It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi urges ‘no’ vote on funding for veterans’ benefits during govt. shutdown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

You don't negotiate with terrorists.

The GOP wanted to play the shutdown game, now they have to face the consequences. The Senate shouldn't budge on anything but a full funding CR that is clean of partisan politics that have nothing to do with funding the government.

But now the GOP is feeling the heat and so they want to pass specific funding for their favorite pet projects. Too bad, you either stop playing your idiotic game or you will continue to feel the heat.

Republicans can not complain about services not being funded that THEY DEFUNDED.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

well here`s the thing, when those vets enlisted the government made a commitment, a promise that if anything happened to them the government and the people would take care of them. Now the government is throwing those vets under the bus and breaking their promise to take care of them.

so, you have to ask yourself this, since the government is willing to renege on it`s promise to disabled vets and throw them under the bus what hope is there that the government won`t renege on it`s obamacare promise to give tax credits for premium payments to low income families?
What hope is there that the government will live up to any of the promises that they have made?

The U.S. dollar isn`t backed by gold it`s backed by the worlds faith that the U.S. government will fulfill it`s promises, if these miserable cur`s in washington will renege on their promises throw women, children and disabled vets under the bus they will renege on all their promises and throw everyone under the bus.
How much faith will the world have in a currency and a government that so easily reneges on it`s promises?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

The GOP aren't terrorists. They aren't going around blowing themselves or others up trying to get their way. They may be misguided in their beliefs (just like Democrats) and their actions may be a little extreme (again just like Democrats), but that doesn't make them terrorists. People need to stop throwing the T word around so willy-nilly, there is a certain government organization that takes these accusations very seriously.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The democrats didn`t vote to not fund veteran benefits they voted to DEFUND veteran benefits as a non essential expense.

Through the continued payroll taxes that are being collected the government has the money to fulfill it`s obligation and promise to the veterans,the democrats voted to DEFUND veteran benefits and just sit on the money.To me that`s a lot different than the republicans saying that they don`t want to borrow more money to fund all the government programs.

www.usgovernmentrevenue.com...
www.federalbudget.com...

you either stop playing your idiotic game or you will continue to feel the heat

i`m not a democrat, republican or a congressman so there`s no need to use the word "you"

edit on 2-10-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

TardacusSo, the democrats retaliate against the republicans for the shutdown by holding disabled veterans hostage.

What almost certainly happened was the republicans polluted the bill with lots of their nasty awfulness in return for their votes.

So much so that it put the dems off.
edit on 2013/10/2 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

And Pelosi would be right!!!! If the republicans really want to shut down the government, then let them take the heat for their actions.

I think that what the Tea Party Republicans are doing right now is tantamount to extortion, which is the same practice utilized by the mafia back in the day.

IMO, the Justice Dept. should look into charging them under the RICO Act for conspiring to extort the U.S. government and the people it represents. It's not like we don't have evidence of them promising to shut down our government back when they ran for office.

Oh yeah, once they're found guilty, I'd lock their asses up at GITMO just to insure they never terrorize the american people again or until they die from hunger strikes, whichever comes first.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

The GOP aren't terrorists. They aren't going around blowing themselves or others up trying to get their way. They may be misguided in their beliefs (just like Democrats) and their actions may be a little extreme (again just like Democrats), but that doesn't make them terrorists. People need to stop throwing the T word around so willy-nilly, there is a certain government organization that takes these accusations very seriously.

They are economic terrorist!

Not every act of terrorism has to involve explosives. To be held hostage is an act of terrorism, especially when they're holding an entire nation hostage.

If they don't like being called terrorist, they should quit acting like terrorist, plain & simple.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

You're talking about the DOJ headed by one of the U.S.'s biggest criminals and dare I even say it...traitor? Of course, since I'm not a lawyer, I could be wrong. LOL

I'm starting to think that the Pentagon should just round them all up and sent the entire lot to Club Gitmo. And immediately announce that new elections will be held in six months to replace them.

What did the Pelosi say a bit ago?...It's time to drain the swamp.

The stupid is getting so bad in the USG that I'm thinking a American Spring is coming if all sides don't pull their head out of their fourth point of contact.
edit on 2-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah, but they will keep sending out food stamps and welfare checks.

