It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Emasculation'' Agenda - A Cover For Bashing Of Femininity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk about various agendas, such as an agenda to emasculate the men so it is easier to control them when the new world order comes, and so on. This type of reasoning implicitly asserts that feminine characteristics are of lesser importance - precisely a reflection of patriarchal mindset the (so-called) freedom fighters are trying to get rid of. This type of mindset seems to be a perfect tool of TPTB to manipulate the masses. As is a warped version of feminism, of course. The concept of manly/unmanly can be easily manipulated and the game of divide and rule is thus played. Yes, the fact many of you cannot possibly fathom how manly/unmanly are not concepts set in stone but do indeed change throughout history only proves how powerful the conditioning has become. Before trying to battle the new world order ''out there'', try to see it in your minds first. Food for thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

FlowThruSpace
There is a lot of talk about various agendas, such as an agenda to emasculate the men so it is easier to control them when the new world order comes, and so on. This type of reasoning implicitly asserts that feminine characteristics are of lesser importance - precisely a reflection of patriarchal mindset the (so-called) freedom fighters are trying to get rid of. This type of mindset seems to be a perfect tool of TPTB to manipulate the masses. As is a warped version of feminism, of course. The concept of manly/unmanly can be easily manipulated and the game of divide and rule is thus played. Yes, the fact many of you cannot possibly fathom how manly/unmanly are not concepts set in stone but do indeed change throughout history only proves how powerful the conditioning has become. Before trying to battle the new world order ''out there'', try to see it in your minds first. Food for thought.

I think its more to do with confusing the insticts, combined with the high levels of estrogen in the water and the constant belittling of males throughout media, it MUST have some combined effect, and Im sure its not positive.
Men and women ARE DIFFERENT and will always be different. Instead of competing, we should be combining our strengths to overcome our weaknesses.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmWed, 02 Oct 2013 15:32:12 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

FlowThruSpace
This type of reasoning implicitly asserts that feminine characteristics are of lesser importance

Well, thanks for starting a thread that people might participate in.

S&F for picking up the torch!
edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Men and women ARE DIFFERENT and will always be different. Instead of competing, we should be combining our strengths to overcome our weaknesses.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't think that trying to emasculate men means that women are of lesser worth. Actually the opposite, trying to make men more like women because it seems better for all involved.

I am only saying. As someone said before, men and women are different and I think its brilliant but some male traits have been bad for women, so it is natural that we try and minimise their effects.

Also, our ancient roles do not really cut it any more and evolution is going towards men being more like women. We don'y have men going out hunting or fight bare hands against intruders. Nowadays, even weak males can survive, maybe if they are clever, they can make it in business. So evolution doesn't just favour the strong, violent types.

The same with women. Mostly we have to be nestmakers because that is just what we are. Our hormones makes us like that. It isn't a weaker trait, it is just different and quite handy if you like it cosy.

However if circumstances demand, women can suddenly fight. There have been quite a few female warriors/queens etc. Or when a mother defends her kids...there is hardly a better fighter in the world.

So it all depends on the environment, in which direction the genders develop.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

trying to make men more like women because it seems better for all involved.

Like giving men estrogen??? People tend to forget as men get older our testosterone levels decrease and we are less aggressive. Tell me your daddy was an asshat when you were younger and not a pushover when he was older and I would believe you more than saying the above said quote.

You ever see a man cry??? It's the most ridicoulous heart wrenching site to see, because "WE" as men are taught not to cry.

So then likewise the opposite is true, we should teach women and girls to be "Asshats" and stop being so girly and stiffin up that upper lip, don't cry, baby et cetera et cetera?

Yet, when women age they tend to be the household leaders more so than the average male, who's testosterone levels drop and just DOESN"T GIVE A RATS ARSE?!!!

