It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Tea Party Shutdown Preventing Child Cancer Treatments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Everything in your post is a lie and distortion of reality.

In politics when one side doesn’t get their way, the GOP in this instance, as often the Democrats don’t get their way, NO ONE SHOULD PLAY DIRTY and hold people hostage by threatening to shut down the government, like children taking the ball home because they are loosing.

In this instance it isn’t a game.

The Democrats CANT let the GOP extort then because they will do it again and again, anyone with half a brain understands that.

We could have no government when a side extorts the other when it can’t win fairly.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

it isnt extortion if the House voted to fund specific parts of the govt by large margins and the Senete totally shot it down. I take that back, it isnt extortion on the Republican side, i guess Reid beleives in extortion though. The Dems want this to be as painful as humanly possible to the american people so ppl start thinking they can't live without the govt. THe truth is, we don't need the govt to do half the crap its down now and most of what they are doing is in beter for finatially stable hands if its returned to the private sector.

Heres some links on the votes/bills Reid wont allow.

monument, Vet affairs vote

cancer treatment vote

in fact, go to drudgereport and click the headline story, you cant miss it. The link on there takes you to youtube, which is blocked at work or i'd link it for you. Reid is a jerk, the repubs ain't much better but at least they tried to restore funding to stuff like cancer treatments.
edit on 2-10-2013 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So, during a shutdown the government can choose to continue funding the NSA's spying program, but refuse cancer treatments to children. Why is it we think government run healthcare is a good idea?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It's difficult for me to understand politics in general, and when we add in calls for fairness and compromise, the waters become nearly too muddy to see through.

The Republicans passed a series of bills, culminating in one that said, basically, we'll give you everything you want, just delay ObamaCare for a year. The Senate rejected it. The implication is that the Democrat Senate is willing to allow all the suffering you're alluding to, in order to prevent a delay in ObamaCare.

If the delay was accepted, it might give the administration time to get it right, and get the approval numbers up over 30% or so. But no, the Democrats say they want absolutely everything or they will hurt the country. is a one year delay in one program really worth it? I don't think it's the Republicans with the gun.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I agree with you, many here agree with you, many more americans agree with you. But some will never see whats really going on for one reason or another. This isn't about which party is better, its about a govt thats too damn big to be efficent and has its hands in WAY to many things it has no business being in. Thats the really fight going on right now and the fight is only getting bigger, and maybe it needs to before things will start to change.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I will make this simple so you could see and understand.

If the Dems let the GOP extort them this time, whose to say they wont do it again and again and again.

This is pure blackmail with a gun to the head of the American people by a small group of fanatics who are only using a tactical form of political terrorism because they lost the game, so are playing dirty with human beings lives, kids in this case.

Should the Dems allow them to get away with it then why won’t they do it every time they don’t get their way?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Also the GOP want to destroy the ACA. They don't really want to make it better.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You should really be mad at Harry Reid, he is the one who is preventing these children from treatments, how can he be so barbaric?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Answer my question. If the Dems let the GOP extort them this time how will they prevent them from doing it again?

Your idea that the Dems started this is transparent and false. You are in delusion and only deceiving yourself.

NEVER in the history of this country has a party but the GOP extorted the country to get its way. Its abusing its power.

As bad as Dems are they aren’t that bad.

Anyway, answer the question above.

Of course you won’t because there is no reasonable answer.

No party can allow itself to be extorted.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No matter what answer you are given you will just come back with some sort of name calling, until you see that this is both parties problem then there is no reasoning with you.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

A piece by piece funding approach has been offered by republicans. The democrats are the ones that refused that.

I do love the whole tugging at the heart strings use of "it's for the children" pitch though.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I feel sorry for you, Pumpkin. Lemme help you out.

Republicans are also responsible for;

The Bubonic Plague.
Firefly getting canceled.
Dandruff.
Disco.
Honey Boo-Boo.
That skin you get on top of pudding.
The missing sock in the dryer.
The reason why Toby McGuire didn't do another "Spiderman".
That stinky fart in the ATS elevator last week.
And green jelly beans.

No need to thank me. Glad I could help.
*hugs*

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If the Dems let the GOP extort them this time how will they prevent them from doing it again?

