It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare enforcement, does anyone actually believe this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

The following is from your linked article. Tell me how anyone making any of those income levels will not feel the impact of this?

If that resident made just under $17,235, he would get a subsidy of $236 and pay a maximum of $57. That person would also have no deductible and pay only $3 for primary care visits because he is getting additional subsidies to minimize his out-of-pocket costs.

If his income was just under $28,725, his subsidy would only be $101 and he'd have to fork over as much as $193 a month. He'd have a $1,500 deductible and pay $40 a visit.

And if that Californian earned $45,960 or more, he would pay the full cost of up to $294 a month and receive no subsidy. His deductible would be $2,000 and his co-pay would total $45 per visit.

Sorry, but $28k is not very much money any more, and a $193/month hit out of that income is nothing to sneeze at let alone the ridiculous deductible if god forbid anything did happen.

ETA: Those numbers are based on gross annual income which is pre tax. So slash around 26% right off the top of any of those income numbers before doing your math.

edit on 10/2/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

And you know that for a fact? Because 4% is 4%, no matter where you live.

If the maximum premium you can pay is 4% of your income, then yes...there will be plans for $57 a month for some people.

I won't qualify for them, but many will...and I'm happy for that.

The "statewide averages" blurb on there, is for the video, not the text of the article.

But nice try at attempting to further the disinformation campaign of the Republicans.

It doesn't matter anymore though, because now people will really see how cheap they will get health insurance for, the Republican fear mongering is over.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Like I said, the time for fear mongering is over.

The exchanges are open, and people are flooding to them...so much so that they are taking down the website.

Like it or not, the ACA is going to be popular.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You are completely correct on the fact that the time for fear mongering is over, now it's time to face the fact that it has become a reality.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So more tax payer money taken from some to give to others.

Now I know why I have been away for a while. This kind of crap is being spewed out commonly amongst those that march towards pissing on freedoms.

Only the coward fears life enough to want Govt to control it for them.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well, my family of 4 is now paying $800 a month in premiums. That price has quite literally doubled from $400 a month since 2010 when the bill first passed. As of the first of January is is expected to possibly double again. That is already an additional $4800 a year in the last 3 years. Our deductibles have continuously risen as well. It is getting out of hand, we have already had to change our food budget to accommodate the extra insurance costs. The best part for them is that we are a fairly healthy family, we don't even meet our deductible. So, we pay for our healthcare out of our own pocket as well as pay the insurance company $9600 a year. It's ridiculous!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

AlienScience
You feed your family by budgeting and being smart with the money you have available. Priorities...health insurance should be up towards the top.

...and by God it should fall on the shoulders of the government to forcibly dictate priorities on everyone's budget in a free country, doesn't it? :BARF

Where on the top should that priority go, AlienScience? I mean we're not talking about putting it above the vacation chateau in France, the second Ferrari, or delaying the replating of the golden toilets until next year. We're talking about families that right now, today are considered middle class, fall outside of the majority of the subsidies, and are carrying $2,500/month mortgages (or $2,500 a month rent to live reasonably in many major cities), skyrocketing energy charges, skyrocketing car insurance bills, a choice between paying out the ass to eat real healthy food or subsiding on horsecrap that's innundated with preservatives, chemicals, and primarily made from lips and anuses, higher taxes, higher gas prices, higher, higher, higher... Where, exactly does one jam hundreds of dollars a month in mandated insurance premiums into that budget?

Jesus Christ am I ever sick to hell of people incessantly flapping their gums over how working class earning Americans should spend their hard earned dollars. What of freedom, man? What of everything this currently stinking pile of crap but once glorious nation used to represent? I'm sorry that some of us aren't prioritizing our regulated lives enough for the nanny asshats in DC, but at this point they can feel free to kiss my ass (and they better pack a lunch, it's not a small ass and they will be there awhile.)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Simple solution.

Follow the law.

