and Obama, no one else to Blame.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Sure the democrats are the bad guys here..

Despite the republicans attempt to blackmail to get their way. Despite the republicans voting for the shut down..etc

Yeah it's all the democrats. The right wing propaganda machine sure does work on you.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Willtell

You say this:

This is a showdown between the Democrats & Republicans versus the Libertarian element of the GOP popularly known as the Tea Party.

The Tea Party did not shutdown the .gov, the Republicans did not shutdown the .gov and neither did Obama or the Democrats. A new "caste" of citizen, the 'professional politician', shut down the .gov. ALL of them, equally culpable, equally unconcerned about ANY American, just with perpetuating THEIR agenda and THEIR reality. WE do NOT matter to any of them.

You either start, or post on, these threads with ZERO facts, ZERO tact, ZERO willingness to rationally discuss the issues and ZERO credibility while insulting any who disagree, pushing impassioned opinions as fact and generally being argumentative. Your supreme arrogance at suggesting that one is stupid, vile and a terrorist if they can't see the truth.....as YOU say it is, is laughable. You try to pass yourself off as THE authority on all matters of morality and truth. Who the hell are you?

Do you.....work?

Have you....served?

Do you......shave?

I don't know if you are a paid shill or a troll; however, you are, without question, THE Le Petomane of Cerebral Flatulence.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Truly, I am looking, but I am unable to see what you're seeing. To help me understand, would you answer a few questions?

1.) The House has the Constitutional responsibility to control spending. (Not literally, but close enough for this discussion.) That means they can choose to spend or not to spend. If you believe that the House must always, automatically say "Spend," how are they living up to their Constitutional duty? Why aren't they allowed to say, "This time, don't spend?"

2.)

If that is true, then what can we make of your statement:

Here you claim it has been done in the past, yet the Democrats haven't fallen prey to it over and over. Why do you think it will be different this time?

3.) Did you know that there were seven government shutdowns by the Democrats, just when Reagan was in office?

4.) Why do you call it extortion? The Republicans have offered several bills to fund the government and Obama has said he will veto every one. Further, he will not even talk to the Republicans unless they first meet all of his demands. Why do you not see this as extortion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join