learn more

First Obamacare security breach leaks 2,400 Americans’ info

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
First Obamacare security breach leaks 2,400 Americans’ info.

Good God.

Already ??

We heard all the warnings.

They have apparently done zero.

And it's only the beginning ?

An employee of Minnesota’s Obamacare exchange, MNsure, sent an unencrypted file to the wrong person and left 2,400 people’s private information at the mercy of a nearby insurance agent.

One exchange staffer’s simple mistake gave insurance broker Jim Koester access to an Excel document of Social Security numbers, names, addresses and other personal data for whole a list of insurance agents. Luckily for the 2,400, Koester was cooperative — and unnerved.

“The more I thought about it, the more troubled I was,” Koester told the Minnesota Star Tribune. “What if this had fallen into the wrong hands? It’s scary. If this is happening now, how can clients of MNsure be confident their data is safe?”

Incompetence or Criminal ?

Who are we supposed to Trust ?

Please read the whole article.
It begins: First Obamacare security breach leaks 2,400 Americans’ info

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

In other news - Obama has pushed for legislation that makes identity protection coverage mandatory...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
And in the UK the government plan and announce that they are going to sell all NHS patients' confidential medical info. They're actually proud of themselves! You'll get used to this kind of 'treatment'..........maybe.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

ChuckNasty

In other news - Obama has pushed for legislation that makes identity protection coverage mandatory...

or chip us like cattle!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well who didn't see that one coming?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by ChuckNasty

ChuckNasty

or chip us like cattle!

The RFID crap is scary as fuuuuke. Place a 'few' listening post, and BOOM - instant tracking. Many states already implementing the new RFID cards.
edit on 2-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: language , my bad

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I suspect information has been sold for years in the UK. I am partially deaf and suddenly some 15 years ago I started to get advertgising for deaf aids. Most people would never guess I am deaf and only people I tell actually knew it - so where did the info come from to target me for a deaf aid - my medical records!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Obamacare is competing with GTA Online for worst product launch in history. Also, someone said RFID chips are being implemented in the states?! I knew the idea was out there, but this is the first I heard of them actually being used on any notable scale. Have I just been under a rock?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
In 20 years of using the Internet, I've not once sent errant emails to anyone.

So how does one justify sending an email to the wrong party, in the industry one is working in?
Answer: no justification. It was deliberate and now they're doing the 'cover your ass' thing.

Sad thing is, once data is sent, it can be forwarded ad infinitum. Detrimental use of the data cannot be corrected, ever.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!

And just you wait until your medical info gets into the hands of the IRS!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
so 2400 ..that must be every single person who actually signed up for this load of crap yesterday..

yeah it's universally free huh.. wonder how many will drop out on them today

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Snarl

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!

And just you wait until your medical info gets into the hands of the IRS!!!

That's already been happening !!!

Has the IRS Already Seized Your Medical Records?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Goodness.. I'm..I'm.. shocked!

Who would have thought it possible? Really? You're sure about this story, OP? I mean... no mistake here?

..cause sharing the story of warning this would happen well in advance, as states saw the nightmare coming in full color (with specific reasoning) sure didn't help anyone care or believe this wasn't the best thing since sliced bread and the Betamax.

Obamacare cutting major corners to advance, States are concerned...

I ask now, what could ever have gone wro....err..Right??

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So, nobody else has dug into this and realized that this actually happened back on 9/13 ?

Sorry to be a party pooper....

- SN

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by troll killer

Well, not that it makes it much better but for all the bandwagon-jumpers, you might want to read the actual post. Just for rips and giggles...

One exchange staffer’s simple mistake gave insurance broker Jim Koester access to an Excel document of Social Security numbers, names, addresses and other personal data for whole a list of insurance agents.

Insurance agents. Not people signing-up.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You do not even have to go onto the internet for your data to be taken as many exchanges are not doing background checks on the people taking your information for obamacare.

benswann.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

xuenchen
First Obamacare security breach leaks 2,400 Americans’ info.

Good God.

Already ??

We heard all the warnings.

They have apparently done zero.

And it's only the beginning ?

An employee of Minnesota’s Obamacare exchange, MNsure, sent an unencrypted file to the wrong person and left 2,400 people’s private information at the mercy of a nearby insurance agent.

One exchange staffer’s simple mistake gave insurance broker Jim Koester access to an Excel document of Social Security numbers, names, addresses and other personal data for whole a list of insurance agents. Luckily for the 2,400, Koester was cooperative — and unnerved.

“The more I thought about it, the more troubled I was,” Koester told the Minnesota Star Tribune. “What if this had fallen into the wrong hands? It’s scary. If this is happening now, how can clients of MNsure be confident their data is safe?”

Incompetence or Criminal ?

Who are we supposed to Trust ?

Please read the whole article.
It begins: First Obamacare security breach leaks 2,400 Americans’ info

uh how is this a security breach? a breach would be someone breaking into it to steal stuff, this clearly someone failing to check who they were emailing, it's not even a leak.

you shouldn't trust websites like that, they don't know what a leak or a security breach is.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Are you honestly trying to say a mistake is not a breach of security?

Oh my - I need a break from this place I think!

Who the heck are they employing with our sensitive information?!!?

CdT

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by demongoat

Are you honestly trying to say a mistake is not a breach of security?

Oh my - I need a break from this place I think!

Who the heck are they employing with our sensitive information?!!?

CdT

It's the attack of *The Zombie Navigators* !!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

It is even better where I work...a Government agency. At least once a quarter I get an email that I shouldn't and it was sent agency wide. I am thinking either people are that incompetent or are purposefully sending it to all.

Better yet is when people, in response to these blanket emails, hit "reply all"...

Idiots will be idiots and are found everywhere.

The fact that any agency who is handling this type of information is not, by law, instructed to encrypt their emails just shows we are in for a fun ride when it comes to our personal information.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join