It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Tattoos on Women

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Perfectly said my friend

Your POV is exactly what I was trying to convey, thank you for sharing Egyptia.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Internet meme says it all:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Night Star
As I have said in the other thread and will say it again here...
I have a gorgeous neice who has her entire calf covered in a tattoo. To me it takes away from her natural beauty. She will wear a sexy dress and your eyes are just automatically drawn to the tattoo.

At a wedding I went to, there were gorgeous bridesmaids with beautiful sleeveless gowns and one girl looked like she was wearing a t-shirt underneath hers. It looked ridiculous and took away from her beauty.

With all the ways a woman can express herself whether with clothing, accesories, jewelry, makeup...I don't see where a permanant tattoo is neccessary. I've known many women who got sick of a design many years later and regretted getting it.

I don't judge people's personalities by their tattoos, It's just not my thing.

Thank you for sharing Night Star, nice avatar btw

The same point I was trying to make - a tattoo can take away from a females beauty, not in general as a person, just on OBSERVATION. Like, a female may have the most beautiful *insert preferred colour here* eyes, but she also might have a noticeable tattoo which is the first thing people notice about her.

There is nothing wrong with the female, that individual is still the beautiful creation she always has been. But the bodily modification can take peoples attention away from her gorgeous eyes, and more on the tattoo.

This is what I believe most men dont like. As I said in the opening paragraphs of the OP - you women are naturally beautiful the way you are, no modification is needed. A lot of men just appreciate a women who doesnt feel the need to change anything about herself, and loves her natural image for what it is.

But that is the physical aspect of the connection. The female's free choice to make a change to her body comes from her mind or heart, to express herself. That is the part some men dont see when observing the tattoos.

And this is why some things get said wrong or misunderstood. The female counterpart needs to understand, there is NOTHING more beautiful and attractive in the entire infinite universe, then the female being. You are perfect, because "god" (lets not get into that lol) created you that way. And most men love that natural-stunning aspect of our counterpart, which is why we sometimes dont agree with tattoos or piercings.. or whatever..

But again, I personally do not mind a woman expressing herself externally. AS LONG AS IT MEANS SOMETHING! Some of those bodily expressions can be beautiful and sexy. They can perfectly 'suit' the body part they are applied to, and bring that inner-expression-out from a woman.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

StallionDuck
I dissagree. I LOVE women with tats. I prefer a woman with them than without.

I think people are over thinking this way too much and should let each their own do what they want. We're in a world were too many people are too busy sticking their noses up somene elses butt to judge in hopes of making themselves look better than they feel about themselves or how they think other's perceive them.

Let it go already.

Art on skin is just as beautiful as on canvas. I believe, in fact, that art on skin is much better than on canvas. A painted woman is MOST beautiful. It has nothing to do with how they act. It's no different than someone wearing $2000 clothes. It's just $2000 clothes you never have to take off. If it makes you feel good about you, what does it matter what someone else thinks?

It has nothing to do with sexuality. If a person feels less equal, they might get tats. Tats dont equal sexuality. Feeling less attractive might make a person fall into sexual relations easier than someone who feels good about themselves.

Besides, who are you to tell someone how to live? Who are we to tell someone they cant wear makeup if they're feeling down on themselves? Ink is just really long lasting makeup.

get over yourselves already!

You ladies with ink, come to me. I'll treat you like the beautiful woman you are!

Are you kidding me? Did you even read anything at all? How do you disagree with what I said, what what part do you disagree with?

No where did I tell a woman how to live, or what tattoo to get, or how to wear their makeup? No where in the OP did I judge any kind of women, tattooed or not. Nowhere did i say I prefer a woman WITHOUT tatts.

##snipped##
edit on Wed Oct 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I have met plenty of tattooed people, who would only consider being with another person if that person had a tattoo aswell.

There are also a load of dating sites on on the internet specifically for tattooed people only.

Tattooed people are as bloody shallow as the next guy and myself.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have shown my tattoo to very few friends, mainly family. It's very personal but not in a sexual way. It was more a rite of passage. The process was as important as the imagery.

It's fairly large, a morning glory vine running the length of my rib cage down to my hip. Throughout my life the flower has, for whatever reason left it's mark, they almost seem to follow me.

After moving to a more hot/arid environment I didn't see them at all. I grew them indoor for a time. Now I have a planter outside full of them, in fact I see them everywhere in my yard and love spotting them in unusual places where they've taken hold.

Don't worry there's not enough water here for them to become the noxious weed most perceive them to be.

I have an affinity for them and they seemingly have one for me too. After moving here I discovered the nearby abandoned mine is "the morning glory" and my area has been given the same name. I found out my great grandfather/grandfather both worked there.

I'm part native American and I've returned to my ancestral home. Although they don't grow here naturally, the tattoo feels very appropriate. An artist friend drew it up especially for me, he's a tattooist so he applied the ink as well.

The session was a long one. I felt the vine had to be completed in one go and the sensations during the process were quite intense. I refused to move a muscle for fear it would ruin the outcome/experience. All I can say is it was a lesson in self discipline/control and allowed me to be more in tune with my body/nature. It sent me on a journey of sorts, similar to what I experienced during natural childbirth.