There's a lot of comedy in my post, so don't take it as a attack, it's just my POV as a MAN who has lost control of his house hold because I have a daughter and now my WIFE AND DAUGHTER RUN THE SHOW!~~~~ How the hell this magic trick worked itself out is BEYOND ME~!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There are ways of naturally elevating your testosterone with exercise and diet. Men these days however are suffering more and more from lower levels of T. It's resulting in pathetic men who just roll over, don't take responsibility for anything and are generally weak and timid. I see it almost everywhere I go. Dudes who can't even make eye contact.

They say a nation is only as strong as it's men, and I think that's true.

Lets not also forget the confusing messages men are getting. The media portrays men as stupid nonstop. Health & Fitness industries portray men as dudes who are ripped. And the supposed "enlightened" "red pill" crowd of the internet portrays men as only being men if they can get loads of women to have sex with them.

Rewind a century ago an manhood was about honor, character, being honest, taking care of things, taking responsibility, being hard working, etc.

These days, it seems being a man means, being dumb, or being a player and or thug.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

The "emasculation" agenda is simply the old "velvet trap" put into hyperdrive. Or at least one phase of it is. And it is the phase we constant see and hear about. It is the females, (gotta love 'em) using their bodies (tongues included if you include Miley) all over TV land to make the guys forget thinking with their heads. It is an unfair advantage, but Nature did it that way.

'Course, that is just my opinion, not done with the aid of any scientific studies or Washington think tanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think you're misunderstanding the idea of emasculation, as it is being used in this context. The idea isn't that feminine qualities are of lesser value, but rather that unbalancing the masculine, and the feminine in males, by a larger margin than is normal, will have the desired effect of a less agressive male.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
da ily mail

Low testosterone is linked to other, more immediate problems — men need the hormone for muscle strength, healthy bones, positive mood and energy. Too little can lead to weight gain, loss of facial and body hair, and joint pain. Low testosterone also causes hot flushes. It’s also, not surprisingly, vital to a man’s potency and sex drive, says Hugh Jones, honorary professor of andrology at Barnsley Hospital and the University of Sheffield.

Low testerone also is linked to less "swimmers" in sperm and sex drive, men will have a menopause. Also it causes problems with mental clarity and heavy drinking.

I don´t really see what or why it would be a good thing for TPTB as it seems to bring so many other problems unless it has something to do with getting rid of overpopulation in this world.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

dollukka
da ily mail

Low testosterone is linked to other, more immediate problems — men need the hormone for muscle strength, healthy bones, positive mood and energy. Too little can lead to weight gain, loss of facial and body hair, and joint pain. Low testosterone also causes hot flushes. It’s also, not surprisingly, vital to a man’s potency and sex drive, says Hugh Jones, honorary professor of andrology at Barnsley Hospital and the University of Sheffield.

Low testerone also is linked to less "swimmers" in sperm and sex drive, men will have a menopause. Also it causes problems with mental clarity and heavy drinking.

I don´t really see what or why it would be a good thing for TPTB as it seems to bring so many other problems unless it has something to do with getting rid of overpopulation in this world.

You answered your own question. ....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
An androgynous society is easier to control. Fewer variables to manage. Concomitant with the emasculation of men has been the masculation of women, disguised in part as "the feminist movement". When everyone is motivated by the same things and behave in the same ways, they are entirely predictable. It's another aspect of the homogeneous mass culture they're developing (all the while exalting diversity--what a joke) to be manipulated for their own purposes at will.

Be happy you're a man. Enjoy it. Be happy you're a woman. Enjoy it. Above all, be... happy with each other.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

No doubt. Our (USA) culture is constantly talking up the "strong woman" as a positive stereotype to which little girls should aspire. Yet at the same time, the same culture has the implicit expectation that a female will base her concept of self-worth on the opinions of others.

I am teaching my girls to be emotionally self-sufficient; that they will be more attractive to everyone if they are not driven by the NEED for a male's, or the public's, attention. The key to self-esteem is... accomplishment. We earn self-esteem by succeeding at things, and then we reward ourselves with that sense of approval that comes from having done the right thing well.

