It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Thank You" to these government employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

NOAA forecasters working through the government shutdown estimated an almost-even 45% chance of polar geomagnetic storms when the CME arrived. The CME justified those relatively high odds, sparking a G1-class geomagnetic storm around the poles.

SpaceWeather.com

Now, all the talk of the shut down has people jumpin and hollerin about this that or the other as to whom is to blame.

A quick visit to the NOAA website gives you this:

But I can guarantee you that the scientists are not leaving their data and research alone, regardless of whether or not Uncle Sam is sharing out his rations as is attested to the above-quoted section from SpaceWeather.

Now, I hope that my calling attention to what these scientists are doing won't bring in the stormtroopers what with there being such a ruckus around the WWII memorial and all.

No, it's the websites, and the data they contain, which are 'shut down' or more correctly, 'access restricted' to we the people who have paid for such research and physical machines upon which the information is stored.

You're going to tell me that they've turned off all the servers and powered down all of the databases they've built up?

No, that data is still there, we just can't access it. Some policy was implemented which forwarded any request to the "Sorry we are closed, call again later" sign they hung up.

Closing off access to that information is right on par with those pathetic 3 foot barricades that were put up.

[Insert SMFH emoticon]

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The reason all the "closed for business" signs are up is because if they didn't, know one would care, and people would start thinking, "hey, gov says their down but I still can do x y, z... Making it a non-issue

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Precisely, I mean we can't start have people thinking that they can think for themselves, now can we?

Big brothe...er, Uncle Sa....er, Obam....., er someone will coddle and cuddle them, won't they?

join