It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 4 year-old Daughter's Sudden fear Of Aliens (and what happened to me when I was 4).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All of a sudden,out of nowhere, my daughter has started talking about aliens and how frightened she is of them (this has been going on for about 2 weeks now). One of the things I do as Daddy is kill spiders,she is terrified of them. This evening she asked me to please kill any aliens I see, even E.T. whom she used to love. Her voice dropped down to a barely audible whisper when she started talking about aliens tonight and she was very hesitant to answer any of my questions as to why she is afraid.
I don't talk about aliens,U.F.O.s,or any paranormal subject with my daughter as I don't feel it's an appropriate topic of discussion with a 4 year old.
Part of me has to wonder...is it possible that she is being abducted?
When I was 4 in the middle of the night I was awakened by a voice calling my name, long and stretched out, like you would call for a pet or from a long way off. I woke up bolt upright in my bed and ran to my mother's room and flipped on the lights, my step-father was in bed fast asleep but my mother was not there (the next day she told me she must have gotten up in the middle of the night and gone into the bathroom). It then came upon me that she was sitting in the car waiting for me to come outside. I ran outside to the street (not everyday average behavior for a four year old in the middle of the night) to where the station wagon was parked and peered into the car with my hands on both sides of my eyes to see in. I noticed a big bright white light (streetlight?) behind me reflected back off the glass. Eventually I wandered back into the house and went back to bed.
I just have to wonder...what if? and it's giving me chills.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

More likely it is a TV show, vid or a conversation with a playmate. You can check these out by sharing, something like, When I was 6 my friend told me about a car crash and I was scared until I asked my dad. Next day ask if she has watched any scary TV programs etc. Take it slow.

P

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My son was terrified of ET and still won't watch it all these years later. He is older now and likes movies like Paul - said Paul doesn't bother him. I just asked him since I was curious and he said it's because of "the way they make him look". "Paul just looks like your typical alien guy but ET; he's scarry". I asked him "why is he scary and Paul isn't". He said because ET looks real. If that makes sense. Doesn't to me unless I think of the comedy aspect. Maybe ET seems more real because of the human emotions he shares with children - curiosity, sadness, friends, being alone, fear, etc. The movie Paul is funny. Of course my child is older now so he should be over his fear by now. I'm sure it's just a memory of something he didn't like back then but it really affected him.

For other kids I have seen watch ET - empathy and a sort of shared compassion. My niece for example used to watch it over and over. She would even get choked up. As if she were right there with him.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ask her if the aliens had black hair?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

ET came out when I was really young, I was ok with it at first. One time watching it I figured it would be cute to act like I was scared, well my older brothers decided to tease me about it and would hold thier finger out and say "ET phone home!" Well it turned into me becoming absolutely terrified of ET, I am 30 years old and still scream at the sight of him...
Anyways, it does sound like there might have been something that happened, be it a actual abduction, or just a scary dream. Poor little thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

huh?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Its an interesting detail people leave out, the color of the Aliens hair.

Contrary to popular belief, most visiting space aliens have hair!

or:

Ask, What color their hair was?
edit on 1-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Ask her if the aliens had black hair?

LOL!

Why is this so funny to me?

I'm reading the replies and all of a sudden...."Ask her if the aliens had black hair?" LOL!

WTH

Edit - Oh my god I read the above post and started laughing so hard I'm crying! Thanks - with everything going on I needed a good laugh.

edit on 1-10-2013 by tweetybird0428 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tweetybird0428

Damn... mine were bald (all seriousness)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My four year old son talks about aliens. He's a remarkable little boy. Very creative. The thing is. I talk about aliens, ghosts, and all manner of supernatural also. We watch movies like 'Planet 51', 'Monsters Inc.', 'Aliens in the Attic'. So it is easy to pass off his "stories" as the product of an active mind working off his movie collection and listening to me.

However, he does do a few things that are odd and markers to my mind. He talks about the aliens being on the roof. He says the bad aliens are on the roof, but the good aliens live in the brown house (it's abandoned across the street). Anyhow he has a little toy, a green "grey" type looking alien that glows in the dark that he has started carrying around, and a stuffed owl. I found that interesting. Anyhow, he will hold up the little glow in the dark "grey type" alien toy and tell me, "This is what the bad aliens look like, and sometimes I think it's a owl looking in my window", he'll hold up his stuffed animal. He then goes on to say, "But the one eye aliens protect us, Mom. They stay next door and will come and make the other aliens go away. They are good aliens. They watch over us because the bad aliens are not allowed to get to us anymore".

