It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Have A BIG Announcement On November 13th!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kountzero

Hmmm....i'm not so sure an organisation like NASA would use a company called 'Namecheap.com' for domain hosting.

Could be wrong, might be a rush job due to Gov closing up shop, but it doesn't seem like their style to me.

And yeah, we've all heard the 'NASA has a BIG announcemnet' crap at least twice before now.

3rd time lucky eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nasa has definitely found a squirrel shaped rock on Mars. !JUST BREAKING! There does not seem to be any acorn shaped rocks.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They will say.... Dear Americans, Due to the current state of the economy and gov't shutdown that has been implemented since OCT. 1st. Nasa is officially shutting it's doors until further notice... Additionally Aliens are real and are here as you read this.... God bless and heaven help us.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kountzero

By the way:

WhoisGuard, Inc.
WhoisGuard Protected
P.O. Box 0823-03411
Panama, Panama NA PA
+507.8365503
Fax +51.17057182 - See more at: www.enom.com...

The above information is only about WhoisGuard, Inc. The service used to protect the registers in this case. The only thing the info gives about the site is that it was registered through Enom, which seems like they offer reselling services to other companies.

www.enom.com...

It's possible it's legit, as gov agencies have hired out marketing teams in the past, and let them register special event sites. Is it likely, or is this one legit?

I kinda doubt it as there is no other information floating around about this site... Seems like its a marketing ploy to scoop up names.

But we can all wish cant we?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why would NASA register a website via whoisguard?

And this website was only registered yesterday (oct 1st), surely if this announcement was planned, and the website was being working on and currently unreleased, they would have registered and been working on it before the gov shutdown?

This sounds more like someone wanting to cash in the gov shutdown hype

Enom whois info

edit on 2/10/13 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is something interesting:

Well it turns out that NASA can’t spend a penny of taxpayer dollars on advertising. In fact the military is the only government agency that is allowed to have ad campaigns.

motherboard.vice.com...

I found this looking into NASA's media campaigns. One guy from canada started making his own campaigns for NASA online. While they have no budget on media, they do have a ton of people working on social media online and have received some awards for their efforts.

The agency has nearly 500 social-media accounts across multiple social networks that are managed by employees at 10 different field centers. That's a lot of tweets and Facebook updates. In April, NASA's Twitter account -- which has some 4.4 million followers -- was awarded its second consecutive "Shorty award" for the best government use of social media.

Read more: www.entrepreneur.com...

www.entrepreneur.com...

Officially though, they have no marketing budget it seems, just the jobs of random people through the company.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Kr0nZ
Why would NASA register a website via whoisguard?

And this website was only registered yesterday (oct 1st), surely if this announcement was planned, and the website was being working on and currently unreleased, they would have registered and been working on it before the gov shutdown?

This sounds more like someone wanting to cash in the gov shutdown hype

Enom whois info

edit on 2/10/13 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

Maybe this was planned by someone waiting to scoop up emails. They launch the site yesterday knowing there is a government shutdown looming, knowing that NASA can't make an official statement back because they are shutdown.

Wait a couple weeks, scoop up hundreds if not thousands of email addresses, and NASA comes out, states the site isn't theirs, the owners shut it down and walk away with an email list to sell to third parties for science-related advertising.

There's a plausible theory.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Also interesting is the date....Happens to coincide with GridEx II, the North American grid power out drill from NERC

NERC GridExII

And I am thinking if it is an official NASA announcement that it has something to do with Voyager 1 since the word "One" is capitalized in the bottom paragraph on the webpage...makes me think maybe Voyager 1 has found something really cool.
edit on 10/2/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Isn't Nov. 13-14 when the government is conducting Gridex 2013?

Gridex

Interesting date.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Maybe this was planned by someone waiting to scoop up emails.

And... Boncho gets a star.