My wife likes living with a "manly man", and encourages me to take time off for fishing, hunting and my various hobbies. But then we are conservatives, and it is OK for her to get turned on by a man who acts like one, and for me to pursue my wife because she is a lady worth pursuing.

The old ways are the best, because they tell us how to act when we are at a loss as to how act in times of stress.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Food for thought.

finger lickin' good.

I often make a similar argument about the increasing conflation among the youth of the word "gay" ("that's gay") with an implicit negative context. I am not a word nazi. honestly, even as a gay man, I am not offended. I am, however, fascinated by the peculiar conceptual juxtapositions that our modern life brings... and the negative prejudice automatically implied.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

alphaTango
Rewind a century ago an manhood was about honor, character, being honest, taking care of things, taking responsibility, being hard working, etc.

Most of the fiction I write ends up being stories about men. Strong men with courage and honor and deep relationships with other men (friends, brothers, soldiers), often in difficult situations and things that call into question what one believes about themselves or their world.

I think part of this is because it seems like such a beautiful thing and yet something our culture is so tragically losing. I believe a culture in great part is strong based on the cornerstone strength of its men, and particularly their role in a family. We are destroying our culture via the damage we do the development (and character) of men -- of women too of course but we're talking about men here.

Most of my men friends feel like the lone ranger -- because things like honor, character, integrity, responsibility are very important to them, and yet they see so little sign of it around them, or in other men, or in media, so they feel like some kind of throwback. It's often not appreciated by others at all, and often others especially women actually treat them poorly, either through having no concept themselves of what these qualities are, or because they've had their expectations about men deformed to the point where they actually want the inanely immature two dimensional psychospiritually stunted bozo that ought to be in cartoons but seems to be becoming some kind of cultural archetype of the modern world.

They find themselves looking for women who have these qualities and having just as hard a time finding some as the few women looking for them seem to have in finding men. It does seem to be a diminishing percentage of the population.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sorry I killed your thread OP, a manly-man inspired me is all.

I think there IS a sort of de-masculinization (is that a word?) of men in our (assumedly western) culture. And sure, women have issues too but we're talking about men here.

I think it starts with the ghastly numbers of drugged young boys (I have known children as young as two. 2! Two! on ritalin et al.) in school as just one example. Rather than saying, young boys are active kinesthetic learners, so let's arrange an environ for that, we drug them so they will sit passively around inactive nonkinesthetic learners. These drugs are in many cases scientifically demonstrated to be as bad or worse than coc aine in several ways. And there is no decent science on the medium or longterm effects on the human brain. So kids are just open experimental lab rats -- especially boys, who find it much harder to sit still and shut up when young, and this is not a character flaw, this is simply a difference between genders.

I think it continues in the rather bizarre set of opposite messages they get all their life. Sex is overwhelmingly focused on, and certainly internally and hormonally it needed no help for most males, but then they're made to feel like cretins for wanting it, and they're expected to stay surreally nonsexual until way after their species genetic baseline sends them into it, as well as stay passive concerning forcing the outward motion of making their way in life, with our artificially extended childhood (ref: John Taylor Gatto's stuff) causing our people, most affected by it are men, to be sitting still (and maybe drugged) in school when biologically they should probably be out DO-ing something (as opposed to in gangs, which is about the only form of "do-ing something" men have the option for, unless their dad's a cowboy or rancher, until they're older).

And let's not start on media and culture sexualizing women into around a 17-18 year old mold, pretty much the message to them from birth to death, except one day that's normal and the next day they go to prison for that. Men almost have to entrain themselves to appreciate women who are not nearly-children because there is so little positive example of such in the media -- even women on TV who are 50 years old have body and face made to look like they're 20.

Then there's the adulthood stereotypes they deal with daily. I've known more women who beat up on their men than vice-versa, and I mean to a really crazy even hospitalization degree -- and if he complained, little more than a word on her part would have his children torn from him helplessly, his neighbors probably mocking him and any claim she made believed by the authorities because she's the seemingly helpless one.

