It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Tea Party Shutdown Preventing Child Cancer Treatments

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
All to placate the anti-human agenda of greedy Koch brothers and other billionaires and millionaires the Tea party GOP induced government shutdown may end up causing children from getting needed cancer treatment on experimental drugs who may be on their last hope in government sponsored cancer drugs that will be eliminated by the shutdown.
www.news.nom.co...

For every week the government is closed, 10 children with cancer will be denied access to clinical trials, according to a spokesman for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). “There are four new protocols [clinical trials] ready to start next week, and they won’t be starting during the shutdown if we’re still shut down,” John Burklow told ABCNews.com.

The NIH has put 75 percent of its 14,700 employees on indefinite leave. The 1,400 clinical trials currently in progress will continue, but new trials that would include 200 people – 10 of them kids with cancer — will have to be delayed until the government funds the institution. “Just to be clear, we aren’t turning patients away permanently — we would be delaying their admission, since we are not enrolling new patients at this time,” Burklow told AFP. www.nationalmemo.com...

Also WIC programs for the poor will close and make destitute woman and children in poverty. All to please the billionaires who call the shots of the GOP Tea party and sponsor their immoral philosophy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“WASHINGTON -- The federal government shutdown already has led at least one state to shutter a nutritional food program for struggling women and infants on Tuesday. The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced Saturday that a shutdown would hobble the $7 billion Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. The program, known as WIC, provides healthy-food vouchers, nutrition education and breastfeeding support to roughly 9 million poor women and their children. “

This is the point I always try to convey to the hard heads who always mumble…taxes…taxes…taxes

We are talking about REAL LIVING AND BREATHING HUMAN BEINGS not concepts.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Takes two to tango.

BASH: But if you can help one child with cancer, why wouldn't you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1100 people at Nellis Air Force Base sitting home. They have problems of their own.
link

The government is happy to let kids die either way. If kids weren't dying the politicians wouldnt have anything to blackmail each other and the public with.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
egads. why were WIC and the cancer treatment medical facilities considered non essential??

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

undo
egads. why were WIC and the cancer treatment medical facilities considered non essential??

To get people to freak out and demand the government take more of their money, property and liberty to make it all right.

Government blackmail is all it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The fact that the politicians are still getting paid - handsomely I may add - while these people go without the care they need is even MORE of a reason why the government NEEDED TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Things need to change!! They are not going to change until someone makes them.

Someone better start working on new names to call the people who are tired of the injustices in the government. The ones being used are just old, impotent.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
But... The Pentagon can spend 5 billion the night of the shut-down....

5 bill spent 10-01-2013 before shut-down

Pentagon Contracts

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Obama still has that private chef right?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
some program somewhere has to provide for the wic people in the interim. maybe walmart could be encouraged to give the wic recipients their usual quota and write it off as charitable contributions.

for the cancer treatments, maybe the shut down clinics could loan their recipes to hospitals local to the patients. temporarily hire the doctors in the experimental program. good grief, something!

the american people need to pull together here, not apart.

we need to rise to each other's defense and not be so polarized that we lose sight of our human compassion.

edit on 2-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

the american people need to pull together here, not apart.
reply to post by undo

Right, but this will never happen so long as the bickering and accusations and name calling even down to calling one camp "terrorists" etc etc. This is pure insanity going on all because of an entirely corrupt system stemming from BOTH sides. Just over this last year alone, I have seen left vs right politics tear friendships apart, families torn apart, brother against brother. If anything, this has been heading toward a civil war. I'm not even kidding, this is insanity like never before.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

then we need to ignore all that, step past it, and come to the defense of our own. we need to defend our moms and kids, our soldiers, our dying children, our vets. skip the political maneuvering and help these people. this is a serious emergency that needs addressing now.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Why make a new thread?
You could have added to any of your other threads that has to do with the same issue.

But this is what trolling is all about.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Both sides, and the potus are to blame. Its all political leverage and advantage, screw the people. Its amazing how many people buy into one or the others side of propaganda. Read some social media and see how stupid people are.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree, but the only ones with the power to stop it is the corrupt government, and they are fighting like babies! We can march on the white-house, but when was the last time that worked? This country needs millions and millions with this non-partisan mindset to TAKE ACTION and it's just not happening!

Edit: We can take it back, but we need serious numbers and not apathy..
edit on 2-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by undo

I agree, but the only ones with the power to stop it is the government, and they are fighting like babies! We can march on the white-house, but when was the last time that worked? This country needs millions and millions with this non-partisan mindset to TAKE ACTION and it's just not happening!

no they aren't the only ones. the businesses can step up. like walmart could allow wic receipents to collect their quota of foods as usual, and then write it off as charitable contributions. the hospitals local to the children cancer patients could offer to temporarily hire the doctors from the experimental programs. vets could be offered help from businesses local to their homes.

surely we aren't going to just give up on each other.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

get your facts straight please. The House sent a spending bill to the senete to fund that part as well as other parts of the govt. Reid wouldn't allow a vote on it. This mess is all on the Dems and the Whitehouse. They own this.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Good points, and let's hope businesses do step up in such a fashion. I believe many are capable but I wonder for how long they would be willing? I remain a realist about things and don't see this going well the longer it goes on and on..

Even when the govt "non-essentials" are back, it won't change the huge divide we now have in the U.S. It's getting bigger and bigger, and if something dramatic doesn't happen soon I believe we're in for a very rough ride..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

undo

To get people to freak out and demand the government take more of their money, property and liberty to make it all right.

Government blackmail is all it is.

What we pay now in taxes is a joke. In the 50's we were paying 90% and the economy boomed just like it does when taxes are higher.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This huge mess, on both sides of the political isle i might add, needs to be corrected. Elections won't solve it quick enough and the msm is making damn sure we only get one side of the story. So maybe we need to be divided, maybe if we get angry enough ppl will start seaking their own answers. The way i see it, the reason ppl aren't doing that now is because most of whats happening now doesn't effect the day to day survival, which is where most of our mindset is at at the moment because things are tight. Maybe we need to feel a bit of anger and pain on how far down the rabbithole this messing taking us to wake the rest of us so we can correct it peacefully. And i hope it happens quick....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So do the patriotic thing and pay your 90% if you want. Just leave me out of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

With all due respect I RESENT YOU CALLING ME A TROLL.

If anything you are the troll and have an agenda, not me.

My agenda is making suffering as less as possible for human beings.

What is yours?

This topic means a lot to me because one side of the political spectrum is playing dirty. Extorting the president and holding a gun to the head of people who are in need, and abusing their power entrusted to them for political gains that will cause immense human suffering.

If you don't understand the enormormity of that then you are blind.

If the democrats caused this shutdown that will hurt innocent human beings I would be all over them.

So cut the troll crap out!

Often both sides play dirty but this time because of the kids we need to call out the guilty and hold them responsible.

I condemned Democratic Zionist for the war in Syria and praised Rand Paul but this time we need to particularly call out the side that is and will cause avoidable human suffering

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join