Either that or it's some college student working on a term paper.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
*yawn*

NASA will announce they've found even STRONGER evidence of water on Mars for the 100th time. *eyeroll*

If Alex Jones has gotten a scoop on it, it means it'll be even more underwhelming. Maybe they've found some kind of mineral on Mars they've never seen before.

Who cares? Send people already.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

MDDoxs
reply to post by juice656

Looks like a scam to capture names and email address...be wary.

The Facebook page seems to imply something involving mars and curiosity. Breaking: MARS HAS BE VERIFIED TO POSSIBLE HAVE HAD OCEANS... .

Edit:

Maybe not a scam. Twitter has verified the account meaning its probably not fraudulent
edit on 2-10-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Oceans on Mars? OMG!!!! What?!!!! *yawn*

We've had:

1. Mariner program (1960's orbital recon)

2. Viking program (1970's lander/soil sampler)

3. Pathfinder program (1990s rover)

4. Mars Global Surveyor (1990's orbital recon)

5. Mars Odyssey (early 2000's orbital spectrometer)

6. Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (mid-2000's satellite/cameras)

7. Spirit and Opportunity (mid 2000's rover program)

8. Curiosity (current, rover)

And that is *just* NASA's contribution to Mars exploration. Add in the Europeans and the Russians and that list nearly triples.

Why in the HELL are we WASTING money on these rovers and orbiting satellites?! What else is there to learn?! Why don't we not send rovers/probes for a decade and instead send some people?

Oh wait, it's NASA.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

liquidsmoke206
Ah yes....the ol' "big announcement from NASA" thread.

Those of us who have been on ATS for more than a week have seen this post over and over.
IF there's an announcement it will be something mundane that only the nerdiest of scientists will find interesting. There will be nothing Earth shaking or shattering. I will bet my entire life savings on it. I'm dead serious.

Threads like this are as common and pointless as the ol' "look at this thing that I'm too stupid to realize is just a rock on Mars" threads.

NEXT!

IF, and this is a big, fat IF, this pans out to be a true NASA announcement, I really hope it has something profound to do with Voyager 1 (or 2, even) Or that we've gotten a whole heck of a lot batter at mapping foreign planet atmospheres than they recently let on, and it's as damn good as detailed images from afar.

However, for the date to be leaked over 6 weeks from the announcement date, coupled with the sketchy hosting, that makes me think giant honkin' hoax from someone else. Likely a data fisher.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That`s funny, it was at this same time last year that NASA announced that they would soon be releasing an "earthshaking" announcement.That announcement turned out to be less than earthshaking, in fact most of us don`t even remember what that announcement was.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Correct. Whoisguard is a company that HIDES the real owner of a domain from whois lookups. Anyone who buys a domain can buy a service like this that protects the real owner and provides anonymity. Otherwise they get your name, address and phone number. And that's the silliest looking spaceship I have ever seen. Total BS from start to finish. Not even good guerilla marketing.

edit on 10/2/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

It's registered with namecheap.com and the actual owner information is protected using WhoisGuard, Inc. Seems strange that NASA would make their info private for this domain. Maybe not.

It's hosted here: billing.dacentec.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would say it is something about Ison. By that time they will have a much better projection of what will happen to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wait a couple weeks, scoop up hundreds if not thousands of email addresses, and NASA comes out, states the site isn't theirs, the owners shut it down and walk away with an email list to sell to third parties for science-related advertising.

As an internet marketer, I can pretty much guarantee that is exactly what is going on.

Considering the website registrar has protected his/her identity and location with Whois Guard, then surely it stands to reason that it isn't NASA that has registered it......or they wouldn't have put their logo on it for all to see would they

It's a clever ploy, I've been looking round the net at various forums etc.......you'd be surprised by the number of people that have willingly given their email addresses.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I would say it is something about Ison. By that time they will have a much better projection of what will happen to it.

That's hardly earth-shattering news.

... and it's a fake site.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
NASA found water on Earth. News at 11.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join