It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare killing health insurance coverage for spouses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Seems "Obamacare" needs its own forum. Oh well. That's above my paygrade.

This report is coming from Joshua Cook via benswann.com

I am employed by one of the largest CRO's in the industry and all employees received a "Health Insurance Marketplace Notice" regarding coverage options. At this point, it doesn't look like Obamacare will affect my wife and I. Who knows if that will change down the road, I'm sure it will.

The report (partial):

More and more employers are dropping spousal health insurance coverage in response to the extra burdens imposed by Obamacare. These trends illustrate how increasing numbers of people will become dependent on the program’s federal health exchanges. They also clearly counter Obama’s now-infamous claim that “if you like your coverage you can keep it.”

Larger companies have begun the process of “carving out” spouses, meaning that they refuse coverage to any spouse who is eligible for coverage provided by their own employer. This year, only 4% of companies engaged in the practice, but next year that figure is expected to rise to 12%. UPS and the University of Virginia are two of the most recent and high-profile companies to announce this change, with UPS’s change alone affecting over 15,000 families.

Harry Reid has openly stated that Obamacare would lead to a single-payer system, and it’s not difficult to see how this is the case. Federal healthcare exchanges can also be overwhelmed, especially if large numbers of young, healthy people decide to pay the fine instead of purchasing healthcare. Ultimately, Obamacare will not be economically sustainable for employers, individuals or the government, and when this proves to be the case, the federal government will surely push for more involvement rather than stepping back.

The ride has just begun.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Here are some more examples to back up your OP.

This guy is an accountant.

AND THIS

Interesting read on this HERE

So now what?

End your marriage to survive???
edit on 2-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You know, we just had our renewal here at work. I get to help with the decisions and was at the meeting. I was very surprised when the rep told us about this, and how more companies were going with that option.

So they are basically encouraging you not to be married.

Thank goodness my bosses aren't that cold.

new topics

join