It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Have A BIG Announcement On November 13th!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The site looks fake completely. Clearly though Nasa has had some individuals who want to make somethings known, thus lasts years earth shaking announcement that never happened along with others like it...as the ones in power do not want us to know, whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Amazing how people never learns..

Lets see..

1. A site with a questionable name
2. It asks for your email and says its to keep you updated.. On something that will be revealed on nov 13.
3. Links to some official NASA accounts, like no one else could do that easily.

Just because they link to those pages doesn't mean they own them or are related, think... Lol

Its so obviously a marketing site for a book, movie, game or who knows what, how can people think otherwise? Its there right in front of you!

Anyway..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by juice656

www.youtube.com...

I found this video highly interesting with Alex Jones and Bob Fletcher about an imminent planet changing event.Not saying its real but it sure makes you think.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
yes look: WE FIND A Rock with symbols. some bull#. why not the real stuff thats not smired

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Tardacus
That`s funny, it was at this same time last year that NASA announced that they would soon be releasing an "earthshaking" announcement.That announcement turned out to be less than earthshaking, in fact most of us don`t even remember what that announcement was.

For those who don't remember, I think they announced that the soil on Mars was red.... maybe this time they'll tell us the planet has gravity or something...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
it would be very interesting if this were real but I doubt it. A lot of people here have noticed some things about it that just make it seem fake. I just looked into the site itself more. I noticed that some of the images used on the page were "Last Modified Jan-03-2013." In fact, all but 1 image was modified on that date. And what is that lone new image? The NASA logo... Hmmmm I'm going to keep looking because it's fun but I doubt it's anything real.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

juice656The website is supposebly unreleased and isn't supposed to be released to the public yet due to the gov shutdown.

One more aspect of the "Con" side of this situation that I didn't see addressed:
If you want a website to be ready for release, but also to be currently unreleased, you can:
Purchase an available domain name,
Create the site & finalize it on your local drive, then upload it to your domain.

If you don't want people to find it yet, you can't:
Have the hosting company assign DNS (Domain Name System) servers to point to the site's URL or IP address.
As this site already has 5 DNS servers assigned (by contrast, CNN.Com only uses 4), I'm a bit cynical about the original story regarding the "unreleased" status of this site.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

This sounds like self promotion by Alex Jones.

And I'm pretty sure he has pulled this trick before.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

NASA is down because of the federal shut down. Limited services only.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If I had a dollar for every time that NASA has made such an claim, I would be sitting on my yacht in sunny climes with bevy of bikini models fanning ma and feeding me grapes.

I'm not gonna get too excited.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Could be this

Almost Earth-like Exoplanets
NASA’s Kepler mission has discovered a 5-planet system that includes a hot Mars and four super-Earths, two of which might host liquid water. These aren’t quite the Earth-like exoplanets Kepler’s been looking for, but they’re close.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's defiantly not NASA. The site www.rememberthe13th.com is on the same IP as www.opblackout.com and a few other sites. Considering www.opblackout.com was also a countdown site to OCT 1st. Now on OCT 1 the site www.rememberthe13th.com was bought and created . There has been many Threads here on ATS about the countdown on www.opblackout.com.

Just for shiz and giggles, here is a little theory. I am unsure if opblackout.com is from Hacker group or not. But maybe the countdown to OCT 1st was for the Gov. shutdown. Close to 1 million Gov workers are furloughed, so maybe there is alot of GOV. servers being unattended to which would make it much easier to hack. Hence the date Nov 13th will be the date of an actual blackout? Again that theory is for shiz and giggles only

Oh by the way here is the other 2 sites on the IP, but that does not mean its owned by the same person. However

rockstarannouncement.com and www.opblackout.com are all through ENOM and protected by WhoisGuard. So more than likely all 3 domains are owned by the same person.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bragi

haha, nice find. I googled the phrase "wow! thats a big sreen" and the site was made with a Wordpress theme template.

themeforest.net...

If NASA was going to make a site like this I think they would hire a designer for an original design. The site seems fake to me as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow, I'm seeing this site get like 100 tweets per hour :O I've seen some gov sites hire web designers and of course since it's cheaper for the web designer to go and find a template. It's been done and maybe NASA is using this discovery propaganda to distract us from the Power Grid Blackout drills on Nov 13th. It seems fishy

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I remember some time ago, they had some huge announcement and it turned out to be rather muted in my opinion. Something like finding bacteria or something, somewhere. See, that's how memorable the announcement was!

I can guarantee you that alien life would never be announced through a website that's counting down to a reveal date.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by Bragi

haha, nice find. I googled the phrase "wow! thats a big sreen" and the site was made with a Wordpress theme template.

themeforest.net...

If NASA was going to make a site like this I think they would hire a designer for an original design. The site seems fake to me as well.

Nice find! I think that closes the case.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well, someone's email marketing list just grew without them having to do much.

Signing up to the newsletter has an advantage - at least then you'll know exactly where and why you're getting spam email from random companies for the next decade. Your email address has just been sold to a third party!

Surprised such a ridiculous ploy is allowed to stay here in the aliens forum tbh

Still - I guess time will tell... Probably the same way it told it the last several times a big announcement was due...
edit on 3-10-2013 by markymint because: I forgot something

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow. I certainly hope that NONE of you people are really buying into this!! So many things have been mentioned already...things that immediately grabbed my attention when I first viewed the page...such as:

* hilarious (and childish) look and feel of the entire thing, font, graphics, etc.

* doing a bit of quick research, leading to the WordPress theme and inserted NASA logo
* the Twitter and Facebook links which point to "Mars Curiosity", etc.
* the ridiculous astronaut and misspelled word, "sreen"
* the hidden registrant info on a WhoIs search
* and the last bit, which actually made me laugh out loud for real...did anyone else look at the page source?

It's almost always one of the first things I do, as I created websites in a former life

I didn't see anything odd in the body of the html page, but I did notice the following in the meta tags near the top of the document: meta name="author" content="Bilderbergs; FEMA; NASA.GOV"

I mean, really?? I'm sure that NASA would really place those words in the meta tags of the page!
Bilderbergs?!?! Yeah, that page is legit!

I think we can safely assume that the 13th will bring absolutely nothing in the way of a huge NASA announcement. I, too, have seen that posted regularly...and it never amounts to anything.

On a brighter note: the 13th is my daughter's birthday.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It's about ISON and we're all gonna' die.
Or it could be as exciting as their other "big" announcements. Ho-hum.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

KittyGalore
I didn't see anything odd in the body of the html page, but I did notice the following in the meta tags near the top of the document: meta name="author" content="Bilderbergs; FEMA; NASA.GOV"

I was just going to say the exact same thing. From that alone I'd say that the site is:
- aimed specifically at Conspiracy Theorists.
- very fake and has nothing to do with NASA.

Personally I would strongly advise against giving an e-mail address to them.

Also, if anyone has the know-how, they can perhaps use the Google Analytics ID to get more info on the site owner/creator?

From the Google Analytics Script:

ga('create', 'UA-44534525-1', 'rememberthe13th.com');

I tried with reverseinternet.com but didn't get any hits...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join