And I've known a ridiculous number of men who've been raped (by both genders), yet culturally to hear the stereotypes you'd think every man was some kind of barbarian on the edge (separate thread about that here just recently).

And don't even start me on the general injustice related to children in divorce situations, which of course can go both ways, but is much more likely to trash the fatherhood side than the other way around.

Then there's the growing bias in culture against fathers in general, as if fatherhood is something peripherally optional and mostly useful for child support payments, and the growing number of single mothers -- and the horrifying statistics that make it clear this is not ideal at all -- which seems like it's just an accepted change in culture, rather than a truly unfortunate situation for which culturally we should be looking into the why-and-how-to-reduce-this element instead. (Note: I am a long-term single mother of a 17 year old girl. Still, I see what is clear, and the stats don't lie on these things. Men are absolutely critical to the upbringing of children. Neither gender is 'impossible' to do without, but that is not to say that doing without either of them is not really really bad.)

Then there's the mass effect of horrible food. The estrogen-dominance makes women fatter and boys more passive, generally. Oh yeah, which is probably why prison food is now mostly soy, not meat. Now we can not only lock people up for years, utterly annihilating them body and mind and any hope of them returning as truly contributive members of society, often for something like 'a joint' or 'a fight' or even 'sex that seemed ok at the time,' but we can make them more passive, less-energetic, more-depressive near-women while we're at it.

It's a miracle when a man grows up to have actual character and honor, given how little example of this there seems to be in our culture. I think some men get a sort of forced-re/fathering by joining the military, which is a rather harsh way to get it, but perhaps is better than nothing in many cases.

And then there's the almost complete lack of respect for the concept of elders in our culture, for both genders. For men this generally means no role models, no serious conversation about a thousand serious subjects that really NEED older men to be part of feedback and advice about.

I'd like to see more men's organizations that had local chapters, activities, everything from book clubs to basketball nights to checkers-chess-backgammon evenings where men could just talk to other men without some requirement of shallow fantasy-football teenage-level mindlessness like you'd get in a local sports bar.

What options do men really have in today's world? Especially if they aren't in church, or they don't live local to a group of old soldier buddies for example? When you get older you can't just go knock on doors and go "Hey can the kid with red hair come out to play?"

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

There is a lot of talk about various agendas, such as an agenda to emasculate the men so it is easier to control them when the new world order comes, and so on.

No, the agenda is to vilify and demonize men's culture and celebrate and encourage women's culture all in the same breath.

This type of reasoning implicitly asserts that feminine characteristics are of lesser importance -

Of course, because any kind of discourse that involves asking women to done down the feminism, which with all due respect is rampant and out of control, we are told that we are being chauvinists or misogynists.

There is no patriarchy in North America. Women out number men in public sector jobs, including government, which means they hold more influence. Equal pay for equal work is a flat out lie, as the statistics they use to calculate wages for women include stay at home moms who don't make any money...

You are right though, feminism, and misogyny are tools of control to keep us fighting amongst ourselves.

I understand that women had it rough for a very long time and a lot of this is the result of pendulum swinging back towards the center, but if we aren't careful it's going to get just as extreme for men as it has been for women.

Egalitarianism is the only thing one can define themselves as if they want to a social justice warrior and not be made fun of.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I suspect part of why men of all ages are experiencing lower levels of T is possibly because women are choosing mates with naturally lower levels to breed with. I'd really like to see some studies in the West on which men successfully breed the most vs. the ones who never did or only fathered one child.

It does seem like all of my female friends settled down and eventually had kids with the nicer guys. Not that men with higher T can't be nice, but my observation of them as "nice" includes a lot of other factors to make me wonder if they have low T. Rounder, softer faces, sparse facial hair, good set of hair on their heads in their 40s. Also they seem to be the type to work with women as a team rather than try to be in charge of it all.

I'm just curious. No disrespect meant to anyone regardless of T level.

top topics

join