It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi urges ‘no’ vote on funding for veterans’ benefits during govt. shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
Okay, this is just really, really bothering me...

But think about it...

The President of the United States, our Commander in Chief...

Has never served in any of the armed forces....

Yeah, keep on trying to figure that one out. I'm face palming myself on this one. We're all dumbasses.

CdT

It was his middle name that should have been the dead giveaway. The real conspiracy here was the lack of choice in a lesser of the two evils. TPTB preyed on the weak wills of the apologists (who may still be wondering they felt compelled to apologize for something they had no hand in to begin with).

How about the person who is urging a 'no vote' as the subject of this thread? Did Nancy Pants ever serve? Forgive her, she's a puppet, and she knows not what she does.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Pelosi etal need to be run out of town. Actually, the whole sorry federal government. Wipe the slate clean and start over for crying out loud.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
Okay, this is just really, really bothering me...

But think about it...

The President of the United States, our Commander in Chief...

Has never served in any of the armed forces....

Yeah, keep on trying to figure that one out. I'm face palming myself on this one. We're all dumbasses.

CdT

Yet, he is the absolute HIGHEST ranking member in the United States armed forces (with NO experience required).

Let us not forget: when someone becomes an officer or enlists in one of the branches of the U.S. military, (s)he is required to take an oath to obey all orders of the President (again, no experience required). Imagine that!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Well, from what I can remember of being in the service...

Basic training's a @itch. The subsequent MOS training intensive. The rank system, challenging to climb...

CdT

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm torn on this. I disagree strongly with using any specific groups as bargaining chips. At the same time though, I disagree with what passing this would do. The endgame for the Republicans here is to pass CR's funding parts of the government piece by piece until they eventually fund everything that they aren't making political issues out of at the moment leaving just the stuff they dislike funded and the government essentially back to work while technically shut down.

That's not a good situation for the country either because it effectively gives whoever's in control of the house total control of the government bypassing the balance of powers. A long term shutdown is better than that alternative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join