It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objects captured in pictures taken by crew members of ISS 31 - #1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi there, this is my first thread.
A few years ago I remember to see some footage during STS missions using ultraviolet cameras, revealing some very interesting footages.
I've been always fascinated by space images and for a time followed the broadcasts via Ustream from the ISS. But the low quality, or transmission control never allowed a high resolution image or an uncut broadcast.
Then I started researching about places that I could find pictures taken from ISS until I found a public FTP where, from time to time, were saved pics taken by astronauts on the ISS. This FTP is not active anymore.
The photographs in question here were shoot during ISS 031 mission which started in April 27, 2012 and ended on July 1, 2012.
Having tons of pics I decided to make a video using the pic sequences. When I began to see the video I found that there was much more activity up there than we can imagine.
With this post I want to bring to you a first video, this one in particular because it shows different objects: a meteor, a blinking object apparently accelerating, and a couple of moving objects in the camera field of view.
Any one of us can download the sequence of pictures that I mentioned in the video (if pics still available) and make the same video.

(best view on HD & full screen)

Direct Link

I know many of you have much more knowledge than i have and can help me to figure out what may be these things, or at least help to find some clue of what might be these anomalies.
If you want i can post other videos (around 25) here or open other threads.

Peace.

edit on 2-10-2013 by GreyBigHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyBigHead

That all sounds very cool...but your video doesn't work and there was no link to the pictures you mentioned.
Other then that, awesome.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thorneblood

That all sounds very cool...but your video doesn't work and there was no link to the pictures you mentioned.
Other then that, awesome.

Sorry, it is my first thread, i dont know why the you tube video is not working, but i already edited it, direct link below the vid.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hi, interesting thread, I watched the video....what makes you think they are UFO's?
I'm not sure what parts are meant to be the UFOs to be honest as there's a lot of flashes and whizzes past the ISS going on.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

What caught my attention was a particular object in this video, the object appears to accelerate. As far as my knowledge goes an object does not increase the speed in the vacuum of space unless there is influence of some gravitational force or has propulsion system.

Anyway... what could be these objects ?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Great first thread

Very interesting video - some very interesting movements! That one in the middle (moving upwards behind the equipment) definitely looked as though it was speeding up.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The first object is a low orbit satellite. The object that appears to flash is a satellite with flat sides that is tumbling. The third object is a satellite at a higher orbit. The last one I couldn't tell but probably a satellite. Remember there are literally tens of thousands of man-made objects orbiting the earth now. If it doesn't change trajectory, it's probably just another satellite or piece of space junk.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Wires
The first object is a low orbit satellite. The object that appears to flash is a satellite with flat sides that is tumbling. The third object is a satellite at a higher orbit. The last one I couldn't tell but probably a satellite. Remember there are literally tens of thousands of man-made objects orbiting the earth now. If it doesn't change trajectory, it's probably just another satellite or piece of space junk.

Nah man, what you see is pareidolia

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That was interesting.
I'm not sure what was caught, but the video is beautiful .
And DANG our atmosphere is thin ! That's all we have between us
and mountain sized asteroids?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

GreyBigHead
.... As far as my knowledge goes an object does not increase the speed in the vacuum of space unless there is influence of some gravitational force or has propulsion system.

Anyway... what could be these objects ?

I wrote up my '99 FAQs about Space UFO Videos' to introduce folks to basics of spaceflight operations, at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

Please let me know how I can make that essay more helpful to you.

It's not easy reading, because space is very very unlike Earth, and common experience can create misunderstandings.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thank you for the site ! I will take a look!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Jim, it is really a good site.

I am not saying that these objects are alien crafts, i just try to discover (if it is possible) what they can be.

I read your FAQ and i am intrigued about the #36 question. I have a video where you can spot 7 objects in 9 seconds, or like the one below:

Can i presume that mostly of these objects, if not all, are satelittes ?

It is amazing to talk with someone who worked there.

Best regards.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hello JimOberg,
Isn't it true that the number of astronauts that saw a satellite while in orbit (a piece of debris from a spacecraft falls in the category of satellite) is very small (almost unheard)? And that this makes perfect sense: the space is to vast for you to flyby another satellite (even if they were millions out there, they are at diferent heights ... the maths are really simple to show the density is to low to explain all sightings ... statistically).
Thank you .
Regards
edit on 2-10-2013 by 2timesOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

GreyBigHead
Can i presume that mostly of these objects, if not all, are satelittes ?

It is amazing to talk with someone who worked there.

Best regards.

GBH, the two dots move like distant satellites, especially since they appear equal brightness. But we'd also have to know when sunrise was occurring -- so smaller ISS-generated debris could be sunlit. And eliminating 'typical' stuff is hard. But it's important to scan these videos, especially in real time -- because once and awhile, it CAN be important.

It was a marvelous experience working there, I love to share what I learned, and to try to clear up a lot of public misunderstandings.

Wander around the web page, please -- it's not well organized.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

2timesOO

Hello JimOberg,
Isn't it true that the number of astronauts that saw a satellite while in orbit (a piece of debris from a spacecraft falls in the category of satellite) is very small (almost unheard)? And that this makes perfect sense: the space is to vast for you to flyby another satellite (even if they were millions out there, they are at diferent heights ... the maths are really simple to show the density is to low to explain all sightings ... statistically).
Thank you .
Regards

This is an excellent question and it took me quite a while to get my head around it. I've come to believe that very few dots on videos are independent distant satellites. A friend of mine on ISS did develop software to predict Iridium flares and it worked pretty well. But in general the view is about as good as satellite-spotting from Earth's surface but only for a few moments twice per orbit.

Seeing 'stuff' flaking off or out of one's own vehicle is much more common.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Very cool video, seen meteors and a couple "anomalies", like at time 4:30 in video and onward...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hello,
If they were two satellites, they would have the same apparent velocity (because they would not be at the same orbit ... or could they?) ... what are the odds? Most probably something that escaped from the ISS.
I'm talking about your second video.
Regards

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

2timesOO

Hello,
If they were two satellites, they would have the same apparent velocity (because they would not be at the same orbit ... or could they?) ... what are the odds? Most probably something that escaped from the ISS.
I'm talking about your second video.
Regards

Ok.

Let's assume that it is something that probably escaped from the ISS. Take a look at the next videos. It seems that they are the same kind of objects from previous video. I know the speed of the next videos doesn't correspond to the true speed, but it depend of the interval taken between the shots. One of the next videos shows that the object emerges behind the golden atmosphere layer, coming up from the other side of the planet.

Now let's take a look at pictures of the Europe's biggest satellite lauched:

Alphasat

This is Dragon cargo ship seen about 1.5 miles from ISS:

Dragon cargo ship

This makes me think about the necessary size of the object to be seen so far.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Appears as if someone just flushed a toilet. I didn't see any turds floating out there though, just water.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Let me digest that. On a first glance it looks very strange indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join