It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII VETS storms closed DC Memorial, Obama administration threatens with arrestorders

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just in; Oh its happening. On a direct order from the White House, to arrest any trespassing WW2 Veterans, this happened;

One WWII Vet told Fox4KC.com the group will "find a way in, one way or another. We might have to climb or something. It's no problem. Well work it out when we get there."

Other sites reported many Obama national park thug troopers arriving to the monument to stop or even arrest those breaking through the barrier during the Gov shutdown.

It seems to me the first shots of what seems to be a revolution by the ppl and/or civil war, might be started by 90 year old guys and not kids at home shivering at the very thought of looking beyond their iphoner screens and in the face of a real revolution with real hangings of the Washington DC Traitors, currently boozing (ref Huff post) and laughing at this suffering nation.

link 2link 1
edit on 2-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Republican National Committee says it will pay to keep WWII Memorial open for 30 days

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

On a direct order from the White House, to arrest any trespassing WW2 Veterans,

Didn't see that wording in the articles linked. What was the source?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

Republican National Committee says it will pay to keep WWII Memorial open for 30 days

www.breakingnews.com...

Already denied by the administration. Read the Huff post.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

roadgravel

On a direct order from the White House, to arrest any trespassing WW2 Veterans,

Didn't see that wording in the articles linked. What was the source?

The order directing federal agencies to "execute plans for an orderly shutdown due to the absence of appropriations" was issued by White House Budget Director Sylvia Burwell just before midnight Monday. Directly subordinate to Obama.

Read Yahoo news.

or this:

, Rep. Steve King (R-IA), distracted park police giving the veterans the opportunity to break through the barricades. After traveling from Mississippi for what may be their last opportunity to view the memorial, these veterans were not going to be denied. Having fought against tyranny in the past, they were not going to allow tyranny to prevent them from paying homage at the memorial erected in their honor.

link

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This brought tears to my eyes.

Arrest those men? Seriously, Obozo... really?

CdT

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Title is misleading. In both articles there no mention of an arrest order.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It`s only day 2 of the government shutdown and it`s getting ugly fast.
pelosi is calling for defunding veteran benefits until the shutdown is over and the president is calling for the arrest of 90 year old veterans who want to see the memorial that they donated money to build.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So his specifically stated to go arrest WW2 vets, not just do a shutdown.
edit on 10/2/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Tardacus
It`s only day 2 of the government shutdown and it`s getting ugly fast.
pelosi is calling for defunding veteran benefits until the shutdown is over and the president is calling for the arrest of 90 year old veterans who want to see the memorial that they donated money to build.

Please provide a source for Polosi calling for the defunding of veterans benefits, visited the VA medical center today, and basically saw no signs of any sort of defunding.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Anyone find data to back up the arrest order, or is it an outright lie posted here?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't think our President has the life experience, literally, to even begin to fathom the level of offense, deep deep hard feelings and outright contempt he is creating for himself by these specific actions against THIS group of Americans. The closest he seems to come to Military service is ordering a Marine to hold an umbrella to keep his precious hair from seeing moisture. (facepalm)

Things like this...are what are deep enough to remember next election. Things like this...make landslides in ways people don't expect. We'll see how this plays out and how much farther the man wants to go against American citizens with more class in their little finger than Obama possesses in his whole body.

*** By the way.. to remove *ALL* question for EVERYONE defending any part of this?! Everything (there are more than one) that has jurisdiction over this piece of land, comes under executive branch control. Obama is, without question (Literally...without ability to question) in charge of everything on the Executive Branch. If he cannot directly order a Park Policeman to remove those barricades? He personally hired the man that runs the department that cop works for.

If Obama wanted to end this sideshow of shame...he could..with the stroke of one pen, on one sheet of paper. That fast.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I could not star or flag the OP....so I figured I would simply post a reply in support of our Vets themselves. I would be careful before I run in there to push them out also.

These guys have faced true h--- before, I imagine they don't scare so easy.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I'll make a leap --- outright lie. Park Police are ordered to shutdown federal parks. People show up. Park Police attempt to do their jobs. No WH orders. If people REALLY believe that a politician would do something THAT stupid then they, too, should seriously consider becoming a politician. It's a crock. I'll place money on it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

roadgravel

So his specifically stated to go arrest WW2 vets, not just do a shutdown.
edit on 10/2/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

The bad news are coming fast now. The Obama admin seems to have declared war on the republicans with this ugly trick:

“If we have insufficient cash on hand, it would be impossible for the United States of America to meet all of its obligations for the first time in our history,” he wrote. “For this reason, I respectfully urge Congress to act immediately to meet its responsibility by extending the nation’s borrowing authority.”
The Obama administration has said it will not negotiate over the debt ceiling, arguing Congress needs to act

Read more: www.politico.com...

It seems Obama is also ready to let the Nation crash the 17th October. Which actually will happen the 20th as the Tokyo markets open and the USD nosedives like a WWII Stuka bomber.

I think this is the NWO starting their war against humanity by first throwing US and its currency into chaos and after that Europe and Asia. Everything in order to start their Digital SDR (special drawing rights) currency from Basel Schweiz which will enslave all nations under one electronic currency (they issue at their leisure).

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What a bunch of idiots. I'm sorry, but I have to call a spade a spade...soldiers aren't known for their intellect.

If this is what they want, Obama should give it to them. Pull all the Park Service employees from all the memorials and monuments...let the idiot mobs flock to them, let the garbage pile up, let the monuments go to crap without proper maintenance and care.

Then watch the idiots complain about Obama allowing it to happen. People are stupid, which is exactly why we need government because people need to be governed and told what to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

it's not the information on the shutdown, it's the statement you made about ordering the arrest of WW2 vets. You can't undo it with deflection.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

AlienScience

What a bunch of idiots. I'm sorry, but I have to call a spade a spade...soldiers aren't known for their intellect.

If this is what they want, Obama should give it to them. Pull all the Park Service employees from all the memorials and monuments...let the idiot mobs flock to them, let the garbage pile up, let the monuments go to crap without proper maintenance and care.

Then watch the idiots complain about Obama allowing it to happen. People are stupid, which is exactly why we need government because people need to be governed and told what to do.

Many of these "idiots" you claim them to be, died for you to have a free country. You on the other hand contributed in a way for an NWO puppet like Obama to take the white house. A white house that now directly or indirectly resists these true war-heroes entrance to something they have travelled far to visit before they die.

You should be f..ing ashamed of yourself.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but oh well.
The parks are closed, people. Just because you had a career choice or service period in the military doesn't necessarily give you any special entitlements to park entry more so than anyone else when the doors are shuttered (so to speak) The country is in fiscal shambles. They were closed because of that. If a regular Joe or Josephine can't get in when a park is shut down, no one else deserves special treatment during that downtime. If the vets can get in when it's closed up, then rightfully, so should everyone else. Otherwise, it simply isn't fair to show preference, special treatment or entitlement like that. Everyone else has to deal with "Sorry, we're closed." I understand these are very old folks with not a lot of time left, but age doesn't justify defying the closures out of smugness.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Facts? Facts??? He don't need to show you no stinking facts!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join