The guy on Facebook can't afford to follow the law, he doesn't have enough money to. How are you supposed to follow a law that you can't follow? Why is that even a law?
edit on 2-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

darkbake

AlienScience

Simple solution.

Follow the law.

The guy on Facebook can't afford to follow the law, he doesn't have enough money to. How are you supposed to follow a law that you can't follow?

Apparently we're all supposed to be able to budget this ridiculously important priority into our daily lives, elevating it (presumably) above even housing and food. Of course, once this Cloward-Piven utopia is fully functional, none of us will have to worry about those previously essential priorities... we'll presumably all be paying only for health care while enjoying our government provided homes, our daily rations of Soylent Obama superfood, our government provided transportation, and, according to Nancy Pelosi, our government provided extra 20+ hours a week of free time that we previously wasted working thanks to the sudden explosion in part time job offerings.

But don't worry, the government loves us and we'll be much happier when we accept the fact that our America must die so that their America can live.

Again, :BARF

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

AlienScience

Does it hurt for them to give it a chance and see what it has to offer?

OK we did. Here's what WA state had to offer through their exchange web.

Nice!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

AlienScience
You feed your family by budgeting and being smart with the money you have available. Priorities...health insurance should be up towards the top.

...and by God it should fall on the shoulders of the government to forcibly dictate priorities on everyone's budget in a free country, doesn't it? :BARF

Where on the top should that priority go, AlienScience? I mean we're not talking about putting it above the vacation chateau in France, the second Ferrari, or delaying the replating of the golden toilets until next year. We're talking about families that right now, today are considered middle class, fall outside of the majority of the subsidies, and are carrying $2,500/month mortgages (or $2,500 a month rent to live reasonably in many major cities), skyrocketing energy charges, skyrocketing car insurance bills, a choice between paying out the ass to eat real healthy food or subsiding on horsecrap that's innundated with preservatives, chemicals, and primarily made from lips and anuses, higher taxes, higher gas prices, higher, higher, higher... Where, exactly does one jam hundreds of dollars a month in mandated insurance premiums into that budget?

Jesus Christ am I ever sick to hell of people incessantly flapping their gums over how working class earning Americans should spend their hard earned dollars. What of freedom, man? What of everything this currently stinking pile of crap but once glorious nation used to represent? I'm sorry that some of us aren't prioritizing our regulated lives enough for the nanny asshats in DC, but at this point they can feel free to kiss my ass (and they better pack a lunch, it's not a small ass and they will be there awhile.)

Awesome. This post deserves 10 hours of clapping and a star.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

darkbake

AlienScience

Simple solution.

Follow the law.

The guy on Facebook can't afford to follow the law, he doesn't have enough money to. How are you supposed to follow a law that you can't follow? Why is that even a law?
edit on 2-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Oh, really...do you know him personally? Do you know all of his financial information and know if he is prioritizing correctly?

It is hilarious to me that you take what someone says on the internet as 100% undeniable fact...without even a question.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Bassago

AlienScience

Does it hurt for them to give it a chance and see what it has to offer?

OK we did. Here's what WA state had to offer through their exchange web.

Nice!

You have until March, keep trying.

The websites are overloaded right now because of high demand to go find out what is available.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Umm..yes...unfortunately it does. Because the majority of people are kind of stupid and they need to be governed.

This is the reason we have any laws at all...this one is no different.

Where on the top should that priority go, AlienScience? I mean we're not talking about putting it above the vacation chateau in France, the second Ferrari, or delaying the replating of the golden toilets until next year. We're talking about families that right now, today are considered middle class, fall outside of the majority of the subsidies, and are carrying $2,500/month mortgages

LOL

If someone is struggling and living paycheck to paycheck, they shouldn't be carrying a 2,500 mortgage...that is their first problem. Someone who is "middle class" really shouldn't be carrying a 2,500 mortgage if they can't handle buying health insurance.

Again priorities...and like I said...some people are too dumb to prioritize, like your hypothetical situation.

