It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Whats going on there! everything is collapsing? Nasa is off.... I am not sure if its the appropriate topic.. (about space)!

just try to log into official NASA website, what that suppose to mean for the globe... panic?

Nasa website no more.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
check your live feed

Topic started here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

NASA shut down and sent 98% of their work force home, actually.

Wikipedia: NASA Shutdown

I looked into this for a friend already

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Then its safe to say, that Russia is taking over space programs? I am not socked for what happens there, its well known that USA since they created the petrodollar, took the downside.. The problem is something else, the tsunami that is coming in EU!!! I am scared about this!

I ve read something about FEMA in my country today, that is in the level of alert number 3, ready to proceed and maybe Obama resigns. The next hours or days will speak the truth... I have lots of cousins in the USA - I hope u all ok there.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Ploutonas, chill out dude. Seriously. I'm sure that to people in other countries it seems pretty scary when you hear that "the U.S. government is shutting down." The news always sounds worse than the reality. In this case all the critical infrastructure is still functioning, but most federal employees (including contractors) are forced to take a few vacation days.

As for NASA, rest assured that Mission Control is still up and running to manage the International Space Station and that everything will be back to normal soon.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is The OCTOBER SURPRISE!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It was not a surprise.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It actually shut down?!

Geez, what is happening in the US (rhetorical question)? Luckily, we Canadian still have our space program.

edit on 3-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Yep, NASA is not an essential service.

In U.S. politics, a government shutdown is a situation in which Congress fails to pass authorization for sufficient funds for government operations. Typically, the government stops providing all but "essential" services at first, but since Congress must authorize all expenditures, there is no law protecting any government service from stoppage. Federal services that may continue for a time after a shutdown include the National Weather Service and its parent agencies, medical services at federal facilities, armed forces, air traffic management, and corrections (the penal system).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Thanks for the link!

new topics

top topics

join