It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Have A BIG Announcement On November 13th!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

LMAO I love Chapelle, sure miss the show.

You're right about the "Ginormous NASA Announcement Eminent!!!!!!!!!!!" threads that turn out to be traces of something that might maybe mean that there might maybe be a possibility that life might maybe be or have existed on a planet/moon...

I say it's just the usual, but we'll see. Would be awesome if it were for real and it was something like "Warp drive proven feasible now" or "Alien Life Confirmed (and they don't want to kill us)" or something.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
maybe all Alien files will be released by NASA because I've joined the conspiracy

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The big announcement is that there are kligons circling around Uranus

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They found microbial life in the Martian water extracted from Martian soil. No biggie really, we all know life is abundant in space already.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i replied in another thread, but here it is in the bigger thread.

I had to reply because, this isn't some sort of hoax to get email addresses. It is something called an ARG or Alternate Reality Game. They are used for everything from fun to viral marketing. It is a game. Now I havent confirmed this over at the ARG site I use but the whois data is the same for many many ARG's to protect people, called puppetmasters, from getting hacked or inundated with emails asking for help. For more about ARG's in general Check Unfiction

My guess is that this has something to do with the new space movie coming out - Gravity.

But anyway, according to my ARG buddies at work, this one is viral marketing for something, the countdown is for the game/marketing to start. When the clock runs out, you will most likely have to scour the page for clues in anything from the coding, to messages hidden in sound files, to the lamer versions that give you direct links to everything.

A friend at an arg site thinks its for this tv show, could be? show

If you have never played an ARG, check out the site above. I have a few highly recommended ones that are now over that people can go through the topic to get an idea of how they work. Just message me if you want some links. I was even a puppetmaster in a few a long time ago when I still had time. Anyway, if you entered your email, don't stress, you will probably get a few odd messages from whoever is running the game but thats it.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Blinkydoo because: tv show

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The dates been changed to the 6th folks if nobody has said this already.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Cute:-)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by juice656

The biggest & best announcement NASA could make is that they are no longer going to be ran by the government

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I think sometimes Alex is riding Shotgun on an empty stagecoach

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cumingsj

Then who would they be ran by?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I already know, that I will be disappointed somehow... even though I think if this is not officialy from NASA, the person behind it could get sued for impersonating the NASA.
I think this is not an official site, since they would not be able to make a statement during shutdown, if it is real NASA and they get the allowance it must be something big.
And if this is real NASA and is something big I go for: Mars had life once and emmigrated to earth and we are of Marsian origin

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised if all your pcs have been turned into zombies or something by clicking the link.. According to my bitdefender it says its unsafe

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Matt.Trakker
I wouldnt be surprised if all your pcs have been turned into zombies or something by clicking the link.. According to my bitdefender it says its unsafe

nope, checked everything. No possible way. I checked all _javascripts that are executed by this site, nothing malicious.
Also nothing got loaded into the memory of my pc.

edit: I just want to make sure, that I would not recommend to enter an email adress there. Probably just a phishing site and possible the reason it got flagged. Btw. I would also recommend to only visit it with _javascripted turned off when they announce whatever they want to announce, since they might activate some java drive by then.
edit on 4-10-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Isn't fraud to use a government symbol like they do in this weird add? If NASA had a announcement, it would be on their official web site, or scheduled. It would be a week or two in advance, not a month.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
*reopened*
edit on 10/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by juice656

I dont get my hopes up over these things anymore. It will probably be something like "we found dried sulfates under a rock on Mars which proves there was water under that rock once" or something like that. Earth shattering to a scientist who is going to write a groundbreaking paper and get published, not Earth shattering to the average person. If they find a starship crashed on one Saturn's moons, or get a signal from Arcturus, THAT'S Earth shattering. But if something like that happened, I doubt they would even tell us.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
wouldn't NASA have a problem with their logo and name being used for a scam?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Foxnews.com already announced it today... first words of top story.

Collision Course.

I know I know... but I found it funny.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Marketing campaign?? Spot the difference...

Manipal Posters

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

RoScoLaz
wouldn't NASA have a problem with their logo and name being used for a scam?

Perhaps with the government shutdown (which includes much of NASA), there aren't enough people to enforce trademark infractions.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join