It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON CME blast sun reaction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Anyone following the ison comet coming in November? I've seen a lot of chatter about it and people making connections to the sun reaction as the comet passed mars.

m.youtube.com...

The iSON/MARS conjunction warning has been CONFIRMED. The SUN reacted EXACTLY AS EXPECTED with a MASSIVE double filament CME blast as iSON flew past the IMF connection between MARS and the SUN. Today, October 1st, 2013, the U.S. Government has shut down. Unfortunately, many more things will be shutting down in the weeks and months ahead. PREPARE now for iSON's approach to the SUN in NOVEMBER. Time is running out!!

NBC is our comet network? m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
From your original quote~

Government has shut down. Unfortunately, many more things will be shutting down in the weeks and months ahead. PREPARE now for iSON's approach to the SUN in NOVEMBER. Time is running out!!

I've been following ISON.... Not in depth but that honestly reads as sensationlistic coverage.

Not to say I don't believe in certain "Myths and Legends" or even "Prophecies" just... Really.... I can see some young kids reading this and taking everything out of context...

So what exactly is going to happen with the "Sun and ISON"??? I'd like to know because I have not heard that one yet....

Best regards,

sulaw

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

One problem: C/2012 S1 (ISON) did not pass between the Sun and Mars. It's above the ecliptic and it will be crossing Mars' orbit today.

Another problem: There was no CME on October 1st. There was one on September 29th though.

edit on 10/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

Let's try to use some basic logic here...
Do you realize the Sun's mass is about a gazzilion times bigger than this tiny comet?
So, what do you think ISON is capable to do to Sun?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

The mass ratio is indeed enormous. Keep an open mind. There may be an electric interaction between the two which isn't covered by the prevailing model of comet composition. Plasma discharges (like lightning) could occur.

It's a fringe hypothesis, but one that does have some observational support. For instance, significant amounts ultra-violet radiation and some x-rays have been observed emitting from the comet core. This has no explanation. So "ISON" will be a good experiment.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

No explanation?
Excuse my silly question but did you read the article you linked?

The CXE mechanism requires that the observed X-ray emission is driven by the solar wind flux and that the bulk of the observed X-ray emission be in lines. Localization of the emission to the sunward half of the coma, a solar wind flux-like time dependence, and a line-emission-dominated spectral signature of the observed emission all strongly point to the solar wind charge exchange mechanism as being responsible for cometary X-rays.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 10/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

There may be an electric interaction between the two which isn't covered by the prevailing model of comet composition. Plasma discharges (like lightning) could occur.

I would have to disagree. Only reaction explained is what is happening when comets encounters solar winds, as any other body with magnetic field.

top topics

join