That isn't anything he would know, or get from me or his cartoons. The owl anyways. If I'm talking of aliens, I'm more arguing the EDH hypothesis against the ETH hypothesis with my husband. I became curious about one eyed aliens when I related a story about this in another thread, where a poster came on and said, "Aliens do not have one eye." Where as I simply responded, I was relaying a story for sharing sake and thought it was amusing. At the time, I thought the one eyed alien was a fanciful recreation of Mike Lebowski of 'Monster's Inc'. Plausible assumption, I think. But it got me wondering, so I did do a web search.

Alien Encounters in Southeast Asia

It seems there are reports, decades back, of people encountering one eyed aliens. It makes one wonder. Doesn't it?

CdT

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Hi , I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has has such a frightening experience.
Children do absorb so much of their world view from their parents.

It has also been documented in several abduction cases that it quite often runs through families , like grandparents , children and grandchildren , some sort of genetic component to their investigations.

My I suggest that the child probably wishes to put the scary event out of her mind and this is quite a natural thing for anyone to want to do.

Perhaps if your interested in trying to find out what went on that night , you could try using Art and getting her to draw rather than talk about it. This is a less confrontational approach and a way of allowing her to express her feeling < which can"t always be expressed by the language of a four year old>

if she was my daughter , I would validate her feeling so that she does not feel alone and isolated , if this was an abduction event.

I would give her some sort of device like a baby monitor in her room , so that she knows that she can call for help at any time and also to allow you to hear what is actually happening in her room.

Other than that , love her as you do and give her extra cuddles to help her to feel safe.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Almost certain that it is due to her peers and/or TV.

When I was young, I was terrified of cement trucks...mainly due to the mobster style TV shows.

Mirrors too - that bloody Mary crap can really mess with your mind...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The research I have done strongly indicates that abductors follow certain bloodlines, and if you were abducted there's an extremely high chance that all of your children will also be abducted. The real question is, how sure are you that you were abducted... the probability of your daughter being abducted hinges on how certain you are that you were abducted as a child.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

The research I have done strongly indicates that abductors follow certain bloodlines, and if you were abducted there's an extremely high chance that all of your children will also be abducted. The real question is, how sure are you that you were abducted... the probability of your daughter being abducted hinges on how certain you are that you were abducted as a child.

Read similar... Now inform him how he can prevent this if he is certain...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Now inform him how he can prevent this if he is certain...

I don't know of any way. An ant probably has more chance of escaping abduction by a human.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

Now inform him how he can prevent this if he is certain...

I don't know of any way. An ant probably has more chance of escaping abduction by a human.

Exactly. Sometimes telling a lie is better for the soul than the truth.. Lol, you probably...nvm.

OP, it is due to current visual media. My son went through similar (ghosts, no aliens), I just showed him facts instead of speculative fears. Calmed his fear...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Sometimes telling a lie is better for the soul than the truth

Some times ignorance may be more desirable than the truth, but I assume the OP asked this question on ATS because they were looking for a real answer, whether they liked the answer or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My advice is to be sure is to place a mini cam in the room to tape any activity during the night, she might just have seen something that has creeped her out, children have very active imaginations at the young age your daughter is.
I think the best course of action to, saying along the lines of the fear of spiders, capture a spider in a glass and show her whilst telling her not to be afraid it cant hurt her.
Then get her to touch it, then let her hold it.
Then tell her that Aliens are the same as spiders but you can't catch an alien, most are harmless, some are good ( like the spiders that catch flies from flying in your room), to bad ones that bite you, it all depends on which one it is.

The couple of experiences I have had over my 40 years leads me to believe that like us, there is good and bad in all things, aliens are not always bad as Hollywood would have us believe. Spiders, Aliens, People all have good, bad and ugly in them.
edit on 2/10/13 by DataWraith because: Additional text

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

reminds me a bit of that movie "the fourth kind"...

the line "oh God, its not an owl" comes to mind, right about now...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Reading this gave me shivers and goosebumps in the first paragraph.
My daughter has said the same to me about aliens and giant bees everywhere in her dreams.
And I too remember strange happinings when I was her age( 4-5) similar to what you described.
Ive always tried not to think about it , and even now..
If only I knew how to get regressed memories?

does anybody in this forum know how to tell if you have been abducted?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join