It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid on Funding NIH to Treat Kids With Cancer: "Why Would We Want to Do That?"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Just throwing it out there, but there are some seriously important government funded things. I work for the government. If putting me on furlough means children with disease get treatment, I'll take it. My family and I will find a way to get by. Picking and choosing is just the way things have to be.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Power of the purse is one thing but remember that Obama was re-elected under the promise of the ACA. So...are you saying the will of the people mean nothing? Just a question.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You (and your biased "source") have twisted Senator Reid's word. "Why would you want to do that?" meant why would you want to SHUT DOWN the NIH, NOT "Why would you want to fund it?"

I am so tired of the ignorant threads being posted on ATS that are based on some far-right propaganda and their authors have not even followed the actual news.

I grew up in the DC area and have followed the news from Washington all my life.

I recommend people start with PBS news. It is NOT biased, unless, of course, you are a follower of Fox News, which is not news at all but propaganda, and you think the actual facts don't fit your right-wing agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Sorry, but those were REID'S actual words...VERBATIM; no "twisting" was needed.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Again, read his words carefully. "Why would you want to do that?" refers to why would you want to shut down the NIH? Why would you want to do what the Republicans are doing?

Harry Reid is not the big bad wolf trying to eat little children. He is NOT the one who voted for the government shutdown. The House Republicans did that.

IT WAS THE REPUBLICANS WHO SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY HATE PRESIDENT OBAMA SO MUCH THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO STOP OBAMACARE!!!

I recommend a vacation from Fox News for a couple of weeks. Hell, listen to the other side for once.

Did you know that Fox News viewers are actually more ignorant about what is really going on than the average American?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sestias
reply to post by IAMTAT

Again, read his words carefully. "Why would you want to do that?" refers to why would you want to shut down the NIH? Why would you want to do what the Republicans are doing?

Harry Reid is not the big bad wolf trying to eat little children. He is NOT the one who voted for the government shutdown. The House Republicans did that.

IT WAS THE REPUBLICANS WHO SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY HATE PRESIDENT OBAMA SO MUCH THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO STOP OBAMACARE!!!

I recommend a vacation from Fox News for a couple of weeks. Hell, listen to the other side for once.

Did you know that Fox News viewers are actually more ignorant about what is really going on than the average American?

Just watch the video, if reading his actual words aren't good enough for you.

But...
I get it...you hate FOX News....and you love that MSNBC!
Problem is...you're in the minority.
Maybe you need the vacation from that tiny Fantasy Island.

FOX NEWS

As previously stated, Fox News continues to be the hands-down ratings winner across the board in cable news. The network often posts better ratings than CNN and MSNBC combined and was the 7th most-watched cable channel overall during primetime in Q3. Its competitors didn’t even break the top 30, with MSNBC at #31 and CNN at #34.

www.mediaite.com...

edit on 5-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join