In other words:
If the Democrats didn't shut down the US Government this time, how would they keep the GOP from supporting their constituents in the future?

Answer:
The Democrats shouldn't be trying to prevent Republican representatives from supporting their constituents. That's what they did when "Obamacare" was passed, and that's what they're trying to do now.

The true, and only, reason the government has shut down is because Mr. Oblamer, once again, refuses to stand up, and take a leadership role. Instead, he prefers to continue acting like a "community organizer" by blaming others for the failings of his favored few.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Answer my question. If the Dems let the GOP extort them this time how will they prevent them from doing it again?

The Dems made one mistake already (actually dozens).

They schlock-spent all the money from last time !!!!!!

If they 'give in' this time, and don't binge spend......

Problem solved.

Get it ?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Careful beezer .....

there's a new rumor spreading around.

the Dems like Hasenpfeffer !!!!

[ and fox pelt jackets too !!! ]

OMG

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Dear Willtell,

May I first offer congratulations for your huge "star to post" ratio? You must be doing something right.

I'd like to try to answer your question, and thanks for:

I will make this simple so you could see and understand.
A lot of times I need simple.

I think it would be better to get a "bird's-eye view" of the situation.

We're at a place where both parties are insisting that the bill must be their version or some harm will come to the country. (How much harm there'd be is open to debate.) Each party is claiming they are right. How do you come to the conclusion that one party is engaged in extortion and the other one isn't? They seem like mirror images of each other.

If the Dems let the GOP extort them this time, whose to say they wont do it again and again and again.
Likewise, If the GOP lets the Dems extort them this time, who is to say they wont do it again and again and again. The same reversal can be done with the rest of your post with similar results.

If we follow the Constitution, the House controls the purse strings. The people gave the Republicans control of the House. It is a shame (from some points of view) that the Democrats did not win the House, but they didn't, they lost. The Republicans have offered several compromises, which were rejected. The President has said that he is willing to negotiate with Iran, but not Republicans.

While it may seem as though I'm blaming the shutdown on the Democrats, that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to stick with the "bird's-eye view" which tells me that the parties, at least at this stage, are equally intransigent, thus the charge of extortion, if valid for either party, is valid for both.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Little known fact, the democrats are responsible for justin beiber.

But I hear the republicans are responsible for miley cyrus sooooo.

On a serious note, Obama is the one to blame. He is not leading, he is doing nothing but running around blaming everybody else. His attitude about not working with them unless its his way, no compromise, blah blah. From the republicans viewpoint, they are trying to defund obamacare to save money, or remove the exemption clause for congress, or delay it until there is more money. From the democrats view the republicans are holding america hostage until they get their way.

Obama needs to sit down with both party leaders and say listen, we need to get this going, what do we have to work with, what can we work out as adults here. And be willing to work with both sides. This two party bull is destroying this country. There is no leadership in either party, just a bunch of glory seeking self important pompous has beens.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Boner is really screwing things isn't he.

If only there was leadership on the Right.

But both parties showed what was important to them. The one exemption out there on this shut down. The military will keep fighting overseas. The NSA will keep spying on your phones,emails,blogging and so on. Oh and we will keep nation building in other countries. Can't forget to do that.

And truthfully why do they want to get rid of Obamacare? Those HIPPA standards that all your medical records must be sent to a datacenter only the government could build means the NSA gets to spy on all your medical records now. That is why they are building them all near the Utah NSA Building.
edit on 2-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

JBA2848
reply to post by tnhiker

Boner is really screwing things isn't he.

If only there was leadership on the Right.

But both parties showed what was important to them. The one exemption out there on this shut down. The military will keep fighting overseas. The NSA will keep spying on your phones,emails,blogging and so on. Oh and we will keep nation building in other countries. Can't forget to do that.
edit on 2-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that blew me away, how is warmongering and spying on americans more important then health and jobs? The smokey mtns are all but closed, right during peak leaf viewing, peak tourism for most national parks.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Willtell
NEVER in the history of this country has a party but the GOP extorted the country to get its way. Its abusing its power.

Never?! I suggest you read the history of our politics in this country...until then, your claims of "never" are ridiculous!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join