It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare hot line set up in 150 different languages! WoW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have just a couple questions about this. If 1 is for English, what digits to you press for Swahili? Lol I would love to call and find out, but not doing it.

150 different languages

Can anyone on here without research, list 150 languages? It will be fun!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Wonder if Pig Latin is in there?

Ixna hista illba!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So they can say "Sorry, We have no clue what we're doing yet" to people from 150 different places, eh?

I'm so proud of our nation today. They can't find a pot to pee in, let alone a window to toss it out.....but they can sure tell people about it in every major spoken language on the planet!

What's not to love about that?

(Hops off with maximum speed to disappear down the hole ahead of thrown objects and boos)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

I am quite certain that gibberish is option 1.

edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If they come to America and can't even speak a word of English there is no way they will be getting any kind of job so they should be deported right away, not sponging of the American taxpayer.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by GNOarmy

I am quite certain that gibberish is option 1.

edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

As I learned lastnight, I enjoy your responses....lol

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

NeoSpace
If they come to America and can't even speak a word of English there is no way they will be getting any kind of job so they should be deported right away, not sponging of the American taxpayer.

You know, I'd be more generous, to just address your point for a moment? Have you ever heard English as a language you didn't understand, even for a moment? Perhaps it is a second language? I'd always heard English was a Tier 1 language...meaning among the toughest in the world to learn. I didn't understand what that meant until a night many many years ago I got drunk enough to actually NOT comprehend English for just a few moments across general chatter in the room. The experience was SO startling? Drunk or not...it burned into my mind forever. English SUCKS for people who didn't learn it as little kids! It's more foreign and more.....gobblygook nonsense strung together in a mashup than anything else I've heard in developed language. (Then comprehension returned and memory was I was left with)

I'd give everyone who wants to come here or stay here legally, 100% free support and training in classroom English instruction. If they are willing to take on learning our little monster of a language later in life? I'll MORE than happily make it easy, when nothing else about it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So when you call, you have to listen for *your* particular language ?

Or who ever answers the phone has to figure out what language you are speaking ?

That could take hours !!!

No wonder the phones are all gummed up

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

NeoSpace

Funny how illegals from Mexico that can't speak English have no problem getting a job. And English isn't Americas official language because America has no official language.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It must suck for the ones that are past 50, I would be driven insane hearing "if you would like to hear this message in *blank language* press *blank number*" 50 times or more.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So Wrabbit, if English is hard to learn, which languages are supposed to be easy???

Totally off-topic, but I'd like to point out that in the Zeitgeist Movement, most if not all of the lectures and much other material has been transcribed and translated into dozens of different languages, all by volunteers. Shows what can happen when you get a group of people together who believe in a cause.

The fourth Zeitgeist movie was released in 60 countries and 30 different languages, all on the same day, a true achievement by any standards.

Sometimes I wonder what our global civilization would be like if we had but one language shared by all. It sure would eliminate a bunch of wars which are often just misunderstandings. It's too darn easy to demonize someone as 'other' when you can't understand them. That guy from Iran never said he 'would wipe Israel off the map', it was correctly translated as 'this regime, as all others, will someday cease to exist'.

Big difference.

new topics

top topics

join