It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two helicopters tracked me, weirdest experience ever!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not a gifted writer, so bear with me as I try to paint a good picture for you. Last Sunday I went mountain bike riding in an area just west of the urban sprawl of Las Vegas. To give you a better idea where I was, if you get on google maps and follow Tropicana all the way West it will turn North. Just to the west of that is a big park called Mesa park. The desert is just beyond that, and if you go another mile West and about a quarter mile North you will see a flood basin. If you zoom all the way in at the top of the basin there are a row of boulders, I was sitting on a boulder when this event took place.

Getting back to the beginning, mtb riding is the way I quiet my mind, it's my happy place. Usually after a 2-3 hour exhausting ride I will finish by sitting on a boulder at the top of that flood basin, contemplate the mysterys of the uuniverse, look at the stunning panorama of the Las Vegas strip and drink a cold beer.

The sun had set, and dusk was starting to fade to black. At the time my mind was in a very relaxed meditative/contemplative state, I was thinking about the recent ask me anything thread regarding the missing people in the wilderness areas. I started to think how weird it would be to have an experience like that, what happens to those people? I started to think about alien abduction being the cause. I thought that if an alien were to appear out of nowhere, that I would make sure it was one of the good guys before agreeing to go with it (I know it's strange). Shortly after that thought I noticed two flashing lights way out over the strip, just South of McCarran Airport. I was looking at the lights wondering if they were planes getting ready to land. As I watched these lights they seemed to be getting closer, the strip is 11 miles from where I was and the lights originally looked to be coming from behind it.

I'm locked onto these slowly pulsing lights in a mesmerizing way, wondering if they will fly overhead. As they get closer I can see that they are helicopters. At this point I'm starting to get a little keyed up because they are bee lining it to me. One of the helicopters arrives first and descends from approximately 500 feet down to approx 150 feet. The helicopter stops about 200-300 feet from where I'm sitting and just hovers there. I was definitely hoping my underwear was going to stay clean. The helicopter does a circle around me and hovers in the same spot. I am 100% sure that it is either going to land or start talking to me over a loudspeaker. Weird thing is it did not have any law enforcement identifiers, it looked like a regular commercial helicopter with two tones (light grey front, maroon with angle graphics behind the rear doors). The second helicopter shows up at this point and hovers on the other side of me.

I just have to say, cause I know the pics or it didn't happen comments will follow, that it didn't even occur to me to pull out my phone. I was so freaked out thinking I'm about to be disappeared, that it wasn't even on my radar, it's hard to understand until your in a situation where your adrenaline is pumping so hard you get tunnel vision.

The helicopters hovered for a total of probably 1:30-2 minutes, before turning and burning exactly where they came from. A few things to note here, first I got the hell out of there, went home and searched every helicopter tour company, every law enforcement/military/search and rescue helicopter in Las Vegas and came up with nothing. Secondly, I went to my local bike shop(which is less than a mile from this area) and asked the guys that ride that trail all the time if they have seen anything like that, and they had not. Thirdly, this is not a restricted area I was in.

In closing, what stood out to me with this incident was the fact that the helicopters knew exactly where I was, as there was no deviation in their flight path, on a rope as it were. The other thing that stood out was the fact that there was two of them, that seems a bit overkill with expensive as it is to operate those things. Any input would be great, cause I don't have a clue what that was all about.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Interesting story! I'm wondering if this Mesa Park is a National Park. I'm hearing that all National Parks are officially closed since the shutdown. Lots of people having to cancel plans to visit Grand Canyon and Rushmore and the like. It wouldn't make sense to fly two helos out to confront someone and not speak to them of course, but if they were gov, when DO they make sense?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Perhaps you may have been getting too close to a hidden place that TPTB don't want anyone to find.

And... as far as your writing goes... I think you expressed yourself very well. I think you are a good wriiter.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

The park is just a suburban neighborhood park with some baseball fields playground and such.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe they were rich boys on an adventure and just wanted to spook you. Be careful when your out in the sticks on your own.

