It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds more WWII vesterans to arrive in DC today to visit memorial!!! God Bless Them All...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

They haven't inserted anything, but are acting like a spoiled child insisting that it be passed before any smell test is done.

As for the ACA, they didn't even bother smelling it before passing it. And now that problems are showing up across the board. They are refusing to even rethink the issue.

And now to top it off, Pelosi and crew are targeting veteran benefits.

"If you won't gimme that, I won't give you this." 5 yr olds play that game.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Leo Shane III ‏@LeoShane 1h

!!! New Park Service Statement: "All Honor Flights are being granted access to the #WWIIMemorial to conduct 1st Amendment activities."

Leo Shane Stars and Stripes reporter on Twitter

Bravo!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

TDawgRex

They haven't inserted anything, but are acting like a spoiled child insisting that it be passed before any smell test is done.

As for the ACA, they didn't even bother smelling it before passing it. And now that problems are showing up across the board. They are refusing to even rethink the issue.

And now to top it off, Pelosi and crew are targeting veteran benefits.

"If you won't gimme that, I won't give you this." 5 yr olds play that game.

So you are saying that Democrats want this CR pushed through quickly, and that is what this whole debacle is about? Is that what you are saying that they want it passed before any "smell test" is done?

I honestly don't think you know what is going on.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If somebody is always there to change your diapers why learn to use a toilet?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I believe I know what is going on. And I don't like any of it, from either side.

But the DNC/GOP does not remind of days of old...and I thought things were bad then! LOL

I don't think that a one year delay is all that bad of a request. If the opposition can't come up with a way to defund the ACA in that time, then it passes, though I think that would be a mistake, simple math points this out.

The ACA affects us all. As far as I'm concerned, there should be no "glitches" when it becomes law.

But I also feel that way with any law that is passed. I think the lawyers that help write the laws put these "glitches" in just so they can stay employed.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

We are out of time to hold out for a delay of the ACA.

Ask the veterans...and these families...

At the National Institutes of Health, nearly three-quarters of the staff was furloughed. One result: director Francis Collins said about 200 patients who otherwise would be admitted to the NIH Clinical Center into clinical trials each week will be turned away. This includes about 30 children, most of them cancer patients, he said.

House Republicans have failed to stop Obamacare from going into effect so far, but sadly and ironically, their actions have prevented hundreds of people from getting healthcare from just one clinic.

Source

Are we going to play whack-a-mole as each victim of the shutdown gets their 15 minutes and is put in political play? Which Congressmen are at the NIH as we speak, tearing down this barrier?

At least it sounds like leaders are meeting at 5:30 p.m. today for discussions.

edit on 2-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: because I was a little harsh with my reply. sorry.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I see this as political theater. And yes it does piss me off.

We the People are being held hostage as far as I am concerned. Rational thinking is going out the window. It's becoming way to emotional. And both sides are playing it for all its worth to their advantage.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Agreed...and it is very dangerous to play it for what they think it is worth right now. The nation's tolerance has worn thin. People are out of work, hurting and frustrated with all things political. Our foreign policy is a mess. Fukushima is ****ed up and they pretend that deserves an Olympic medal instead of world-wide oversight...and now they want to mess with veterans, children with cancer, asteroids.....

*I miss the head shake symbol we used to have*

People are in no mood for games. They want serious solutions from serious public servants. Politicians are not filling that bill.

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join