I know some people need these things but there is a HUGE percentage that is just milking the system also.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Which Jobs or Agencies Have Been Affected By the Government Shutdown

I urge people that do not know how their government assistance, pensions and pays will be affected read this link.

www.idesigntimes.com... htm

Interestingly SS checks will be send, military pay, some agencies will still work, but pensions for military retirees will be in jeopardy depending how long the shutdown last.

My husband retirement pay from the military could be delayed but then it has to be pay in full, no so with government workers pay.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I would swear that both parties are paving the way for a civil war. The stupidity of them all is absolutely astounding. What the hell are they thinking?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well they seem to be looking more and more like the do not care about the nations voters and tax payers, but remember this happen during Clinton and lasted 28 days with one in between emergency budget to keep certain areas of the government working.

We survived that time so I am sure we will survive this time around.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

marg6043

Well they seem to be looking more and more like the do not care about the nations voters and tax payers, but remember this happen during Clinton and lasted 28 days with one in between emergency budget to keep certain areas of the government working.

We survived that time so I am sure we will survive this time around.

The internet wasn't fueling the whackjobs with ideas back then.

Things have changed. Both parties need to come to their senses. I don't really relish riots.

I wonder if there is a way to track crime rates during this shutdown.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yes times have changed you are right, now more of the population is under some government assistance program also under government employment, so the ramifications and the impact of the shut down is bigger and wider, still this should show people how over bloated and out of control our once for the people government has become in the last decade. It looks to me that government controls most of the population in this nation from well being to essential areas of life for suvivial.

Government was not mean to become like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Snarl

AlliumIslelily
I don't know how you can be a veteran without realizing, at some point during your service, that the government doesn't care about you.

Maybe it's you who should realize that it's not really a government anymore.

Touché, but my point still stands.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Va benefits should be sacrosanct- maybe it's time for a coup? America really hasn't had one and historically it's the armies that eventually put the brakes on tyrants and their crones.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey on a good note,

They finally found a way to reduce spending...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well, it is naturally only a matter of time...particularly if this is the route our elected representative wish to take. Perhaps, we should elect only those who have served, so as to be aware, eh?

If veterans are a target...

What do elected leaders imagine active personal in all military to be once they retire or fulfill their obligations to their term contracts....

Uh... veterans...

So ya, it makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Maybe that was our first mistake... electing a president who has never served in the armed forces... He didn't did he? Can't have a perspective you were never party to. BAD pick. We only have ourselves to blame. But in all fairness.. the other option, Romney - never served in the military either. Set up anyone? No matter which way the wind blew, neither candidate, had any military experience. As Col. Alexander said in his AMA earlier this week - we're FUBAR'ed.

CdT

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

sjorges2002

Va benefits should be sacrosanct- maybe it's time for a coup? America really hasn't had one and historically it's the armies that eventually put the brakes on tyrants and their crones.

The Civil War springs to mind. That was a BAD thing and it was pretty much limited to cannon balls, muskets, and bayonets. Next time it'll be worse than anyone could imagine ... and I can imagine some truly horrific stuff.

VA bennies - meh! They should have never been granted the label. Vets need to be taken care of ... but they don't expect you to personally wipe their butt for them every time they take a dump ... and the taxpayer shouldn't have to. I am zero percent disabled. I 'could be' 100% disabled if I were the type of person who fails to adequately manage their expectations (e.g. a libtard). You got your arms and legs blown off, that's one thing ... sleep apnea? ... that's quite a stretch (and a 50% disability I might add ... more than if you did get a leg blown off, if memory serves).

And as far as the Army stepping in ... Take a look at some of the replies from the unwashed masses (even here on ATS) who say the military will never fire on their fellow citizens -gasp- and explain to me how anything will change by them being involved. What're they going to do ... throw a tantrum?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Okay, this is just really, really bothering me...

But think about it...

The President of the United States, our Commander in Chief...

Has never served in any of the armed forces....

Yeah, keep on trying to figure that one out. I'm face palming myself on this one. We're all dumbasses.

CdT

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join