I wonder if all these struggling paycheck to paycheck "middle class" people spending $2,500 a month have a cell phone, have cable service, go out to eat, have a computer and internet access, and what other non-essential spending they have...but they can't afford health insurance.

Yes, people need to be told what to do...because most people are stupid. Those of us who are already responsible and are doing the right thing shouldn't care because it isn't affecting us at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

woodsmom

Well, my family of 4 is now paying $800 a month in premiums. That price has quite literally doubled from $400 a month since 2010 when the bill first passed. As of the first of January is is expected to possibly double again. That is already an additional $4800 a year in the last 3 years. Our deductibles have continuously risen as well. It is getting out of hand, we have already had to change our food budget to accommodate the extra insurance costs. The best part for them is that we are a fairly healthy family, we don't even meet our deductible. So, we pay for our healthcare out of our own pocket as well as pay the insurance company $9600 a year. It's ridiculous!

You should check the exchanges to see if you can find cheaper insurance. A family of four would qualify for a fairly hefty subsidy. And if that is private insurance, I know from experience that it can't be a very good plan...something you pay for but can never use because of the deductible and out of pocket costs.

the fact is, the very thing you are complaining about may be the solution to your problems.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Umm..yes...unfortunately it does. Because the majority of people are kind of stupid and they need to be governed.

Hitler would love you!

If people are stupid, they DO NOT NEED GOVERNED, they need EDUCATED!!!! That statement alone makes you ideal to becoming a slave master!

Your reasoning is so ridiculous it isn't even close to being funny or cute!

After that statement, I must really say, I can see that the government shutdown did not include your department!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

AlienScience

This is the reason we have any laws at all...this one is no different.

...actually most of the US' original laws were designed to protect people trying to pass insulting, meddlesome, and assbrained laws down the road from recieving devestating bodily harm from the general population.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All this makes me want to do is go back overseas to work and not have to pay any taxes.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What people are not considering here, is individuals who are self-employed, such as myself.

A family making $50,000 at their day jobs without work-provided insurance have a mortgage and other things to pay for, sure. But a family who are self-employed have those bills PLUS business expenses to account for, as well.

My business makes $100,000 a year. Sounds like a lot - but on top of a mortgage I have to pay and other bills to provide for my family, I also have business expenses such as rent for my business office, fleet vehicles to pay for, equipment, NECESSARY internet and other communications such as cell phones (not luxury items that other liberal posters on here have alluded to cutting out of the family budget.) So a good chunk of that $100,000 goes towards business expenses and employee payroll. What I'm left with is far less than $50,000 a year for my family to survive, but Obamacare will still consider my personal income to be over $100,000 since it's a sole-proprietorship business.

Currently I do not have health insurance. We are a very healthy family for now, and do not really need it. But now according to the calculators I have run, I will have to shell out more than $600 a month! That's half my mortgage, for something we do not need nor can afford. UNREAL! And yes, that is cheaper than current private insurance options out there, BUT it's still not necessary for us. But lord Obama says I must buy it now.

All this will do is bankrupt me and my business - which will upset many in the community. We provide a very necessary service and at low rates that make us the rave of the town. Now my options are jack up our rates and lose loyal customers or just shut our business down and heartbreak everyone who uses us.

IMHO as a small business owner, the main goal of ObamaCare is to bankrupt small businesses while lining the pockets of mega-corps who can afford lobbyists. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Join the club! If your not poor now, this so called AHA will put you right at the bottom like the rest of us. Not trying to be funny, but look at the numbers. Married? Get a divorce and cohabitate. It will save you a few thousand a year.

In your case owing your own business, kiss it goodbye. Those in government would rather have global corporations take up your slack, because they are the companies that pad these criminals pockets!

I ALWAYS buy from local businesses and I always try to not purchase (food wise) anything from a major food corporation. But as we can all see, this fraud called the affordable health care act is not only going to make people lose their jobs or go from full time to part time, but it is going to KILL small businesses!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join