It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Ball Cap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Years ago I had this thing that I was told was called a "flapjack" It was about 12 inches long with a round of leather at the end, that was round and packed with sand. The action of it was the round sand bag that was as hard a concrete flapped on the end. I was told it was a pison guard tool of yester year. I like the weighted glove idea. I'm not much on buying store bought things that I can make myself. You sound like the same type of person. If you do a ball cap, just use a good quality cap. If you use lead shot, encase it in plasti -dip.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'd go with tungsten putty instead. Tungsten is denser than lead,would probably hit harder being less "conforming" than small balls since it's in one piece, and if sweat-soaked thru it won't poison you.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
Dont think it will work? Take a 16oz claw hammer, hold your hand out as if your holding a knife and let someone smack you across the hand with the hammer...same thing with the lead shot ballcap...

Sounds like a roll of quarters in a sock. Ouch.

The two most simple weapons I've seen lately are chemical. Yes ..... chemical.

1) Wasp spray with an 8 to 10+ foot stream is pretty effective against someone without eye protection. But, not all wasp sprays work right today and some don't project a stream at all. It goes without saying that you should test anything you count on for protection.

2) The second item is pepper powder. A friend had grown some tiny peppers that were hotter than fire. I dried them and crumbled them into a tupperware container for storage in the fridge. Unfortunately, I did not wear gloves and I touched my eyes. Unbelievable. I spent considerable time under running water after that screwup. Essentially homemade pepper spray.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I understand what the hat is for, defense against surprise attacks/muggings I just think it is more of a novelty than a tool I would actually trust my life with. A gun is obviously the most efficient option. If it's knife attacks you're worried about the balls in the hat would spill out after about two downward strikes to the knife-wielding hand and you don't get much reach to keep distance when holding a hat by its bill. Maybe against a really small pocketknife but it sounds more dangerous to engage an attacker with the gameplan revolving around a slightly weighted ballcap than to use some krav maga or something like that, which is probably how prepared you should be if you think you need to put on your heavy hat before going outside. Or a gun if necessary. A knife or a wrench or a boxcutter are also better weapons than the hat. Just seems like you could get yourself hurt depending on such an item as a hat with a handful of lead sewn into it especially if the hat is a typical flimsy ballcap and the attacker you're about to use it on has a knife. A sword cane would be way cooler and more effective. Or even just a regular cane.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

I dont DEPEND on a ball cap. I depend on my mind and ability to keep a check on my surroundings and not put myself into bad situations. If that fails I depend on the Glock 40 cal that's strapped to my hip.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hopefully nothing falls on your head while you're wearing it. Ever had anything hit you right on that little button in the crown of your cap? It hurts. And that's just a little plastic button.

Not bad survival trickery though, I must say.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I maintain the gloves my self, but I bought them from a friend for fifteen quid, and was told that they are "doorman's gloves". I am not however, a doorman. In order to maximise their effectiveness, I later purchased a set of large fingerless leather riggers gloves, and put the doorman's gloves inside them, so not only do they do a good job of keeping my hands safe, they also keep them very warm in winter !

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That gives me an idea for a winter time " Tactical Knit Cap" maybe some tactical "wool socks" Just kidding TB.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join