Reminded me of an incident which took place when I lived in a suburban area around 16 years ago.
It was a bright sunny morning and I woke up to the sound of a helicopter hovering nearby. It was early around 6 and I got up, put some washing in the machine and opened my back door. The noise of the helicopter was loud and I went out into the garden to have a look. To my surprise the copter was hovering above my house. Not thinking too much of it I carried on with my housework. An hour or so later I went out side to put the washing out and it was still there. Again I thought it a bit odd, but continued with what I was doing. By around 9 it was still up there. A few of the neighbours had noticed by then and were standing out the front pointing at it.
At 11 I decided to go to the shops and asked one of the neighbours if they knew anything about it? One of them said they thought it was part of a treasure hunt programme. Off I went out and by lunch time when I arrived back home it was still there. Then a friend called round and he commented on it. We were puzzled because, how could it possibly still be there with out needing to refuel? Another couple of hours passed by. My friend was totally absorbed by it all and curious as he is an engineer and was totally perplexed by it. A few doors away a silly neighbour was pulling moonies at it high up on her garden wall and this thing was still ABOVE my house as if monitoring something. It was too high up to see any insignia, but from what we could make out the windows on it were blacked out. Eventually I got fed up straining my neck to look at it and my friend and I went out.
Funny treasure hunt though??? There was nothing about it on our local radio or tv as we checked.
It was literally up there all day!

hx

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you for the compliment, I too felt that maybe they have something going on there, part of the trails I was riding on is tucked behind a little mountain range, and would potentially be a great place to hide something and offers quick access to Vegas. I'm honestly stumped though because there is nothing out there (above ground) but desert.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Perhaps it was a 'helicopter pervert' watching the young lady who lives opposite you getting dressed.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Wow, that's a weird story too! Whoever it was regarding my story had to of known exactly where I was because from so many miles away they came STRAIGHT to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yup! The world's an odd place like that. This kind of stuff happens to me. Just something so bizarre that you know they're out there, but people will think you're crazy for even mentioning it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If you were on a peak after dark in North Las Vegas.

You were probably overlooking the Airport.

They fly JANET Flights every 30 minutes.

Quite a sensitive area. They probably would check you out.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Your right about that, the fringe part of me thinks that I may have been somehow telepathically putting a signal out that potentially attracted ufo activity. The helicopters may have been doing an intercept.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You will excuse me if first of all I say you are perhaps being just a little paranoid.

OP, the truth is actually much scarier, if you were being tailed you would not know it and if it was some kind of a "message" of a thread you would not then post it on ATS.

It could just be that these were search and rescue choppers who thought you might have been who they were looking for, it could have been some kind of training event, you might have just been near a heliport and so on and so forth there are a whole range of possibilities before you need to get to the "OMG Government are fallowing me in choppers".
edit on 2-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I wasn't in North Las Vegas and I wasn't on a peak. I was in the far west part of Vegas on the concrete portion of a flood basin, tucked between two ridges. The helicopters were less than a football field from me, I'm confident it wasn't airplanes from an airport. I know the op was kinda long but sheesh.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I made no assertions that it was the government, if you reread the op, I clearly state that I don't know who it was. As far as the options you presented, the only one that would work is the training exercise. Which begs the question, what kind of training exercise consists of harassing the public?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

It certainly caused a stir lol There was a lot of gossip about it afterwards.

How long can helicopters stay up there for and hover in the same spot? The mind boggles!!
Also these treasure hunt programmes that were around at the time wouldn't send a helicopter over a built up area as there would have been safety issues, surely over a residential spot like that. Ok granted the nearest airport wasn't that far away, but it didn't fly off and come back again.

hx

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Could not see anyone in the cock pit either and NOT remote control!! Well you could make out something but not clearly.

hx

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Operation catch fish is back on we have found the minnow.
Continuing follow in 4 3 2 1 ...

Birds are back!

JK

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yes indeed,maybe you were close to a secret base or maybe the helicopters were actually UFO's which had sensed that you are thinking about stuff relating aliens and science.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Having spontaneous creepy stuff happen like this will definitely upset anyone's mind.. These things can be very mind bending. I know because I have had things happen similarly. I was once standing outside my family farm home and was having the same types of thoughts as you were having, and then I could hear a strange buzzing sound coming from the sky above me, but I couldn't see anything.. It was cloudy that day, and the noise was above me so I thought maybe it was above cloud level..

It was getting closer until it suddenly became quiet again. At this point, I heard one of our overhead garage doors opening and hear a car coming up the hill, but still couldn't see the car.. And then both these sounds faded as I walked to the garage doors and saw they weren't open, and no car was coming and none was in sight all they down the long driveway when I went to look..

This was really strange.. I know how it feels, but your experience would even be much more fear inducing..

I wonder if those helo pilots were using latest gen. night vision and saw you far away is possible, but I wonder who they could be with no obvious police or military markings..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Lol, good one! I'm not really the paranoid type, now if the mib show up at my front door that's a different story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join