It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me what this ring means?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I saw a man with a flat top gold ring, on it was carved three beehives; two at the bottom and one on top - like a pyramid shape. No other symbols or text that I could see. Anyone have any idea what this mean? I'm guessing it's a Freemason ring of some kind as they often use the beehive symbol.

-MM

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am a Mason and I have never seen this symbol.

I am only an Entered Aprentice, but our symbols are everywhere - and I have never seen this one.

I have seen a beehive, but not like you describe.
edit on 2-10-2013 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What the guy had was a signet ring with a family crest on it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just from some quick googling and reading I would hazard a guess that he is a 3rd degree mason. Beehives are a part of 3rd degree masonic symbolism so I would think that 3 in a pyramid would be just that...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I would of thought a MASTER BEEHIVE FARMER of the 3rd degree... Though your answer sounds to be the correct one...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"In our Twentieth Century America, the word "industry" denotes manufacturing and factories classified as heavy industry and light industry; and connote machines and factory workers. When the Beehive is said to be an emblem of industry the word is not used in that sense, indeed, is used with an almost opposite meaning-for it is used in the sense of centuries ago, which was the true sense."

Masonic Beehive

2ns link
edit on 2-10-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

Video
edit on 2-10-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It is Mormon ring.
Beehive is one of the few symbols they do have in Mormonism.

Mormon temple door handles.

farm8.staticflickr.com...
edit on 2-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

sdcigarpig
What the guy had was a signet ring with a family crest on it.

It was definetly a gold signet ring, but there was no crest on it, only the three beehives. I have however seen the three behives before in stone on a cementary picture that I've been trying to find but no success so far.
edit on 2-10-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Just from some quick googling and reading I would hazard a guess that he is a 3rd degree mason. Beehives are a part of 3rd degree masonic symbolism so I would think that 3 in a pyramid would be just that...

Just to clear up, a Beehive is part of the 3rd Degree symbolism but it is not plural. I would venture to say it is not a Masonic ring as three beehives in a group is not refered to in any of the degrees.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maybe he belongs to the brockville rowing club

www.zazzle.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

without seeing the ring (picture) we can only guess at this.

So for what this is worth.

THE BEEHIVE AND FREEMASONRY.
By Br. Geo. W. Bullamore.
Snip
The earliest mention of the Beehive as a Masonic symbol that I have been able to trace, occurs in Jonathan Swift’s Letter from the Grand Mistress printed in Bro. Henry Sadler’s Reprints and Revelations:

“ A Bee hath in all Ages and Nations, been the Grand Hieroglyphick of Masonry, because it excels all other living Creatures in the Contrivance and Commodiousness of its Habitation or Combe; as among miany other authors Doctor MacGregor now Professor of ’Mathematicks in Cambridge (as our Guardian informeth us) hath learnedly demonstrated; nay Masonry or Building, seemeth to, be of the very Essence or Nature of the Bee, for her building not the ordinary way of all living Creatures is the generative Cause which produceth the young, ones (you know, I suppose that Bees are of neither Sex).

“ For this Reason the Kings of France, both Pagans and Christians, always eminent Freemasons, carried three Bees for their Arms, but to avoid the Imputation of the Egyptian Idolatory of worshipping a Bee, Clodovaeus, their first Christian King, called them Lilies, or Flower-de-Luces, in which, notwithstanding the smail Change made for Disguise Sake there is still the exact Figure of a Bee. You have perhaps read of a great Number of Golden Bees found in the Coffin of a Pagan King of France, near Brussels, many ages after CHRIST, which he had ordered should be buryed with him, in Token of his having been a Mason.

“ The Egyptians always excellent and Antient Free-Masons paid Divine Worship to a Bee under the outward Shape of a Bull, the better to conceal the mystery; which Bull by them called Apis, is the Latin word for a Bee; the Ænigma of representing the Bee by a Bull consisteth, in this, that according to, the doctrine of the Pythagorean Lodge of Freemasons, the souls of all the Cow-Kind transmigrate into Bees, as one Virgil, a Poet, much in favour with the Emperor Augustus, because of his profound Skill in Masonry, hath described; and Mr. Dryden has thus show’d

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca...

edit on 4/10/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Perhaps he is a bee-keeper.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Saurus

33rd degree Bee Keeper.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Saurus

Funny you should say that, because I've read that some secret societies view society as a beehive that is to be controlled (ie. the bee-keeper control it). So, in that sense you may be right, he is a bee-keeper.

-MM

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
Funny you should say that, because I've read that some secret societies view society as a beehive that is to be controlled (ie. the bee-keeper control it).

Which ones are those? Please link where you have read this as I would like to read more regarding this point.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I believe this is a sign of a 3rd degree mason. Beehives tend to insinuate that level -- of course, if this IS a masonic ring and not something else.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
OddFellows and Mormons also use beehives as symbology.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

seeNOTignoreTX
I believe this is a sign of a 3rd degree mason.

Uh, no. The 'sign of a 3rd degree Mason' is the Square and Compasses.

new topics

top topics

join