I don't show it or talk about it much because most people wouldn't be able to grasp what it truly signifies for me. Although it's beautiful it's not for anyone but me.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

The 'tramp stamp' or whatever on her lower back, she had no idea she tells me. I say to her that is what hookers get and strippers too. She was angry with me, I didn't care.

I think tattoos make women look trashy, or easy..

Are you serious? Why does a tattoo on a woman make her deserving of being stereotyped as anything but a woman with the right to choose what she does with her own body. Whether it be tattoos, or sex with as many people as she chooses.

I'm not a big fan of makeup. So does that mean I should stereotype every woman who wears it now? It's her right to wear it, and my right not to like it. But I don't have to class her as one "those" women because she does.

So now women who have a tattoo, not only get one stereotype, but two thrown at them.

Tramp-Trashy-Easy-the S word: A woman(or man) who has the courage to lead life according to the radical proposition that sex is nice, and pleasure is good for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

That is beautiful my friend! Thank you so much for sharing that, though it would be lovely to see your tattoo!

And this is the kind of thing I appreciate in those who ink their bodies, a story, a passage, a meaning, an internal expression

I appreciate you coming in and sharing all that with us, thanks again Morning Glory!

For you ^_^

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

And he was like "Women, you do realise you now only have half the chance of finding a mate" Is that so? I have Large tattoo's on my perfectly shaped thighs - and it makes men go crazy - even if I do say so my self. and FYI - it's men who have to compete for mates, not women, fact.

It would be interesting to determine honestly though how many of these potential 'mates' would consider you for a long term serious relationship or whether they are just 'crazy' for you because they may perceive you as a 'wilder', daring 'good time' kinda gal in their minds'? My own stance on this aside, the real world fact is that many (men in particular) are bias against tattooed women based on a number of factors, and there is certainly a most present stigma attached based on a number of religious and cultural upbringings as well as long held social conditioning that still influences strong perception on these matters. And that's just the way it is, like it or not. And as usual in society, women receive the shorter end of the stick in being judged more harshly in this arena- by both men and women.

To break it down though to a finer level, our chosen actions certainly can aid in defining attribute qualities in 'assessing' ones character, for there are psychological studies that help denote the profile types of those who partake in inking themselves in regard to risk taking attributes, suggesting immaturity and highlighting the qualities of short-sighted 'impulsive' decision making (similar also to cigarette smokers)---and the studious do take note of such 'psychology' in educated reasoning affecting perceptions in determining a woman more fit for a 'lower risk', stable, mature, long-term relationship (based on such surface based determinations). It may all seem shallow, however throughout my personal experiences, such studies do bear their merit of accuracy upon both male and female personalities.

For women who desire to be inked, it should be kept in mind that tattoos certainly do limit your choices in selection within the long-term partner market, especially in a world where the 'image' we project is always judged subconsciously or otherwise (unless we are deluding ourselves as to how quickly image can be immediately judged, and not just in the avenue of tattoos of course). The sad fact is that so much of this chosen personal expression via tattoos is not performed with a true significance of genuine inspiration and is usually later regretted for the most part over one's years of maturation. More rarely do both men and women get it right to the point it does not come to be viewed as a poorly opted graffiti act debasing the natural beauty in such additions of seeking that particular 'permanent expression'.

On the matter of lower back tattoos, the act of a person choosing to bear such is usually indicative of one who desires others to pay closer focus to their rear ends (a lust inciting quality) which speaks much in gauging a sense of the level of modesty in not bearing shame to 'exhibit' such. In deed, the pattern suggests they are selected amongst the moreso immoral/sexually unrestrained women in society i.e strippers, prostitutes and the generally immature, low self esteemed attention seekers that gear toward promiscuity behaviors (that to a discerning male speaks of a higher risk for infidelity). The generally educated men of a higher pecking order i.e the 'alpha males' (attributes of the successful, attractive and charismatic) who CAN take their pick from the field tend to take note of such things in particular. For the women who are not concerned about any of that, then go forth without concern and suit yourselves without that wider consideration. Just be aware however that every action of expression bears a reaction on that wider scope in society. This world is most image focused, so one is better wise in careful consideration of what (and where on their body) they choose to project to that world that ruthlessly judges.

Personally, I don't bear issue with ink on males or females and can freely admire one's chosen form of expression, as long as it is well done, complimenting to the natural innate qualities of the bearer and the expression is based on something with a strong, personal and I dare say 'spiritual' meaning. At the end of the day though, horses for courses on these matters that can gauge degrees of both great bias and appreciation by both sexes.
edit on 2-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

HanzHenry
My wife is very beautiful. I hate that she had 2 tattoos when I met her. Especially when I told her why.

The 'tramp stamp' or whatever on her lower back, she had no idea she tells me. I say to her that is what hookers get and strippers too. She was angry with me, I didn't care.

And then she got a big one on the back of one of her legs, I HATE IT.. really, getting angry now 5 years later..

I think tattoos make women look trashy, or easy..

but, if you are a Butch type lesbian, GO FOR IT!

I'm not religious, but the religious have something just for this occasion/response to your post.

Amen. Amen. Amen, Amen, Amen.

TRAMP stamps.
edit on 10/2/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Apologies but this is essentially the same thread with the same discussion leading to the same replies.

Please feel free to copy and paste posts to the original thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join